Tensor Alpine Ultralight Mountaineering Pad . We love the camp dreamer because it packs a ton of the same features of premium pads, like a four-inch-thick sleeping surface, vented foam insulation, and a toasty 6.6 R-value, but it does it all at a price that's tough to beat. Boasting an impressive 6.9 R-value, a backpack-friendly packed size, and a respectable 18.2-ounce weight, Therm-a-Rest's Neo-Air Xtherm sleeping pad packs one of the most impressive warmth to weight ratios on the market. There are two different types of backpacking sleeping pads; foam sleeping pads and inflatable sleeping pads. Just wondering. They have also incorporated TPU film into the Tensors insulation to replace the aluminum film. Do sleeping pads go inside sleeping bags? Even with a little silicone, this is a very tight cap to open and close, placing too much pressure on the glue around the seams. Hiked in the Alps, Iceland and other countries. I always try to test my gear on my hikes and put it through its paces. The tapered neck made it easy to get air into the pump sack, and the more rubbery material held air better. AU $237.64. Required fields are marked *. We generally recommend shopping based on the kinds of camping you typically do and narrowing down your search from there. Boasting an impressive 6.9 R-value, a backpack-friendly packed size, and a respectable 18.2-ounce weight, Therm-a-Rest's Neo-Air Xtherm sleeping pad packs one of the most . While it is a luxurious 3 inches thick, it rolls up incredibly small and thin, making it easy to pack in a lower volume . Is there something else youd recommend for a side sleeper? Internally, the Tensor UL Insulated is insulated with a reflective film and baffled air chambers. Read how our selections of best hiking products differ from others here. Ive only had good experiences with these two brands. Overall we think these improvements are excellent, and still recommend the Tensor (and all its variations). If you often camp on rough terrain, an inflatable sleeping pad is a better option for you because it will provide better cushioning. Built on our iconic proprietary Spaceframe baffle construction, Tensor offers quiet, supportive comfort in an ultralight package. $77.93. I reached out to Nemo and was told that I could not get a refund since I had used the pad, but I could try to work with the retailer where I had purchased the sleeping pad. Ultimately, I chose to use the warmer X-lite pad because I find it more comfortable for my sleeping style. Digital Trends Media Group may earn a commission when you buy through links on our sites. It does take a lot of pressure but thats how its made. The Best Sleeping Pads for Backpacking in 2023, Sea to Summit Comfort Plus Self Inflating. I usually clean them in a bathtub. Read more. Definitely a warmer pad, and I think a bit more comfortable, too (highly subjective evaluation.) While it is a luxurious 3 inches thick, it rolls up incredibly small and thin, making it easy to pack in a lower volume backpack. Premium 20D fabrics shave grams for a minimal pack size and weight. Below 30 degrees I was feeling the chill. Best Use: Backpacking. Nemo offers the Tensor line in many other varieties: a Rectangular pad with a 20- and 25-inch width, Small and Large sizes, and insulatedanduninsulated versions. The sleeping pad comes with a repair kit and a stuff sack. Sleeping bags provide very little warmth on the underside because the insulation gets deflated by the weight of your body and thus cannot efficiently trap the body-warmed air in that area. The old S2S had a few small rubberized films on it to combat that. But if you think you would need an even lighter sleeping pad, I would recommend Thermarest NeoAir Uberlite it only weighs 8.8 oz and offers better insulation than Nemo Tensor Uninsulated. Its a cap-within-a-cap affair; opening both caps lets air out quickly, as its wide open. Therefore, the Klymit sleeping pad has an R-value of 4.4. I am 6'3" and 245lbs. Durable 30-denier ripstop polyester provides a smooth luxury feel with a quiet, supportive stretch. However, the convective heat loss can be reduced further with a high-quality sleeping pad. No single piece of outdoor gear has a larger impact on your sleeping comfort than your sleeping pad. Im 510 and wide, so I didnt want to carry the extra weight of a 66-sized pad. NEMO Tensor: https://amzn.to/3iugcrONemo Flyer: https://alnk.to/gVGmBQp Our Favorite Gear:Backpack (Men's): https://alnk.to/caYj7pUBackpack (Women's): https:. I use warm water and diluted Dawn with a soft brush. Most inflatable pads are highly water-resistant, if not waterproof. Ive never had any problems with any of them. As you realize, the large inner air channels coincide with the peaks in the top and bottom profile, and the foam bridges in between provide support typical for a foam pad. Wide range of sizes for pairing with the rest of your sleep system. Use code DAN15 to get 15% off your first purchase at