This browser does not support PDFs. PS, washing the engine had nothing to do with . All You Need To Know, How To Get Money For A Junk Car? On 2/14/2021 we had the same thing happening. Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share by Email Question about 2002 Ford F250 Super Duty SuperCab Open Question Posted by Anonymous on Jan 10, 2013 Open Questions: Be the first to answer Comment Flag More Print this page Share this page Add Your Answer Ad 2 Answers Randy Hughes Level 2: So no stereo and no speakers for almost 9 months. Spray WD-40 or a similar lubricant on each hinge and door latch. Be aware that when you disconnect the battery certain saved values such as your trip meter may be cleared. This past weekend smoke was coming from under the hood and the smell of burning transmission fluid. When you press down the brake pedal as the driver, the shaft moves through the booster to push the piston into the master cylinder. Any idea why? ClassAction.org is a group of online professionals (designers, developers and writers) with years of experience in the legal industry. By October 2016, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) database reached 1,500 complaints, prompting the agency to open an investigation. You could call and they should be able to quote price over the phone. It would appear the Door Ajar switch is stuck in the "door open" position. I have to take out my frustration somewhere about my 2013 Lincoln MKX!! Just had it towed to 2013 Lincoln MKX with 91k miles. To notice any issues with your drivetrain and other similar Lincoln MKX problems, there are some signs and symptoms to keep an eye and ear out for. This can happen gradually, meaning that you will find over time it has become harder to push down with the same effect. If that is the case its just going to be part of the larger amount of body work that is needed to get your car safely back on the road. 2007-2014 Edge & MKX Generation I ; 2011 Edge & MKX :Door Ajar" warning on at all times Images. That issue is because a wire from the power steering to the battery is loose. Group . It outlines the steps a service mechanic should go through and how long it should take (under 2 hours on average). The most common root causes of an illuminated Service AdvanceTrac warning light are as follows: See Also: What Does an ESP BAS Warning Light Mean? .I will be uploading a video on YouTube as well to make the Lincoln owner aware of this problem. However, with a bad transmission, the transmission solenoid can prevent the shifting from even happening in the first place. Please make this a recall for your customer safety unless you don't care because I know its an issue with the Ford edge's as well and that's the same thing as a MKX but cheaper just YouTube "ford edge door ajar" and you will find some videos of the problem I am having.I will be uploading a video on YouTube as well to make the Lincoln owner aware of this problem. I had a rattle in the rear seat area of my MKX that was hard to pin point. There may be other codes that your car has stored that do not show up with a basic OBD2 scanner. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is the US agency with the authority to conduct vehicle defect investigations & force recalls. If the cars computer thinks the door is open, it might also: "This is a big safety issue, and if my wife's car door does not stay locked during an accident or because all the dome lights come on when trying to drive at night and causes an accident. Buy Dorman 901-351 Door Ajar Switch Compatible with Select Ford / Lincoln / Mercury Models: Door Jamb . The most common root causes of an illuminated "Service AdvanceTrac" warning light are as follows: Faulty Wheel Speed Sensor. To replace it you will have to remove the door panel, the water barrier etc. Braking systems rely on mechanical leverage to send hydraulic fluid with enough force to push the drum cylinders to both the front and rear wheels. The typical repair cost comes to nearly $1,000 to replace the sensors, reflash the software, or replace the transmission module to fix the transmission failure. 2011 Lincoln Mkx electrical system software recall Lincoln issued a recall (10V659000) NHTSA campaign #11V128000 which required replacement of affected bcms may . Kinnunen says he had it repaired at the dealership, but it started turning on again in 2015 and again in 2016 after being repaired. Dirt, grime, and debris can accumulate inside the engines housing unit, leading to a stop in transferring air and fuel into the engine to power the vehicle. ; if you want to be even safer, you can add some advanced safety features like the adaptive headlights, lane centering and steering When my advance trac warning comes on I lose throttle input from idle or a stop. While it starts intermittently, the door ajar light is coming on and staying on for Ford owners, even when their doors are certainly closed. I took the car to Walmart to get a new tire put on. Finally, if you want to make the most of . Usually, the door ajar light is going to be caused by a bad door jamb switch. I dont know what they did, but the power steering has been working fine for a couple of years now. A vacuum booster uses the vacuum power produced by gasoline and uses it to create a partial vacuum inside the brake booster. System Programming Issues. My question is does he need a scan tool to clear the codes. Browse Categories Answer Questions . My only remaining issues are all the Christmas tree of lights about the brakes. While both are touch-screen, the MKX nav has an incredible number of options and is super-easy to use. My situation is quite dangerous. The failure of the dome lights to extinguish makes it difficult to see the road and other vehicles at night., Whats problematic for consumers, the case alleges, is the supposed defect often pops up after an owner or lessees warranty period has expired, during which it may cost as much as $700 out of pocket