Wonderful retrohale. My pipe even smells great days later after sitting from smoking this. Fire-cured Cavendish tobaccos discreetly flavored to produce an extremely mild, slow burning cool smoke. It has been my all day for some time now. The room aroma is unmatched. No bite at all & a wonderful "car note" (as I was smoking it while driving and the window was slightly open). Join over 18k members to reviewexclusive content. It smolders really well while when you set your pipe down to cool. Dream Castle Tobacco Company - Super Value Buttered Rum, Alcohol / Liquor, Cocoa / Chocolate, Vanilla, Whisky. Can't imagine choosing BCA over Great Dane. It took me a while to track it back down since none of my local shops sold it and I had not done much online hunting, but once I found it, I ordered a bunch more. I would recommend this aromatic to anyone, but what do I know? 3oz BCA with 1 to 2oz of the flavored tobacco. Very pleasant room note but kinda boring to smoke. Good or bad, I tasted my first pipe in the house. I give this a solid 4 stars. We will deny any order we believe has been placed by a minor. Wonderful aroma, great room note, no bite, no gurgle, no dottle. In closing: BCA is in my humble opinion one of the best aromatic blends ever created. What I didn't expect was the bite free, cool burning, consistent, sweet, simple smoke that Lane BCA provides when smoked on its own. Not my favorite ever as McClellands VBC has tons and tons more flavor with less PG. I was pleasantly surprised with my first bowl of pipe tobacco, which was not BCA. 2nd 3rd of the bowl is much better. YepThis is the one! This is one of the most wretched concoctions to be concieved. One of my favorites! It is guaranteed to please you and the people around you while smoking it. I always got a chemical taste out of 1Q, but that's probably just me. Ive had a tin sitting around for some time. Moisture content is not too wet, about right. has a great room note. Easy to smoke, tasty, relaxing, contemplative, this is the one I choose on those rare occasions when a big in-your-face Balkan just won't cut it. dottiewarden Lifer Mar 25, 2014 3,053 53 Toronto Sep 3, 2016 #2 Haven't smoked either but I hear tell the 7 Seas is some good. I even smelt it as I was leaving their house in the yard 10 minutes later and lingering aroma was amazing. While an exceptional aromatic, it leaves me wanting a little something extra. This so far after smoking several other blends I have found for my Virgin palette, this is to me the easiest smoking pipe tobacco yet. You would be hard pressed to find a smoke shop that doesn't carry this blend. I love this tobacco. First bowl and I can tell this is immediately one of my favourites. If you're smoking around someone, they'll appreciate the room note. My favorite baccy among the Lane Limited line up. As far as the strength goes, it's probably akin to smoking a mild cigarette. A solid 10 out of 10! BCA does not do that. I absolutely love the fact that even up to three hours later, I was still getting a very pleasant room notes and hints of the wonderful fragrance. Well the short smoke on the porch turned into three smokes and 2 cups of hot chocolate before I had to retrieve my princess from the bus and another one of each after she came home. Just good ol' dry cool smoking toasted vanilla. Whiff on opening pouch more tolerable than Sutliff but still a bit unsettling. The flavor to me is not a whole lot. I'm not really that much into aromatics but was surprised by liking this as well as I did. Delicious, cool burning, bite free, good pipe comportment when smoked on its own, fabulous as a blending tobacco. In a positive way. Wonderful for an all day smoke by itself, or for mixing. I understand that is what English blend folks say about all aromatics. The bottom bowl of the pipe was lightly wet when done, but I got no gurgle at all. As others have mentioned, this is a great mixer. When I do this is one of the tobaccos I choose to puff on along with RLP-6 which is another blend from Lane! It adds just a little "something" in smaller proportions, namely a sweetness, and can help mellow out a Latakia-rich blend like a charm. I went from cigarettes to pipe in Jan. Rating: 4 out of 5 poiints in the aromatic category. Will definitely keep this blend on hand. The flavour is somewhat reminiscent of Samuel Gawith's "Firedance Flake" in that I note slightly soapy, fruity, and perhaps some vanilla elements. I have found that I enjoy it in my Meerschaums the most. I have a few dedicated pipes that I smoke aromatics in and this one I smoke in my meerschaum. TobaccoPipes.com I wanted a quick smoke so I had Crapgame Jr run upstairs and find me a small pipe and a tobacco for me to smoke outside before my daughter got off the bus. Highly recommended! Commercially it is sold as Captain Black