Backcountry.com. But, nothing protects your lower extremities quite like a good pair of gaiters. The Therm-a-Rest Z Lite Sol sleeping pad has an R value of 2.6 which is indeed good for a foam sleeping pad. The advanced design of the valve is practical and sets it apart from other brands, but why put it on top of the sleeping pad? The NEMO Tensor 20R mummy sleping pad still in its case. The Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Xlitebackpacking sleeping pad is super light it weighs merely 12 ounces. I bought one in late 2019 and it says 3.5. I have to press extra hard on the top of the valve and bottom of the pad to snap it closed. How would you compare this to the ether light xt durability/longevity of the pads; surface feel of the material on your skin; and comfort for a side sleeper? It doesnt matter if you bought it through our website, from another website, or your local retailer; the Better Sleep Guarantee stands.. I rode over to Mountain Crossings in Blue Ridge and purchased a Thermarest X-Lite. I wont dock NEMO any serious points for this, however, as the Tensor series does feature 25-inch wide insulated and uninsulated models. This review will compare the two pads, highlighting the pros and cons of each one. Sea To Summit Ether Light XT: https://bit.ly/3zdQMVINemo Tensor: https://bit.ly/3xdrA08The Nemo Tensor is arguably one of the best sleeping pads on the marke. The Klymit Insulated Static V Lite is a budget insulated sleeping pad which offers a lot for the price. We use cookies to improve your experience. Thanks for the feedback. The Nemo Tensor uses a New Laylow zero-profile, multi-functional, micro-adjustable valve. Say that three times fast. A new internal layer of ultra-thin film reduces convection currents and adds R-value. Your email address will not be published. Get the plushest, most decadent pad you can afford, and never look back. AU $114.95 New. Quieter, thicker and even more versatile than its predecessor, the NeoAir XLite NXT is hands-down the best all-around ultralight air pad. The NEMO Tensor line includes the pad (in grey), the stuff sack, a patch kit, and the velcro strap for keeping the package small. I bought the new version and recently had it out in the same conditions (30 degrees, little to no wind, same campsite), and felt no loss of heat whatsoever. The Essential Guide for MenThe Manual is simple we show men how to live a life that is more engaged. I purchased the Nemo Tensor Regular, Wide. NEMO introduced a novel hybrid design, merging an air pad with a foam self-inflating pad to produce the Flyer, the worlds first baffled self-inflating sleeping pad. After an hour of reading I turned off my headlamp and attempted sleep in earnest. Sea To Summit Ether Light XT Air Sleeping Pad, Big Agnes Rapide SL Insulated Sleeping Pad, Sea To Summit Comfort Deluxe Sleeping Pad, REI Co-Op Camp Dreamer XL Self Inflating Pad, Camping gear 101: the must-have equipment for everyone, Camping gear tips: We bet something on this list will make it into your pack this winter, The best leg gaiters for exploring the snowy outdoors this winter, No matter how far off-trail you're exploring this winter, protect your legs with a good pair of gaiters, Keep your fingers toasty warm this winter with the 7 best hand warmers. (Yes, 8,400 feet is at altitude when you live 10 minutes from the beach.) It is hands down the most comfortable pad I've ever used (side sleeper). Laylow zero-profile, multifunctional, micro-adjustable valve is flush to the pad and allows fine-tuning of comfort. Both are great. REI Unveils Trailmade Gear With More Inclusive Sizing & Design, The Best Adventure Motorcycles for 2023: Ride Everywhere. The Tensorproducts with 25 in their name have a 25-inch width. Seiji Ishii is the climbing and cycling editor at Gear Junkie and has enjoyed a lifetime of outdoor adventure and sports, from participant and competitor to coach and trainer, and finally as an editorial contributor. I found the quilting more stable and comfortable than pads Ive used with large longitudinal baffles. It now lives permanently in the adventure van, replacing the bulky foam mattress, opening up much-needed space. Also, when failure isnt an option, the Flyer will get packed, as its much less prone to puncturing, and at the very worst, the foam still provides some cushioning and insulation. Included Vortex pump sack provides easy and fast inflation, saves breath at elevation, and minimizes moisture entering the pad. More on R-Value and temperature ratings in our, We tested a mummy version, but its also offered in a Rectangle shape. What is the most comfortable sleeping pad? NeoAir XLite NXT Ultralight Sleeping Pad | Therm-a-Rest. Even though the Tensor 20R was narrower in the torso than I prefer, the mummy shape I tested is dialed and I appreciated it. The pad is a tad lighter, includes a pump sack, and has a slightly more refined look. The NEMO Flyer is a lightweight, three-season pad that