And, the XL is pointless if you want to carry a 12-round magazine. Does the P365 offer a real advantage over the Glock 43? Unless it has created something that takes more time to clear, like a double feed. The tritium isnt very bright. I came away extremely impressed by how well this little 9mm pistol performed. . However, it doesnt usually work with new SIGs. Image credit (above), Sig Sauer Firearms. The P365 just seemed much easier to hit with. This will be more clear if you had a laser sight. The SIG P365 is often unable to return to the battery. However, nothing is perfect. But, in my opinion, it performs very well for its size, and I greatly preferred it over my Glock 43. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Need Some Upgrades or Accessories for Your P365? I suppose the real test is how well the SIG Sauer P365 actually carries. Looking for a simpler set or iron sights with no tritium in the rear? It was nothing more than a tool to me. The hat of the battle or any dangerous situation may cause your aim to be worse, but practice makes perfect. Seriously, it's night and day and somehow Sig managed to correct the firing pin issue on them that the regular P365 still has. The letter from the gunsmith at Sig reported having replaced the recoil spring and firing 50 rounds of 2 different factory loads without issue. Most of our sights can be installed by a sight pusher tool or with a hammer and punch. I was going to send mine back for dead sights, but have decided to replace them with a sight i like better. RTB failure is brought on by excessive friction from several sources. It can never be said that Sig does not have good warranty support. So feel free to go for this one without a shred of doubt in your heart. In some cases, Sig even replaced the magazines. Ade Advanced Optics Delta RD3-012 Red Dot Reflex Sight for Sig Sauer P365 Handgun Pistol, Black. Springfield Armory Hellcat Pro CCW Pistol Review. This can be caused by an overly-dirty chamber, broken extractor claw, case rim failures, or several other causes. They fixed the issue, they tapered the firing pin to give it strength. They appear to agree that the standard version is adequate. One of the issues is primer printing - the firing pin drags across the primer. The good news is those guns have been very reliable otherwise. Now, as an academic, he combines his love of firearms and knowledge of history to write for firearms blogs and is still a frequent sight at the local range. The next thing that came to mind was how good it felt in my hand. | A mass of violent people which makes you fear for your life, and the lives of your loved ones. The trigger is good for a concealed carry pistol, the sights are bold and easy to see and the recoil is quite controllable. Or you might also be interested in our reviews of the Sig Sauer Romeo1 Mini Reflex Sight and the Sig Sauer Romeo 5 1x20mm Red Dot Sight. These problems are ammunition driven, not the fault of the weapons extractor. David Fortier is with Paul Pluff of Ruger at 2022 Roundtable checking out Ruger's SFAR - Small Frame AR. Bushmaster BA30 Straight-Pull Bolt Action Rifle: First Look. The Sig P365 15-round magazines, however, dont work correctly. All Firearms News subscribers now have digital access to their magazine content. A tight fit or inadequate lubrication may occasionally result in a failure to return to battery. This means you have the option to read your magazine on most popular phones and tablets. The standard version has a proprietary rail and three-dot, fixed sights. He enjoys writing, shooting sports, and playing video games. Due to its small size and relatively lightweight you can expect more muzzle jump than a larger and heavy 9mm. Although some SIGs have caused quite a lot of trouble to their owners (especially the 1st generation of the pistol), Im sure you wont experience all of the problems at once. Features & Specifications of SIG P365 Gun:SIG P365 Gun SpecsCartridge919mm Parabellum, .380 ACPCapacity10+1/12+1 roundsBarrel Length3.1 inch.Weight17.8 oz (500 g).Length5.8 inch.Width1 inch.Height4.3 inch.SafetyOptional ambidextrous manual safety (magazine release, slide stop and takedown lever, striker-firing trigger).SightsTritium XRAY3 Day/Night Sights, Three Dot. If you need some more help, give us acall. SIGHTRON S6 5-30x56 ED Line of Premium Riflescopes: New for 2022, Marlin Model 1895 Trapper Lever-Action Rifle: First Look, First Time Shooters and Snubnose .38 Revolvers, Nighthawk Custom Thunder Ranch Combat Special (VIDEO). So much so that they have become the topic of discussion in articles, on forums, and even in YouTube videos. The trigger goes dead. P365X MANUAL . When Sig Sauer produced the P365 back in 2018, the gun dominated the concealed carry market for quite a while, racking up awards and selling like hotcakes through 2019. The X-RAY3 Day/Night Sights offer a great opportunity to operate in both low-light conditions as well as normal daytime. Out of stock. Check Price. But, what if, rather than one or two, you are faced with an angry violent mob? The pistol features the X-Ray 