to repair a problem [Ford and Lincoln] know will affect many of their customers.. If one isnt registering, thats the problem wheel. After the car cooled, the warning disappeared. No matter how many times I shut the door it would not satisfy the closed sensor condition. While a warning light is annoying, the "door ajar" issue is much deeper that. By Power Door Lock Actuator Assembly for 07-15 Ford Edge Lincoln MKX Rear Left 937-630 72132 Visit the Parts Port Store 24 ratings $3850 Size: Rear Left Front Left Front Right Rear Left Rear Right About this item Compatible to OEM#: 7T4Z7826413C, 8T4Z7826413A, 8T4Z7826413B Compatible to Other Part#: DLA1079 , 937-630, 937630 It looks like you're new here. Ford dealer doesnt know when they can give an appointment. I had mine checked in April when I was not getting water under the car. What do I do. After shutting the door twice the sensor worked properly and hasnt made a peep for about a dozen closures. Hi Sean, Is the Service AdvancedTrc diagnostics and repair normally covered under an extended warranty by Ford? In any event, the system controller has registered a fault, which makes proper operation impossible. I have 2016 F-150 4WD. Its not a big deal to have it on during the day time, but at night it can decrease your visibility, which is not safe. 2008 Lincoln MKX passenger door ajar sensor - Fixya Home Forum Cars & Trucks Ford F-250 2002 Ford F250 Super Duty SuperCab 2008 Lincoln MKX. 3) NOTE: Pull the exterior door handle outward and to the rear to release it from the exterior door handle reinforcement. When picking up car from repair shop the abs light, service advance trac and advance trac off on lights were on. Ford owners the world over have been greeted by a Service AdvanceTrac message at one point or another during daily commutes. Power open the liftgate by using the transmitter, or the instrument panel control button. The biggest concern regarding your safety with the door ajar light on is the dome light. Do you mind reposting those pics? Then my alarm goes off after awhile. Bought the navigation system and really love it. Lastly, suppose your throttle body is damaged or not working at the optimal level. Whenever they do come on, the sound is great but it doesnt stay on long. "In addition to the safety hazards caused by the lights, owners say they have been forced to pay hundreds of dollars to fix problems those owners believe should be fixed under a Ford recall. This is the biggest issue with the 2011 Ford Edge.". I need someone to be honest and repair. that can harm your engine. 07 Lincoln mkx rear hatch light keep saying it is ajar. He discovered that the door ajar light would go off at around 3 ohms. Took it into the dealership and they diagnosed a complete replacement of the powersteering ($2200). The code will still be stored so the mechanic should be able to see what happened even if the light isnt currently displayed on the dash. Replacing a door jamb switch is a very simple repair. In addition, problems with electrical connections in your vehicle can cause a lack of information and data to be sent to the cars internal computer, the engine control unit, and the. Others seem to reset codes + install a new battery to have permanent success. Much of the time the Service AdvanceTrac light is on because of a bad wheel speed sensor or something similar. Install new Connector everythings fixed . i finally got my firewire setup to read the correct code ,which was p0302, which is telling me that spark plug #2 has a misfire problem. The factory service manual should have a detailed description of all the failures that could potentially trigger this warning light. Customer That's your advice?????? Most likely the switch in the door is either corroded or dirty. Had another shop run scan which shows right front sensor bad. How to Reset the Service AdvanceTrac Light. Compromised Steering System Components. Way to go ford! We then thought that the 12-volt battery needed to be replaced. I have a 2011 Lincoln Navigator. Typically it's the sensor in the door latch but a weak battery can cause all sorts of strange electrical problems. A few miles down the road, the tps warning came on. ), Sorry, just seen where you didn't want to go the Ford Edge forum for pics. Did you check the brake fluid reservoir? On May 5th, 2014, Ford released a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) related to the "door ajar" light (NHTSA reference ID 10054930). That was a year ago and problem solved. Made sense so I had it replaced. He states you only need to remove one screw to access the switch with the spray. Read on to learn more about AdvanceTrac, and how to handle any issues with this system as they occur. I'd be deeply appreciative. If you shift the vehicle, a big thud happens and sounds like the transmission is falling out of the vehicle. Lincoln MKX Door Jamb Switch Buy Online. Although these are common and prevalent Lincoln MKX problems, they are not very severe when compared to other categories in the car. Have you checked forums to see if anyone else had this problem? I am driving an E350. can accumulate inside the engines housing unit, leading to a stop in transferring air and fuel into the engine to power the vehicle. Its usually one or two bolts to replace, and theyre cheap. (Incidental, WD40 does not work on the Edge/MKX problem. The power steering may or may not be related. He began his career as an automotive technician at local Toyota dealership and has since transitioned to specializing in diesel trucks and equipment. 2013 Lincoln MKX with 91k miles. I have the same rattle in my Edge. Lincoln owners top concerns regarding the transmission in the 2007 model involve the car slipping when shifting, the transmission failure, the car making chugging noises and sounds, the car hard shifting, and the transmission sensor failing over time. 1) Remove the grommet from the rear of the door. Dealer move it slightly away from the drain.