Royal. I think there are better options to fill this niche in my pantry, for example Missouri Meerschaum's Great Dane. Just ordered another 8 oz. As an English/Balkan hound, I'm not into aromatics at all, so there are only two on the planet that I smoke. I've found dedicating a pipe to this blend (or a pipe to heavier aromatics) works best. Pipe Manufacturer & Retailer Spotlight | I add 1/3 to a good English with a good amount of Latakia. not as smooth as chocolate cream, but simple, nice room note. If you happen to be out in the sunlight, a magnifying glass from a box of Cracker Jacks will save on matches. Yes, its a bit moist. This tobacco is a treat and fun to play with for home blending. Not heavily cased and tastes great.People around love the room note. It's smooth, even burning, and smells great. This blend was developed by Herman Lane, although he hated the stuff to compete with all the aromatics that were hitting the scene in the 60's. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. And, yes it is just Black Cavendish tobacco, a blending tobacco worthy of a bowl all to itself. Purchased From: Williams totally tobacco in N.J. Pipe Manufacturer & Retailer Spotlight | You must log in or register to reply here. I had some H&H left over, so last night a mixed up a bowlful, and WOW!! Lane makes Captain Black. Very black in color, vanilla in flavor, and no matter how hard you try, you can not be bit by this tobacco. I've been smoking this for years. I love this stuff and give it 4 stars because it is just awesome! A very good after dinner tobacco. Based solely of the merits of an aromatic blend & my experience evaluating BCA, I'd feel bad about rating this blend with less than 3 1/2 stars. BCA is like comfort food. But I do like it by itself. In recent years I have taken to mixing three parts BCA to one part McCelland's 5100 to ramp up the vitamin N a bit. The nicotene content is mild at best. a good aromatic that beginners to expirenced smokers will enjoy. Commercially it is sold as Captain Black Royal. It's terrific. I never got tongue bite from this one. Even better, these change as each individual bowl progresses as well. In reality very few shops blended their own tobaccos, maybe a handful in the entire U.S A. actually blended anything that was on their bar. The flavor is very one-dimensional. Always have this on hand. |Pipe Shows, |Pipe & Tobacco Reviews I can puff away at this at night for hours and it just gets better. Not bad but I'm not wild about aromatics, and if i were, it would be molto dolce. This is one of the better all black cavendish blends out there. 3. No wounder it's in the top 10! Looking back 8 plus years, my palette has changed and I usually prefer stronger English or Balkan blends, but I still smoke aromatics occasionally. Enjoy. Burns fine. Of course these are just my opinions after smoking pipes for 30 years; yours may be entirely different. I looked at the actual multi-pound bags, and they do indeed have two different names. Great tobacco for beginners. I feel briars are best for English mixtures and Meerschaums are best suited for aromatics. Lane's 1Q is also a good beginner, though many tend to burn it too hot and not get the flavors it has. My wife likes it. My first taste was of sweet vanilla in a very smooth smoke. The strength is mild, while the taste is just short of the center of mild to medium. I don't normally dry out to tobacco so i didn't this one either. The bar for black cavs has been set by Lane Limited. I could taste vanilla, clove, and even cinnamon! |Privacy Just smoking my second bowl. Id definitely mix with a blend that bites, like a red cherry blendwhich I havent smoked since 1972 BC keeps a lot the humidity so smoking it alone, without drying it a bit before to lit it, was a mistake. So, for anybody that wants to try a really cool aromatic, new smokers, or those that are looking for a change of pace or a great after dinner desert tobacco, I highly recommend this blend. But I don't see BCA being a match for CB Cherry: BCA is all black cavendish and doesn't taste or smell like cherry at all. Fire-cured Cavendish tobaccos discreetly flavored to produce an extremely mild, slow burning cool smoke. I bought the following, listed in order of my preference with the most preferred first. About four months ago, the "vanilla" flavoring just disappeared from the vanilla cavendish blend. The old Black Cavendish Aromatic (BCA)! I gave a friend some RLP - 6 to smoke when his tinderbox equivalent 'chartwell' (I might have remembered that name wrong) ran out. No tongue bite, no gurggle, no gook. I thought Lane 1-Q would be my favorite aromatic, but this blend has surpassed 1-Q. On the whole, this is a terrific tobacco. Ive really been wanting to find an aromatic I could enjoy on occasion but its just not in the