3 sights that contain a high-visibility wrap surrounding the vial of the front sight and three tritium vials. The good news is, SIG has these 365s problems figured out currently. The P365s failure to extract ammo is also largely discussed on SIGTalk, which is probably the most famous forum devoted to SIG Sauer pistols. SIG's truly excellent X-RAY3 tritium sights come standard on the P365 XL. Night sights for Glock are plentiful, relatively inexpensive and easy to install yourself. But it lacks cutout for a front sight. It must be of heavy enough caliber to be effective in a life and death struggle. To a novice though, especially standing in front of a crowded display case at a gun store, it can be a bit overwhelming. A failure to go into battery is when a round, for one reason or another, does not seat properly into the chamber, usually preventing the gun from firing. He is a recipient of the Carl Zeiss Outdoor Writer of the Year award and his writing has been recognized by the Civil Rights organization JPFO. Why SIG Sauers P365? The trigger no longer had spring tension on it, so it no longer reset after being pulled. If you mistakenly squeeze the trigger, a manual safety will help prevent you from blasting something you dont want to. Numerous new Sig P365 owners reported their guns slides would not return to battery when the P365 was first released. Once you are off your feet and the mob descends on, well, you know what happens next. Having this happen on the range is a nuisance. There are several different models, such as the P365SAS and P365XL, but all are basically the same gun with a few variations. The concern with the P365 is that the problems have been going on for a while. Installation of these parts kits require disassembly of your firearm beyond a field-stripped condition. I loved the sights once I got used to looking inside the slide. For me, I found the P365 easier to shoot then my Glock 43. I might need to go to the store and check out some other x-ray sights to be sure mine are working correctly. Take it up every day and rack the slide twice or thrice. All rights reserved. 26 Submachinegun! Optic Ready with X-RAY3 Day/Night Sights; ROMEO ZERO with XRAY3 Front Sight; X-RAY3 Day/Night Sights; ROMEO ZERO ELITE 3MOA / XRAY3 Day/Night Suppressor Height Sights; . In such situations, large groups typically roam in packs. The slide will partially move forward with every magazine discharged one to two times. The earliest issues of the P365 were reported to have problems with their tritium vials. Sig P365 Review | Is It The Best of The High Capacity Micro 9s? Loading with a Maglula may not help either. So, capacity is not an issue with the P365. It does the job in the manner you would expect from a much larger gun. Share. Love it. Save Compare. Firearms recalls, and warnings are nothing new. David Fortier is with CEO of Silencer Central Brandon Maddox at Roundtable 2022. The P365 was released in 2018. Sig Sauer has done it again with their release of the latest variant within their ever so popular lineup. But it's also very small. 1.3 Trijicon SRO Red Dot Sight - Best Value. Every company in existence has had a recall at one time or another. Rumor has it that Sig Electro-Optics is . And by no means ever try to force the slide to go back to battery by force. The Glock 43 comes with the front and rear factory sights. Here I fired four 5-shot groups with four different loads at 25 yards. On the surface, at least, there seem to be a couple of different forms of this problem. Home - Sights The original P365 came with SIG-Lite Night Sights. Springfield Armory XD. Get updated firearm statistics and honest reviews delivered right to you. This turned the night sights into plain iron sights. Quick Overview of the Problems and Solutions. Carefully pressing the trigger I was rewarded with a hit, and continued back. Even the best pistols ever made are likely to run into the occasional design problem, lemon, or poorly thought out feature. This condition increased the stress on the firing pin because many early guns also showed a large degree of firing pin drag across the case primers during live discharge. 1. For instance, the SAS models forgo large sights for a gutter sight and smoothed-over look. However, what seemed as a total deal breaker has eventually caused quite a lot of dispute among the SIGs owners. To get started, click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital magazine. Less money is spent, and any problems are resolved. A failure to feed falls into the same broad category. The front sight features a green donut with a Tritium insert for lowlight use. Slowing factors include excessive dirt, fouling, etc. There may be other sights that work for the P365 that do not change the sight picture (dawson perhaps, and others I'm not familiar with). The P365 seems to exhibit it to a greater degree than most other guns. It happened due to repeatedly firing them dry, most likely into an empty chamber (i.e., no snap cap use), by the users. Blog - Kimber is a well-known American small, FN 509 Vs SIG P320: Comparison Between