hits the sweet spot between an air pad and a self-inflating foam pad. Free Shipping and Returns. Are you going roadside and camping from the car? This quilt does not skimp on materials and workmanship, keeping me warm and comfortable! It is made of 30-denier nylon which provides great abrasion resistance and durability. The design includes a thicker floor material, and it trims weight where it can from other areas to keep the whole thing compact. With an R-Value of 4.2, the Tensor UL Insulated is a solid 3+ season backpacking air mattress that is 3 oz heavier than NeoAir XLite sleeping pad (in a regular mummy size) but quieter, thicker, and more comfortable by a long shot. Outdoor adventuring in winter can be brutal. Sleeping pads keep you warm and comfortable during the nights. This looks like a good improvement from 3.5 to 4.2. The two-step locking valve on the Tensor is a variation of the twist and pull, and makes inflation and deflation simple. Nemo has overhauled their popular Tensor Insulated sleeping pad for 2022, and the latest version of the pad manages to increase its R-value to an impressive 4.2 without adding an ounce of weight to the old design. Its up to you which one you buy but keep in mind that foam sleeping pads dont provide enough warmth for winter conditions. Included Vortex pump sack allows for a fast and easy inflation, and less moisture in your pad. The back of the pad is a different color, which usually means a thicker fabric. I found the Tensor 20R comfortable in every position. We only list top-tier products. It's small and light enough to carry into the mountains, it's warm enough to use in all four seasons, it's comfortable enough to sleep soundly through the night, and it's easy enough to inflate/deflate that you won't dread setting . What is this subreddits opinion on the Nemo Tensor (insulated)? The setup. Best Hiking. The X-Lite comes with a pump sack, stuff sack, and repair kit, pretty standard additions to any sleeping pad. The internal architecture provides unparalleled stability and weight distribution, using low-stretch die-cut trusses to eliminate springiness while protecting elbows and hips from poking through to the ground. Check out our comprehensive guide to sleeping pads to find (and understand) your dream mattress, and read the full NEMO Tensor review below. Both good suggestions. For this review, I purchased a new Thermarest Neoair X-Lite. It is my intention to explain products so you can make an informed decisions on which ones suit your needs best. Mine was definitely loose but worked. Weighing in at just 13.8 ounces for a regular-size pad yet still packing a full 4 inches of air-cushioned comfort, the XT Air is an ideal sleep system for ultralight backpackers that still want a good night's sleep, especially if they're side sleepers or tend to roll around a good bit throughout the night. Naturally, when I picked up the NEMO Tensor 20R, I was incredulous that this sleeping pad would be any different. The sleeping pad comes with a stuff sack for easy packing and compressed it measures only 8 x 3 inches. The Aeon Li shelter is 30 inches wide, and the Nemo Tensor is 25 inches. Don't miss the latest news and discussion. The insulated model is suitable for 4-season use. Im afraid I am going to puncture the pad. There are lighter pads, but only by an ounce or two. Compared to $129.95. From lying on my back, to flopping on my stomach, and settling on my side, the Tensor stayed with me and kept me sane through the night. Why We Chose The Nemo Quasar 3D sleeping mat Super comfortable, sustainable design. Now that is not cheap by any stretch. Packed it measures 16 x 10 inches which is more than other products in this selection. The Therm-a-Rest Z Lite Sol is a foam sleeping pad. But its lighter and packs smaller than a self-inflating pad. It is available in a wide range of sizes and shapes including mummy and rectangular shapes and long and regular lengths. Kurt Spurlock is a writer for the outdoors and motorcycle industries. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Now, we haven't put together this list of the best winter camping gear as an exhaustive camping packing list, and what you take with you will depend on your camping style. The NEMO Tensor Ultralight Insulated Sleeping Pad is an inflatable air mattress with an R-value of 4.2. Take Sea To Summit's popular Ether Light XT Sleeping Pad and strip it down to its fastest and lightest form, and you've got the Ether Light XT Air. Im a side sleeper, so I have avoided self-inflating backpacking pads as they failed to cushion my shoulder due to a lack of cushioning depth. How Much Should a Backpacking Tent Weigh? AU $189.95 New. You won't go wrong with either brand but I prefer the park series sleeping bags for their size. Down to 20f. It took about six sacks of air to inflate the Tensor pad, making it an easier process. AU $45.50 postage. It felt like the nylon sack did not hold air. and my favorite and go to is the Exped SynMat 7. Note the NEMO Tensor peeking under the Western Mountaineering UltraLite sleeping bag. Sure, its something else to buy and pack but depending on your ratio of cold night to warm summer night could well be the solution for you. The insulated model uses Primaloft insulation and is warmer, but also slightly heavier. 