I appreciate you for throwing out the olive branch, said Gucci. Gucci Mane Announces New Album 'Ice Daddy' Also debuting a brand new single with BIG30. She certainly didnt need Gucci so why stick by the self-described paranoid mess through his three-year prison sentence? The massive music drop has a runtime of three hours and 51 minutes, making it longer than blockbuster movies like Titanic, Avatar, and Avengers: Endgame. And the most important thing in my life now is my son., Fatherhood has caused him to reflect on his own parents struggles a bit differently. It was a good step forward. His transformation, dubbed the Gucci Mane Glow-Up on social media, was far from superficial. For example, Chris Brown dropped the 45-track effort Heartbreak on a Full Moon in 2017, which another fan referenced in response to the Gucci Mane LP. On a partly cloudy spring morning five years ago, Radric Davis better known as the rap superstar Gucci Mane quietly traded in his navy-blue prison jumpsuit for Ralph Lauren sweats and Nike Air Jordan sneakers. And I wanted to be his purpose., In October 2017, Gucci and Kaoir tied the knot in a $2 million wedding televised on BET (it drew over a, ), and last year they welcomed their newborn son, Ice Davis, two days before Christmas. For the New 1017 signees and proteges of the rapper, it served as a reminder of the type of success they hope to eventually achieve. Baby Racks had his deal rescinded by Gucci. Published: Thursday 29th Apr 2021 by Sam. Gucci Mane delivered a surprise 80-track album called So Icy Boyz: The Finale on Friday (December 9). Titled So Icy . For maybe the first four weeks, [Gucci] put him to sleep every night on his chest by himself, says Kaoir. . The 41-year-old Atlanta trailblazer's innovations to trap music . behind bars. Pooh Shiesty has been the new 1017s biggest streaming success by far: The Memphis rappers debut mixtape, Shiesty Season, debuted at No. It feels good to be appreciated, he said, beaming at the number of plaques. When it comes to the decision-making of his signees, Gucci says he uses his own life as a testimony. The charges were soon dropped due to insufficient evidence. He also shared the albums broad spotlight with the rappers signed to his label, including KATO2x, Li Rye, Mac Critter, Sett, and TLE Cinco. 2023 Billboard Media, LLC. Altogether, the 80-track record clocks in at three hours and 51 minutes. 1017 Signees like Big Scarr, BigWalkDog,. 2021. Being one of the godfathers of trap music, he has broken many barriers and is considered one of the greatest to do it (and rightfully so). A weekly newsletter and updates on new shows. He recently offered to sign former Cash Money Records rapper B.G. , the compilation album he released Friday (Oct. 15) to showcase his newest signees. And those were the words and the conversations and the emails that got him out safe., While the pair now lead a loving relationship, their early days were a different story. 4 on the Billboard 200 upon its February release and has earned 533,000 equivalent album units in the U.S. through May 20, according to MRC Data. I knew I was unique, and I knew I had something to offer that a lot of people didnt, says Gucci today. Gucci, who believes Jeezy orchestrated the attack, later turned himself in for the killing, claiming self-defense. I remember that day so well, says Kaoir today. We want to hear it. The rappers spent the night fluctuating from ice cold glances to firing shots squabbling, lobbing disses, keeping fans on the edge of their seats in hope and fear that tensions would boil over. Street Na Entertainment was too hood that aint gone get me too far, says Gucci. A post shared by Gucci Mane (@laflare1017). I always want my music to talk about what was going on in my life, says Gucci. In the A, in the stu, its me Quavo and Wop, he raps on the song. Whoever knew Id be at the top. So Icy Boyz: The Finale arrives less than two months after Gucci Mane shared So Icy Boyz 22. . Want to know what everyone in the music business is talking about. Manage Settings Kanye West 'Jeen-Yuhs' Filmmakers Sued For Dredging Up Woman's 'Dark Past', Nicki Minaj: Vaccine Bill Named After Rapper Introduced In Congress, Frank Oceans Coachella Shortcomings Blamed On 'Serious' Bike Injury. He didnt grow up with love. Complete discography, ratings, reviews and more. My new album #IceDaddy drop tomorrow night presave now Linkinbio pic.twitter.com/bNhZ0RxtJL. (@RUSHILarora20) December 11, 2022, Today is the day I listen to the 80 track Gucci Mane album!! He had become embroiled in heated lawsuits involving formerly trusted friends and partners and was dropped from Atlantic. Gucci Mane - I Got It (feat. Many of these . His new album, , set for release on Fathers Day, pays homage to his infant son and to his father, who was nicknamed Slim Daddy. I never knew how much attention you got to pay to a baby, he says. Titled So Icy Boyz: The Finale, the mammoth new projectis a 1017 compilation produced by Zaytoven that features an astounding 80 tracks. Success is introducing fans of Gucci to all of The New 1017 artists. Levi's t-shirt, Gucci coat, Daily Paper pants, Christian Louboutin shoes, DITA sunglasses. Gucci Mane has new music on the way and its title is inspired by the recent addition to his family. Takeoff was fatally shot at the beginning of November, aged 28. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. FOOGIANO. Gucci Mane Wants Freedom for Current and Former 1017 Artist. REVOLT Premiere: Gucci Mane returns with "06 Gucci" video featuring 21 Savage and DaBaby, Gucci Mane and Keyshia Ka'oir announce the birth of their baby girl, Gucci Mane and Kodak Black reunite for "King Snipe", Big Scarr's dad confirms Gucci Mane's financial contribution to his son's funeral, Gucci Mane demands investigation into Pooh Shiesty's treatment in prison, Gucci Mane stuns fans after dropping 'So Icy Boyz: The Finale' with 80 tracks, Gucci Mane offers B.G. He is calmer and more trusting, free of the grip his vices once held. Hes a great dad.. Adrienne Landau coat, Frame denim, Giuseppe Zanotti shoes, A-Morir sunglasses. Gucci wasnt feeling Baby Racks commentary and announced that he dropped the up-and-coming rapper from his imprint. Between the release and the holiday, it serves as a fitting occasion for the Atlanta rapper and his newborn son, Ice. Like Guccis own come-up, the rise of 1017 hasnt been entirely smooth. Gucci Mane Makes 'Shit Crazy' With Big30 in His New Music Video The first single off Gucci's newly announced upcoming album Ice Daddy. Gucci Mane Release the Tracklist for New Album 'Ice Daddy' Shawn Grant June 16, 2021 Gucci Mane is ready to show that he is the "Ice Daddy" and has revealed the tracklist for his new. $1 million record deal upon his release from prison, Gucci Mane pays tribute in new "Letter To Takeoff" video, Gucci Mane signs and drops Baby Racks in one day after insensitive tweet about Takeoff's shooting, Studio Sessions | Yummy Pearl's first collab after prison was with Gucci Mane, Gucci Mane and Finesse2Tymes connect for "Gucci Flow" visual, Gucci Mane joins Enchanting in "Issa Photoshoot" visual, Gucci Mane joins Kay Flock on "Geeked Up", 7 REVOLT Summit attendees reveal their favorite parts of the event, Gucci Mane admits he didnt plan on saying Pookie diss during Verzuz, regrets it, 2022 REVOLT Summit: Gucci Mane, Te'a Cooper and more incredible moments from day 2, Amber Riley on her "Glee" fame, growing up in Compton & dealing with anxiety | 'The Jason Lee Show', Funny Marco on his viral pranks, Kansas City & interviewing Boosie Badazz | 'Big Facts', Blueface & Chrisean Rock talk arrests, threesomes & marriage | 'The Jason Lee Show', Skye Townsend and the ascent of Black lady comedians. He aint just YouTube surfing. The whole situation was out of character for me, he writes. I never got into music thinking, Im going to be this rapper and just chase this solo career. It was like, Lets all put our heads together to help [each other]. It takes a village to do anything. The project features New 1017 signees Pooh Shiesty, Foogiano, BigWalkDog, Enchanting, Big Scarr, Hotboy Wes and BiC Fizzle, in addition to verses from Lil Baby, Quavo and Bankroll Freddie. During the dinner, Fizzle told, hes finishing out his senior year of high school virtually after his teachers found his presence to be a distraction. His colleagues and loved ones say hes beyond punctual, often showing up to events, calls and photo shoots early (he arrived at his Billboard shoot 45 minutes beforehand), and spends his spare time outside of work with his son and wife. Alongside Curren$y, Guwop is without a doubt the most consistent rapper the world will ever see based off of his mixtape catalog alone. I want to make my artists a part of everything I do, says Gucci. 2023 Rolling Stone, LLC. While in prison he wrote. In the nights most jaw-dropping moment, Gucci boasted about killing Jeezys friend, Pookie Loc, during a 2005 attack on Gucci at the apartment of a friend. Not mutlitasking. Among the massive tracklist is a tribute to late Migos rapper Takeoff, who was fatally shot last month. Hes really crafty. He comes where youre at. Listen to 2 Reasons (feat. He held my hand, he opened the car door. As . It's Gucci! I had nothing but raggedy 20s. The rest was history. Were trying to build a dynasty for him, a real legacy of artists., Cootie, Bic Fizzle, BigWalkDog, Gucci Mane, Enchanting, Big Scarr, Hotboy Wes, Visit Billboard Pro for music business news, Jozzys Love Songs: How the Acclaimed Songwriter Kickstarted Her Solo Career With Help FromDiddy, Young Thug Denied Bond In Atlanta RICO Case Over Fears of WitnessIntimidation, Gunna Denied Jail Release In Atlanta RICO Case AgainstYSL. Bust Down Gucci Mane: 16. Thats why Atlantic chairwoman/COO Julie Greenwald surprised the rapper by presenting him with 18 plaques for various hit singles and albums in the middle of the three-course dinner. Me and him had a son right around the same time. During his appearance on Amazon Music Live, A$AP Rocky debuted Same Problems from his upcoming album, Dont Be Dumb. Im definitely still a work