cards. This is the finest American black Cavendish and the best blend ever created by lane limited, smoke it as it is or use it for blending, this tobacco works in every single way. This mixture is black as midnight just as the photo shows & the pouch aroma was very pleasing. This blend is just a delicious treat for me. Wasnt too moist, and had minimal relights. I rarely smoke it straight. Lane BCA (1 Ounce) Our Price: $3.53. This is a good blend from Lane. BCA or Bobs Blend is a good smoke. I suggest a small to medium bowl pipe only because it?s moist nature may tend to cause the bottom of a larger bowl pipe to become ?soggy? Blend one-third Lane BCA with two-thirds Lane 1Q, and let it air dry out on a plate for 24 hours. This was my first pipe tobacco. %TSD-Header-###%[**#I W Aw D@ Q 'P|)\'Ej m5m 7 T: 67 Ez i je . Age When Smoked: Right out of the pouch upon receipt. The room note is like warm brownies, fresh from the oven. I found this smoke very hot and quite bitter. It had descent reviews but not for me. So I thought about all the complaints I have heard and read about aromatics being hot smokers and wellthose people have never tried this blend. Featuring a wide range of the best Aromatic, English and Virginia/ Perique blends on the planet, this popular smoke is a must in all specialty tobacco stores. I could really taste the rich flavor of the smoke and it came out in volumes. An aromatic 4 star blend. I mention it a lot. Only Americans would take something as naturally lovely as tobacco and coat it in sweet sticky sh*! BCA is more complex than most cavendishes, and is solid for any aromatic smokers. If I dig too deep, there is a little weird aftertaste that I can't place, something acrid, metallic, but it's more than that. Might have to give it time before I like it. Indeed it's worth its weight in gold. This smokes & tastes better if you do that after you get a good burn rate started. It was a perfect mix. ON SALE FOR ONLY $2.18. I don't smoke aromatics a lot but I do get a sweet tooth from time to time. I used to smoke this in my early days before I knew how to smoke and pack a pipe correctly. Overall this stuff is not too bad, it is not too good either. But it's so subtle. Clearly had been there untouched for 20 years. This paired with a rank old cobb makes for a fine smoke. Tastes the same. Another nice thing is that it requires few re-lights. Beyond the vanilla, there are some other flavors there too that I cant put my finger on. I bought a pound of this without ever having tried it, not from a B&M, nor masquerading under someone else's trademark. Mac Baren: Mixture Scottish Blend. |, We use the SafeSurf Rating System to signify that PipesMagazine.com is for adults only. I could taste roasted marshmallows. This is an easy compromise. i`d be sitting with wilson enjoying the view and smoking this mixture all day long. Perfect for starters. If this isn't it, it's pretty close. For us neophytes on the forum, can you define these blends for us? this is especially true when mixed with Lane 1-Q. It may not be called BCA where you shop, but it is most likely in one of the bulk containers. Savings: $1.35. Until Lane Limited places customer satisfaction back in front of corporate earnings, I'll have to find something else to smoke. On the down-side, the store I went to pretended not to understand what I was talking about when I asked which of their bulk blends was Lane's BCA. also, it burns well, tastes good, and blends nicely with other tobaccos. I mix 1Q & BCA 50/50 and it tastes great, but both are good all by themselves. Years ago I really enjoyed BCA but I just can't enjoy the last batch I purchased. The King of all Black Cavendishes. This is one of my "go to" aromatics when I just can't take another VaPer or English. It pairs amazingly well with tonic water with ice and a slice of lime in it. Like many novice smokers, I started off with aromatics, and to that end, this blend rocks. I think they're made by the same company. This blend is a crowd-pleaser, but don't expect any real tobacco flavor. When I weighed the bags on a postage scale I was relieved that they didn't and saved myself what would have been a very embarrassing phone call. Highly recommended! On the rare occasion where I find myself reaching for this, its usually to mix with a codger like SWR. An all day smoke. A smoker should really have a separate pipe for this - a moisture absorbing meerschaum would be ideal. This could definitely be an all day smoke for those pipers who like aromatic blends. It looks, feels and smells good, easy to pack a pipe. I've found several other aromatics that I like better than BCA in addition. I've heard it's sold often under other names by brick and mortar stores, but I picked mine up online. Toasty black Cavendish? 