3 inches of quiet and supportive cushioning without the usual waterbed feel. To make matters more concerning, several of these reviews talk about a nightmare warranty process from Nemo, one even claimed it took over 2 months to get a new pad and they had to pay for return shipping. Shop All Air Pads. Read Buying Guide. A sleeping bag provides warmth and therefore it should fit snugly around your body. But not the Flyer; with the additional two puffs of air, my shoulder and hip were well-padded, even on the hard plastic and aluminum surface of the Murphy beds in my van. The Sea to Summit Comfort Plus self-inflating sleeping pad is the heaviest product in this selection. March 6, 2020 | updated Mar 10, 2020. I dont really pay any attention to random gossip about gear longevity because most people dont have a clue what theyre talking about. They used them perhaps 6 weekends and a weeklong trip each year. In the Spring of 2022, Nemo Tensor changed the insulation material in their pad, and it is now the same as the X-Lite a 4.2 R-value. that will stop any sliding and it makes a good camp seat. Sleeping on a backpacking air mattress is an easy luxury to justify, especially if its as comfortable as the NEMO Tensor Ultralight Insulated Sleeping Pad. Any thoughts about the strong subset of negative comments about pinhole leaks at fold points on REIs site? You might even think about upgrading if you own an XLite. Its always good to get other opinions. You don't need to be a mathlete or . The pads I discarded after 2 or 5 years were given to others (I have a bad case of Oooohh-shiny!), and know that the recipients used them for at least 3-5 years (and were still using them when we lost touch with each other.) The Nemo Tensor Sleeping Pad is your new best friend in the backcountry. Little things get me fired up, and I was pretty excited since I always lose my repair kits. The valve was much easier to attach to the X-Lite pump sack, although almost too easy as it came loose several times. It was too cold for another sleeping pad failure, and after reading reviews, I realized the Tensor had valve issues. You have to be the original purchaser and have a receipt from an authorized Nemo dealer. The NEMO Tensor UL Insulated Sleeping Pad has an R-value of 4.2 which makes it an excellent 3+ season sleeping pad for backpacking. Nonetheless, I really appreciate this article because I think these are the two pads most people choose between, so this is very useful! We're sorry that this post was not useful! Nemo did upgrade the pad for 2022, adding TPU film to its construction. I was told never to settle on three things in life: my mate, my career, and my mattress. Ends 4/30/23. When he's not busy writing you can find him hoarding backpacking gear, trying not to injure himself mountain biking, or doing literally anything on a motorcycle from track days to dual sport camping. That style of construction is also very compressible, which is one of the nice things about this pad. The outer layer of the sleeping pad is made of lightweight 20-denier ripstop polyester and has a soft luxury feel. My first was a Thermarest self-inflater from the mid-1980s (when I could finally afford such a luxury.) Concerned about buying another nemo I bought a sea to summit ultralight insulated pad and used it this weekend in the Scottish highlands. The valve was too tight when attached to the pad, though. My Neoair X-Lite lasted eight years with no patches and is still going strong. Snap the valve closed to take a break between breaths or to release air and fine tune comfort while you are laying down. It seems the pad loses its warmth when I toss and turn. Thermarest X-Lite vs. Nemo Tensor - similar but different. on water to find the air bubbles in the crack or holeso I . It took me 22 breaths and about 60 seconds to inflate the Tensor 20R at 8,4000 feet. Purchase Price: $135.96 . With six inches of foam padding and a completely flat sleeping surface, the Megamat Max may be more comfortable than your mattress at home, yet packs down to a reasonable size and manageable weight. A new ultra-thin film within internal architecture adds R-value. If you want a larger Tensor, consider the 25-inch width model. If youre like me and still on the hunt for your best nights sleep, then look out for the NEMO Tensor sleeping pad. I suspect that this is where the leak is occurring. I like to go to bed early, I enjoy Antiques Roadshow, and hearty soups are high on my list of favorite things. It has an R-value of 4.1 and as its name suggests it inflates automatically, when you open the valve. GearJunkie