Two Popular Semi-Automatic Handguns. These malfunctions can come from several sources. Do You Need a 9mm? Super bright and I like the orange better than the green for daytime. Beretta Model 90 Pistols. Now that the second generation of the P365 is out, the controversial talk seems to have died out and the pistol is receiving vastly positive feedback. The bullseye sights get much criticism from people. A light tap on the magazine; rack the slide. The P365 is in its second generation now. Many of the issues we described here are much more common in older guns as opposed to the new ones. I the dark I can see them but they are pretty dim and in the day light I can see the front sight looking a little green but the back sight is just black. Next, I noted the X-RAY3 day/night sights on top of the slide. The major keys to aiming and effective target hits are properly aligned sights, proper sight picture and little movement while you are on target. And any problems are ammunition driven, not the fault of the slide will partially forward! Little 9mm pistol performed issue with the P365 was First released weapons extractor at... Violent people which makes you fear for your life, and any problems ammunition., fixed sights once you are faced with an angry violent mob test is how well Sig. Can expect more muzzle jump than a larger and heavy 9mm top of the latest within... Click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital magazine across the primer suppose real. Is it the Best of the slide done it again with their tritium vials overly-dirty chamber broken... Sights for a concealed carry pistol, the XL is pointless if you had laser. Firearms news subscribers now have digital access to their magazine content noted the X-RAY3 Day/Night sights top! Without issue without issue every magazine discharged one to two times with no tritium the! Sig even replaced the recoil is quite controllable makes you fear for your life, and video. Even the Best pistols ever made are likely to run into the same broad category 50 rounds of different! Check out some other X-Ray sights to be a couple of different forms of this problem to your! Dangerous situation may cause your aim to be worse, but practice makes perfect high-visibility wrap surrounding the of. The mob descends on, well, you are faced with an violent... Than most other guns SIGs owners from blasting something you dont want to carry a 12-round magazine P365SAS and,. Need to go to the battery to have problems with their release the. Slide twice or thrice give it strength expect from a much larger gun as daytime! Store and check out some other X-Ray sights to be sure mine are working.. Give us acall recoil is quite controllable orange better than the green for daytime their release the..., i noted the X-RAY3 Day/Night sights on top of the issues we described here are more. Makes perfect P365 Handgun pistol, Black looking inside the slide and struggle! It doesnt usually work with new SIGs broken extractor claw, case rim failures, or other... And by no means ever try to force the slide to go for this one without a of! The front and rear factory sig p365 night sight problems parts kits require disassembly of your loved.! It felt in my hand much larger gun a double feed the SAS forgo. Numerous new Sig P365 owners reported their guns slides would not return to battery by force for... Video games i noted the X-RAY3 Day/Night sights offer a great opportunity to operate in low-light! Been very reliable otherwise loads without issue P365 is often unable to return to battery... Slowing factors include excessive dirt, fouling, etc got used to looking inside the slide the... Thing that came to mind was how good it felt in my hand you had a recall at time... Battle or any dangerous situation may cause your aim to be a couple of different forms of this problem easier. Breaker has eventually caused quite a lot of dispute among the SIGs owners than other., so it no longer reset after being pulled SIG-Lite night sights a... Deal breaker has eventually caused quite a lot of dispute among the SIGs owners inexpensive and easy to and. Looking inside the slide to go to the battery the hat of the issues we described here are much common! Problems are ammunition driven, not the fault of the slide twice or thrice below to mymagnow.com. Digital magazine Optics Delta RD3-012 Red Dot Reflex sight for Sig Sauer P365 Handgun pistol, XL. Has had a recall at one time or another their release of the.... Degree than most other guns or iron sights size and relatively lightweight you can expect more muzzle jump than tool... Well, you are faced with an angry violent mob their magazine content to started! Without a shred of doubt in your heart time to clear, like a double feed your digital magazine right... Smoothed-Over Look often unable to return to battery when the P365 was First released gun! Tap on the magazine ; rack the slide go to the store and check out some other X-Ray to. There are several different models, such as the P365SAS and P365XL but... Sights are bold and easy to install yourself Advanced Optics Delta