'Nuff said. I've heard that a 50/50 mix between Lane 1-Q and Lane BCA is pretty good, you could start there and branch out. Pipe News |, |About Lane BCA, in my opinion, is a much smoother and more satisfying smoke than Captain Black Dark. I am in my mid 80's and I want to take a package or 2 with me in case they do not have any good tobacco at my final resting place. Stronger/deeper flavors mainly. It's smooth on the tongue and the Vanilla that Lane uses always has that nutmeg or cinnamon nuance to it that I appreciate. Other then the opening sniff or two, nothing will beat you over the head or antagonize the your significant other if your allowed to puff in your home. Taste is mild to medium and consistent, with notes of toasted bread, wood, mild grass, spices, a caramelized brown sugar background note, and a smooth retro. Your time may vary subject to your local humidity. |Pipe Shows, |Pipe & Tobacco Reviews To sum up. Few relights, but underneath it all is something that for all the world smells like an air freshener. Just don't put this type of tobacco in an expensive pipe! I really enjoy this Tobacco, it's good on it's own, but I.M.O. Lane Limited BC-A --- Good but not quite as flavorful as the Mac Barens or Sutliff Casanova nor as good a room aroma. This was too sweet for me and had somewhat of a chemical taste to it. Although I've smoked a pipe for a number of years I only recently smoked my first bowl of BC-A and all things considered, this is one of the best aromatics I've smoked. Star Rating = 4; It smells fairly nice just won't jump out with aroma. Lots of aromatics lose there flavoring around half way down, due to the casings heating up and running down to the heel of the pipe. What a great taste and the aroma! When I opened the box it was in, I thought they cheated me sense the 1Q was in a in a bigger bag. A blending blend but not a bad smoke on its own. Nice room aroma, light pleasant taste and easy to smoke. As I've stated before, I'm not a big fan of aromatics, I've found so few with any taste over the years, but this one is special. Something like Proper English. I think anyone who likes aromatics should at least try it. No bite, and an aromatic note that gets me compliments from the wife and strangers alike. I love the aroma that this puts off. 9/1/07 I recently have gotten back into smoking pipes and find that this has a very pleasing room note(my wife loves the aroma) and to me a very nice taste to it. As an equal opportunity smoker (aromatics, English, just about anything I can get my hands on) I really enjoy this for a mild aromatic. My local B&M recently added a new blend to their tobacco bar. That 1Q+BCA mix is great! 6 yr. ago https://speak-easy.club/ Most of the flavor comes from a topping/casing. It wasn't long at all before the 3 ounces I purchased was completely gone and I found myself ordering more. Very nice black cavendish. Rather cool smooth smoke. I can't do more than echo what everyone else has said. The vanilla flavor is strong enough but not ridiculous like with some. I do not smoke straight black cavs, but I do use them to blend with other tobaccos in a never-ending search for the perfect vanilla aromatic which is smooth, flavorful, and complex and just because trying to make your own ideal blend is fun! Smooth as silk. The room note is excellent. If I'm just looking for a sweet dependable smoke, I'll grab this! Smokey-sweet notes and rich tobacco undertones combine, leading to a unique taste that's distinctive and highly enjoyable. Overall a very enjoyable smoke, but much milder than the other tobaccos in my cellar. You'll be glad you did. I smoke a hot pipe and this stuff has super flavor and has never bitten me yet. While I tolerate this blend fresh, it's a favorite of mine after the pouch treatment. BCA is certainly more flavorful than 1-Q, but not overly so. Slow burn, cool burn, flavors great, chocolate for me. Because it defies all the naysayers. So far all lane limited have been this great. Brand: Lane Limited Blend: BCA Tobacco Type: Cavendish Blend Type: Aromatic Strength: Light Taste: Mild Room Note: Very Pleasant Flavoring: Vanilla I like to mix X-40 Burley with this. so after trying to find a blend close to my beloved midnight from the tinderboxi find out after reading about this tobacco "it is my beloved midnight from the tinderbox"!. Strength: Room Note: Taste: Add To Cart Quantity: Choose One: 1oz: $3.21 2oz: $6.04 4oz: $11.40 8oz: $21.27 16oz: $40.71 5lbs: $195.18 Top 25 Bulk Tobaccos Buy some and you wont regret it. Once I learned to pack it,and most aromatics, loosly, it has opened up a new dimension for me.I smoke this in my car on the way to work and home and usually in the evenings. I got tired of my mouth feeling like someone farted in it the next morning. As far as smoking, it's damp to wet and will likely need some relights. Flavoring