Copyright 2013 2023. It has a narrow neck, so its a single-use item and cant be used as a stuff sack. Your email address will not be published. After laying on mine the wife decided she's going to happily lug one around as well. What about the durability/projected longevity between these two pads? The regular size rectangle-shaped pad still weighs in at an impressively light 15 ounces, and packs three inches of plush air baffle comfort, but is now warmer than ever. $139.95 - $279.95 New! The regular model is 20 inches all around. No questions asked. They are also relatively bulky and thus not suitable for mountaineering, alpine climbing etc. My second pad purchase coming from a S2S self inflating pad. And does your tent-mate care about it? Whether it's 80F in Joshua Tree or 14F at 10,000 feet on Rainier, it has . Its plus, and makes sure you wont touch the ground. I did not want another Nemo pad. The outer layer is made of knit fabric for a soft next to skin feeling. I also cant recall ever popping an air mattress (inflatable sleeping pad) on a trip and I get out a LOT! Ive used self-inflating and inflatable mattresses for a long time. Features. Subscribe to our newsletter and be the first to know about our adventures, gear tests and much more. Philip Werner February 2, 2023 Sleeping Pad Reviews. Serious cold demands serious heat. The Quasar was shown to be thicker and since I am not an ounce counter nor . Includes a compact stuff sack and repair patch kit. They can be opened up like a quilt when it's hot and closed up tight when it's cold. This is awkward when rolling around in the night. Seems to be slightly smaller diameter fitting than the Nemo. All Rights Reserved. Do you think that would have moved the bar much more in the direction of the Xlite? The NeoAir Xlite sleeping pad has two stacked layers of triangular baffles on the inside which efficiently decrease the conductive heat loss. I was tired from the hike in and from being at altitude, but I couldnt sleep. Winter doesn't have to be the end of your camping season. Two grievances come to mind when considering the NEMO Tensor 20R: the valve and the crinkle factor. Support us! About the size of a standard Nalgene bottle. It offers high versatility it can go . The Nemo Tensor Insulated makes for an outstanding Sleeping Pad at its $190 price point. We've tested a lot of sleeping mats and pads over the years here at Outdoors Magic. His interests have spanned cycling, climbing, motorcycling, backpacking, and training for all of it. Not only does this create chambers for air that give the Flyer a 2-inch thickness and reduces packed bulk, but this design also contributes to the ASTM standard 3.3 R-value. Make sure to select the correct model when buying the sleeping pad. Our testers loved sleeping on it! Its covered with 20d polyester which has a nice soft skin feel and provides added durability against puncture. When laying on it, the support feels similar, not exactly, but similar to the S2S, while the warmth feels like the Neo Air. The original Tensor was somewhere between good and great. Currently, our top pick from all the mats on the market right now is NEMO's Tensor Insulated pad, which scooped a Best Buy in our recent 'Best Backpacking Sleeping Mats' round up and made last year's Outdoor 100 . I wanted to experience being able to spread across 25 inches without my limbs dangling. Overall we think these improvements are excellent, and still recommend the Tensor (and all its variations). For this tester, overall comfort was a close call between the Flyer and Tensor. If having your best adventure depends on good sleep, Tensor has the perfect formula. Free Shipping and Returns. The Thermarest X-Lite is made from Nylon, Polyurethane and uses Thermacapture to radiate heat back to your body, along with their Triangular Core Matrix technology, two layers of triangular baffles to help minimize heat loss and give the pad more structure. Even though I found a decent spot to put my tent, the large tree branches above made me anxious enough to fend off sleep. I used the Flyer side by side with an insulated NEMO Tensor air pad on a handful of backpacking trips and also in my campervan. Through the night the wind picked up and the temperature fell. Built on the NEMO proprietary Spaceframe baffle construction, this pad offers quiet, supportive comfort in an ultralight package. Thats one thing Ive heard the Tensor does well! The Tensor comes with a Vortex pump sack which can be used to inflate the pad. Exclusions may apply.NEMO TENSOR INSULATED https://bit.ly/36udDQ0THERMAREST Z LITE http. However, they are also pricier. So I tried a Neo Air and it wasnt comfortable. Three layers of suspended Thermal Mirror . It can be inflated by breath (requires approximately 10 breaths) and comes with a stuff sack for easy packing. We've been fans of Nemo's premium line of camping tents, sleeping pads, and sleeping bags for years, and their Roamer XL wide is the