in progress, he admits in his Alabama drawl. With his newly appointed label The New 1017 Records on the rise, Gucci has taken this opportunity to shine some light on his artists. About 20 minutes longer than The Titanic.. A weekly newsletter and updates on new shows. After his latest prison release, Gucci created 1017 Eskimo, in partnership with Alamo Records/Universal, but after a few years, decided to go all in with Atlantic Records. Aint no scarr Im not fw it, wrote another. ENCHANTING. Within the first seven months of being signed, hes appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live! That na comes from the same environment we come from.. It has been tough seeing him go through that, especially with him having a little boy. Believing that B.G. 2021. Glad u home bruh! He had undergone a deep mental transformation, too the Lemonade rapper embodying the idea of turning lemons into just that. During Guccis time behind bars, Moscowitz remembers the two communicating through the prison email server, Corrlinks. He mentored Metro Boomin; made a mixtape with Future, four years prior to. People began saying, Im Guwop down, because they have on a Gucci outfit, says Diop. He can only be found on Instagram and Twitter at @shawnxgrant. They Took a Third Date to Costa Rica. Earned It. Its a great thing and I love it, but its definitely challenging to be a parent., Much as his own father inspired him, Gucci hopes to build something for Ice. You need that community., Gucci has been creating connections in the Atlanta rap scene since his teenage years. I do want to be their role model., As live events slowly return, Gucci himself still plans to tour but has significantly slowed his musical output, opting to drop compilations and mixtapes dedicated to each of his signees instead of a slew of solo projects. As Takeoff fans know, police arrested Patrick Xavier Clark in connection with the stars fatal shooting. One change: How about we do the 10-year plan and make, the money? It turned out to be a pretty good plan.. Ah, Gucci an equally notorious and beloved figure in the rap game, albeit more notorious as of late. This time, Im not going to prison. Wanna sign u to 1017!!!!! He graduated high school with a 3.0 GPA, and as a teenager dreamed of discovering the next Kriss Kross. 13 on the Hot 100 chart. ! wrote one commenter. Since 2005, Gucci has been the steward of his own imprint, which began as La Flare Entertainment, in partnership with Big Cat Records, the label that released his debut album. Where tf Shiesty at?? From the tone of his voice, his sympathy is clear. REVOLT Premiere: Gucci Mane returns with "06 Gucci" video featuring 21 Savage and DaBaby, Gucci Mane and Keyshia Ka'oir announce the birth of their baby girl, Gucci Mane and Kodak Black reunite for "King Snipe", Big Scarr's dad confirms Gucci Mane's financial contribution to his son's funeral, Gucci Mane demands investigation into Pooh Shiesty's treatment in prison, Gucci Mane offers B.G. During the fourth grade, he moved to Atlanta with his single mother. Free Pooh and Foo.. Send us a tip using our anonymous form. Gucci not only transformed his appearance and musical branding to unrecognizable heights he simultaneously rebuilt his record label, 1017 Global Records, from the ground up. He had fresh new hundreds so thick, says Shiesty. Project Pat) Gucci Mane: 12. Gucci recalls connecting a young, wide-eyed Nicki Minaj with DJ Holiday and the Trapaholics, who hosted her groundbreaking mixtape, . I got another opportunity to do it again, he continues. My outfit cost 10 bands look at my opponent, man, said Gucci, pointing to Jeezy. On it, he raps, How the f**k we gon lose Takeoff?/ D**n, he didnt deserve it/ We dont supposed to question God, but d**n, Takeoff was perfect. He also mentions other hip hop artists who have passed. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. 2023 Billboard Media, LLC. Long before the more-is-more streaming ecosystem developed, the release strategy grew his fan base exponentially and was soon adopted by many up-and-coming trap artists. by Rashad Grove. Looking back at it, it was tense but it was real, Gucci says now. Gucci Mane) 2020 Artist Playlists Gucci Mane Essentials A true trap Superman. Gucci Mane has dropped the last instalment of his Icy Boyz projects, So Icy Boyz: The Finale, which stands at a monumental 80 tracks long. I listened to the entire @gucci1017 album in one sitting. #1017Mafia.. Weve obviously had the success of Pooh [Shiesty] and Foo[giano]. Gucci Mane delivered a surprise 80-track album called So Icy Boyz: The Finale on Friday (December 9). So Icy Christmas is a compilation album by Atlanta rapper Gucci Mane, released on December 17, 2021. Most reviewed artists! He spent six weeks atop the Billboard Hot 100 as the featured act on Rae Sremmurds 2016 smash Black Beatles and was nominated for his first Grammy alongside Lizzo for Exactly How I Feel. He has released 14 projects in five years, including his first post-prison album, , which became his highest-charting, reaching No.