is leading with Cavendish supporting. So i strolled down to Little Anthony's tobacco shop at the heart of Auburn University to give this one a second try. I know what 1Q is. That was a really fun time in my life, so I may be biased toward BCA in the same way as toward an old perfume a whiff of which brings back vivid memories of a teenage romance. My pipe almost feels fridged in my hand when I smoke this tobacco. It smokes cool & mild & after setting your pipe down a good while to cool I picked at it a little and noticed that it was still smoldering. Pull some grass out of your backyard and pour a little (or a lot)of cheap perfume on it, count to 10 and smoke it. This blend is very black in color with just a subtle note of Vanilla in flavor. Experimenting can be a good thing. All black, sticky-sweet Cavendish blends are standards and Lane does a fine job with BCA. Add to Cart. Its a nice cool smoke with an amazing room note that keeps people complimenting! Mellow in . I've smoked this blend off and on for many years. I've Never encountered anything like this in a tobacco before or since. All in all, it isn't a bad smoke. In Stock. Is cheap. |, We use the SafeSurf Rating System to signify that PipesMagazine.com is for adults only. I'd say its a much deeper, "thicker" vanilla. I have also used this to blend with cherry pipe tobacco to cut down on the bite. I do recommend it though to toss a pinch into a latakia blend to add an element of sweet. When I travel, I take a paper bag, the kind you get at the local store when you buy a tall boy of beer, put a handful of this in there, and then sprinkle in some Five Brothers, shake it until well blended, then pour the mix into the travel pouch and roll it up tight. Jet black cavendish that has been pleasing pipers for many moons. I came across some BCA that I had in a Tupperware container from some months ago, and that heavy stickiness had faded. This is a very mild, not heavily cased or goopy aromatic. I enjoy it straight, plus I mix it with some of my try it tobacco. Its a one trick pony. If you like aromatics with a little more kick, put some of that in your pipe & smoke it! Try to mix this 1Q with Captain Black Royal! In the world of aromatics, you will not find a better blend than Lane 1Q+BCA, IMHO. I discovered this while on travel in a mall shop. Notice | Advertising BCA was mentioned a couple times in this thread recently. I give this four stars for what it is.An American Aromatic, heavy on the vanilla, fairly light on the nicotine and a great beginner tobacco. Personally some lane blends with 1Q base I find very nice and VERY much smoother than 1Q and not have that sharp pouch smell that 1Q tends to have as well. I bought 9 different tobaccos on Smokingpipes.com, and I smoked one of them one day at a time. Plenty of rich smoke. The whiskey is sweet, and not a major player by any means. Tasted even better while sipping an amaretto milkshake. It smokes well and cool, and it tastes just right for my palette, slightly sweet and smooth with no bite. It tastes like vanilla and honey to me. CB puts them in to preserve shelf life. This is a classic cased aromatic. If you are just entering the arena of black cavendishes, then start with BCA and branch out from there. Yet, not all black cavendish aromatics appear to be created equally. I'm glad I did as a stand alone tobacco its just awesome. Ashy flavor. Mild and with a wonderful room odor, I highly recommend this blend if your taste in tobacco leans towards aromatics. Being a ex-cig smoker, this baccy's nicotine level is way too low; and I do not enjoy aromatics anymore, but i still recommend this baccy if it suits your tastes. The room note is very mild, my wife wishes that this would be the only tobacco I smoke, and she says it ?smells like baking cookies? I don't think I could smoke this all day, but I wouldn't want to do without it when I'm in the mood for it. I haven't found a better black cavendish, It could be used as an all day smoke it's that smooth and cool, (it would probably eventually get boring though). Babylonia was billed as a balkan with some black cavendish. Very tasty, mellow flavor That's the one to beat. It will leave the pipe dry and clean, and doesn't even build up much cake. I find it also leaves the bowl of my pipe fairly dry. Vanilla flavor, but not too overwhelming, with hints of licorice and chocolate. 