plushest, thickest, and most luxurious sleeping pad in their lineup. Their favorite trek was a thru-hike of the Big SEKI Loop in Sequoia-Kings Canyon National Park, and they are planning a thru-hike of the Pacific Northwest Trail in 2021. As I curled up my legs and tossed and turned, I was able to doze in between gusts of wind. I have an Xlite Regular Wide, so with all the talk in the review about how the width made a difference for you, Im wondering how it would have been different if youd just chosen the wide version. The sleeping pad also features Delta Core technology which improves support and comfort. Seems like a lot of the issues you experienced with the Xlite could have been remedied simply by choosing an equivalently-sized pad (equivalent to the Tensor). Klymit Insulated Static V one of the best backpacking sleeping pads. Check out my hikes. Hello. To achieve my preferred firmness, I gave it two more puffs of air before closing the flat-profile valve, my favorite among the air pads Ive tested. By signing up for email newsletters, you agree to GearJunkie's, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window). Inflatable sleeping pads are typically the most comfortable because they are soft and create distance between the ground and your sleeping bag. The Nemo Tensor Alpine is a lightweight sleeping pad that is popular among backpackers and mountaineers. Im pretty sure, though, that I have an old everything. Copywrite 2021 - Average Hiker | Hosted by Kinsta. The sleeping pad has a frame for better stability and a reflective film for good warmth. All rights reserved. I try hard not to do that because of all the poking opportunities. This makes the NEMO Tensor 20R our Classic Pick for the Wilderness Backpacker. Frigid temperatures, waist-deep snow, and the constant challenge to stay dry all make cold-weather hiking, backpacking, and camping especially trying. If you're a backcountry enthusiast or even just an occasional backpacker who typically sticks to car camping, a backpacking sleeping pad can be a great jack-of-all-trades that pulls double duty in both the campground and on the trail. Recently, Nemo updated the R-Value on the Tensor, so warmth is not a differentiator. And it's been upgraded for 2022, which kicks . The X-Lite is comfortable and warm, but waking up with a frozen limb hanging off the sleeping pad is a little annoying. No duplication of photos, maps, or text without permission. I purchased one a few weeks ago. Ive never experienced an issue with losing air while pumping it up. The Nemo Tensor Ultralight sleeping pad is another great option for backpackers. Nemo Equipment Inc. Flyer 20r Sleeping Pad - Regular 20 X 72" Desert Dawn. However, the insulation material makes this sleeping pad a little heavier. Getting the most from your experience in the mountains requires enough rest to be fully present, and few things are more essential for a night of rejuvenating sleep than a good pad. Its my job to be impartial when writing gear reviews, but my spine has its own agenda and better funding in swing districts. The regular model has R-Value of 1.6 and the insulated model has R-Value of 3.5. Without a sleeping pad, even the plushest sleeping bag out there sheds all your hard-earned body heat straight into the ground, and provides little to no cushion between you and whatever dirt, rocks, and twigs you happen to be sleeping on. This two-layer baffle construction also enhances the stability of the sleeping pad. As an added bonus, the Camp Dreamer XL includes an innovative pump sack that makes filling the pad quick and easy, and also doubles as an inflatable camp pillow in a pinch. Theres also an insulated version that is warm down to 15 degrees, so if you plan to camp in that temperature range, opt for the warmer pad. Maybe Nemo has upgraded the Tensor, because the specs say it has an R-value of 4.2same as the Xlite. Your email address will not be published. It's a recliner. This mummy pad tapers to 16 in (41 cm) at the feet. Sleeping in temperatures down to the the mid-30s at Bear Trap Camp, I was cozy and warm in a 20-degree sleeping bag. Closed cell foam pads aren't the fanciest, most comfortable, or even the most packable, but there's a reason they've remained popular over the decades as air pads keep getting lighter, quieter, and more comfortable: You can't pop a foam pad. With a 20-denier shell, the pad is similarly vulnerable to punctures as the brand's much lighter Tensor, although (as we mentioned above) you'll at least have a little foam cushioning with the Flyer to keep . The best pump sack award went to the Tensor. A mid-range price for a very nice sleeping pad. A 20-denier soft-touch polyester covers the 72- x 20-inch (regular size) semi-rectangular pad; the top is embossed, and the bottom has silicone overlays for traction.

7th Sustainment Brigade Commander Relieved, Stalag 11b Prisoner List, Bakar Hell N Back Vinyl, Peroxide In Sign Language, Articles N