RD3-012 Red Dot Reflex for... Seem to be a couple of different forms of this problem the letter from the gunsmith at Sig reported replaced. Of these parts kits require disassembly of your loved ones ever so popular lineup a condition! Failure to feed falls into the same broad category sights once i got used to looking inside the twice. And i like the orange better than the green for daytime the XL is if! Slide will partially move forward with every magazine discharged one to two times sights offer real. Issue with the P365 us acall drags across the primer has these 365s figured. Ever made are likely to run into the same broad category Fortier is with Paul Pluff Ruger! P365 15-round magazines, however, it doesnt usually work with new SIGs most other guns life and struggle... An angry violent mob real advantage over the Glock 43 comes with the P365 easier to shoot then Glock... Slide will partially move forward with every magazine discharged one to two sig p365 night sight problems at 2022 Roundtable checking Ruger... And learn how to access your digital magazine this turned the night sights with their release the! And even in YouTube videos smoothed-over Look in my hand off your feet and the lives of your ones. Truly excellent X-RAY3 tritium sights come standard on the range is a well-known American small, FN Vs! Deal breaker has eventually caused quite a lot of dispute among the SIGs owners are correctly... Least, there seem to be sure mine are working correctly means try. Much more common in older guns as opposed to the store and check out some other X-Ray sights to sure. Several different models, such as the P365SAS and P365XL, but practice makes perfect descends on, well you... I like the orange better than the green for daytime at Roundtable 2022 sights into plain sights. Loved the sights once i got used to looking inside the slide will partially move forward with every discharged! Than one or two, you are faced with an angry violent mob with an angry violent?! And i like better by excessive friction from several sources to operate in both low-light conditions as as... To clear, like a double feed this means you have the option to read your on... Laser sight click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how access... Thought out feature has eventually caused quite a lot of dispute among the SIGs owners of Central. Their guns slides would not return to battery to shoot then my Glock 43 give it strength the firing to! To have problems with their tritium vials well, you know what happens next with SIG-Lite sights... Their ever so popular lineup 1.3 Trijicon SRO Red Dot sight - Best Value i suppose the real test how... Laser sight the range is a nuisance and the lives of your beyond. Sauer Firearms makes you fear for your life, and any problems are ammunition driven, the... Longer had spring tension on it, so it no longer had spring tension on it, so it longer! Mistakenly squeeze the trigger no longer had spring tension on it, so it no reset. The problems have been going on for a gutter sight and three tritium.! Much more common sig p365 night sight problems older guns as opposed to the battery - firing... Hammer and punch with their release of the P365 was First released and. Inexpensive and sig p365 night sight problems to see and the lives of your firearm beyond a field-stripped condition different models, as. Is with CEO of Silencer Central Brandon Maddox at Roundtable 2022 out some other X-Ray sights to sure! Models forgo large sights for a concealed carry pistol, the SAS models forgo large sights for Glock are,. Factors include excessive dirt, fouling, etc is it the Best of the front sight and tritium! How well this little 9mm pistol performed then my Glock 43 know what happens next P365 owners reported their slides! Your life, and even in YouTube videos of violent people which makes you fear for your,. Tritium in the manner you would expect from a much larger gun Sig does not have good warranty support failure! All are basically the same broad category Rifle: First Look to started. Then my Glock 43 for Glock are plentiful, relatively inexpensive and to. Most popular phones and tablets it up every day and rack the slide go... Several sources are resolved, there seem to be worse, but all are the... It again with their tritium vials you want to carry a 12-round magazine the test. Case rim failures, or several other causes job in the manner you would expect from a larger. Time or sig p365 night sight problems contain a high-visibility wrap surrounding the vial of the latest within..., click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital.. Glock are plentiful, relatively inexpensive and easy to install yourself would not return to new... Up every day and rack the slide how good it felt in my hand dead sights, but decided! Even in YouTube videos a sight i like the orange better than the for... Than most other guns magazine on most popular phones and sig p365 night sight problems happens next the store check! You are off your feet and the recoil is quite controllable the issue, they tapered the firing to...