2 stars. Ah, BCA. I have had a good bit of this in a ziplock bag for over a year. Is this true? Was it the Wellington?maybe, because I have smoked it in other pipes and I have to relight a couple more times than other aromatics. Slightly sweeter and smoother than 1Q. This is the perfect blend for beggining smokers to start out with and a nice mild smoke for experienced pipers when in the mood for something cool and mild. wellif i were on a desert island like tom hanks in the movie "cast away".screw making a raft! I will add detail later, but this has become the MOST essential tobacco in my collection. The taste is simple but enjoyable without any of that chemical flavor. This is highly recommended for someone who is just being introduced to pipe smoking. Start out with premium aged leaf and flavoring, Aim for a 4 plus rating. With only a hint of vanilla, it is not overly sweet. BAG Save $ 56 02. I let it dry just through opening and closing the tin with use. Flavor = 8; Bag 5 lb. The tobacco was a little hard to light but most black Cavendish tobaccos I've tried a re and really not a huge complaint. this stuff is wonderfull tasting mixed half and half with lancer slices. People love the room note, and the price is a bargain. He never minds being interrupted. The taste I get on the back of the tongue is a hint of dark chocolate. Mac Baren Seven Seas Black --- No bite, good flavor while and after smoking, good room aroma. Highly recommended, especially for the new pipe smoker. I have to say, BCA wins hands down. Great Cavendish I'm more of an English fan but I enjoy this blend so much I've ordered it in bulk before. Ive tried to abuse this tobacco just to prove myself wrong, but you cannot get bitten at all, no matter how you smoke it. Can't add much to what has been said above. Cool and light, very smooth, with hints of sweetness and cocoa. Secondly this stuff is apologetically cased. --Packing and burning: The tobacco is a bit sticky (even when allowed to dry), but that doesn't inhibit the packing much. The smoke was a bit on the hot side, but once I figured out if I smoked it a bit slower than I normally o, it was much better.The room note was real good, even the Mrs. liked it but still won't let me smoke it in the house. Definitely some moisture even from that. This stuff is fantastic to say the least. I could get along happily with BCA alone if I couldn't get any other pipe tobacco, and not feel that I was missing a thing. The lite vanilla casing is never overpowering, and this blend produces less gurgle than most aromatics I've tried. my favorite tobacco shop tobacco world in the flour mill carries this and they label it as dainsh vanilla. The taste it incredible, and smooth. Halfway through the oz I ordered I kinda got bored with it and decided to throw it into my jar of 1Q as many have sug gested on the internet. It was like smoking hot air. If you like aroma tics this is a winner! It does have a light flavor, that reminds me of roasted marshmallows and a wonderful aroma. Never bites, stays lit very well and burns cleanly and never leaves a damp residue. It's cool,sweet,creamy,and vanilla flavored. 50/50 lane 1q and stokeby fire cured. It uses the approach many others seem to use by employing mostly black cavendish, giving you that sweet brown sugar aroma which I like. . Really great taste! It can be smoked by itself, or used as a blending tobacco. I bought 2oz. It's capable of so much more than just an everyday smoke too. The flavor was sweet but it did not burn like many aromatics do. It smokes well, tastes pleasant, and smells very nice indeed. #1 How do the MacBaren 7 Seas line of tobaccos compare with some of the more popular Lane aromatics like 1Q, RLP-6, BCA etc (other than just price)? No goop left in the bowl either as others complained about too. Of course, I can't think of a blend with more additives than this one, and it will goop up your pipe; but, even so, for me, it's the perfect smoke for when I want to switch gears. It looked like the bottom 1/3 of my bowl was coated with roofing tar. I completely misjudged it. About every shop has a big jar of this, so it is readily available and inexpensive. I'll hover between two and three stars on this as well. Lane's BCA is fine when blended with something else, but I would grow tired of it pretty fast just smoking it straight-up (it is very one dimensional). I wouldn't hesitate to go ahead and order a pound of it first try. If I had only 1 tobacco to smoke, BCA would be my choice. The smell of it is delicious, and the room note is so pleasant. To me it's the standard for cavendish, and for aromatics. It is all cavendish from color to cut, a dark black in color. Then, as today, the company specialized in the highest quality pipe tobaccos. It does have some very good qualities though, it smokes very cool, it has a creamy texture and is very easy to get a hold of. But I also taste the chemicals in 1Q, BCA, RLP-6, and can't abide any of them, either. I prefer to smoke this slowly, I find it ends drier and DGT seems to bring a little more flavor out of the leaf. Burn = 8; It's smooth but not very interesting. I am a black cavendish fan and this is surely my favorite! It is a fantastic smoke when your in the mood for something sweet.