The factory cooler of your 2016 Chevy Silverado 1500 does not have a thermostat to keep the fluid at 190 degrees. # mpn4981320787. Doing your own repair means the total repair cost is only the sum of the new AC condenser and refrigerant. Custom, Best Transmission Cooler for a 2018 Chevy Silverado 4.3L V6, Recommended Transmmission Cooler for 2018 Chevy Silverado 1500 with 5.3L V8, Is Derale Hyper-Cool Remote Cooler Assembly w/ Fans # D13740 a Good Choice for 2019 Chevy Silverado, Class IV Transmission Cooler for 2018 Chevy Silverado 1500 with 4.3L V6 Engine, Does Derale Transmission Cooler D13504 Fit 2018 Chevy Silverado 1500, How to Determine Send and Receive Lines to Install Derale Cooler on 2018 Chevy Silverado 1500, Adding Transmission Fluid After Installing Derale Transmission Cooler in 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500, Fit of Derale D13504 Transmission Cooler on 2017 Chevy Tahoe, Adapter Needed To Install Derale Transmission Cooler On 2016 Chevy Silverado 5.3, Can a Supplemental Transmission Cooler be Installed on a 2016 Chevy Silverado 1500 4.3L, Transmission Cooler Fit For 2016 Chevy Silverado 1500, Transmission Cooler Recommendation for a 2016 Chevy Silverado 1500 with 5.3 Liter, Transmission Cooler for 2016 Chevy Silverado 1500 with 5.3 liter Engine, Transmission Cooler with Fan Recommendation for 2016 Chevy Silverado 1500, Recommended Transmission Cooler for 2016 Chevy Silverado 1500, Is a Special Fitting Needed to Install Derale Transmission Cooler in 2016 Chevy Silverado 1500 4.3L, Would Derale Transmission Cooler part # C13504 Fit a 2016 Chevy Silverado 1500, Transmission Cooler Recommendation for 2016 Chevy Silverado 1500 with 5.3 liter Engine, Transmission Cooler for a 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 with 6.2 Liter Motor, How To Determine What Transmission Cooler Class to Choose, Silverado 1500 Transmission and Engine Cooler, Silverado 1500 With 11/32 Inch Hose Barb Inlets, Silverado 1500 With 3/8 Inch Hose Barb Inlets. I made a diagram of the GM factory transmission fluid thermostat in bypass and cooling mode. So if you're install it in large vehicle need to get extra hose ,extra clams and tie wraps. Once again order another of these coolers. clearance. Transmission temps remained good after many round trips. I have a level 5 65E, yank 2600 stall and pulling my trailer in 99* heat Ive never seen above 155*s. I know the subject has been covered dozens of times, but just thought I'd share my install experience yesterday, might make it an even easier install for lots of guys? Drop my temp from 240 to 170-190 also remember to order extra hose, the adapter if needed for your vehicle make, mount kits. Ford Powerstroke Performance Packages; Dodge Cummins Performance Packages; . Keep it Professional Grade. Temps were in the mid-upper 80*f range, all highway driving along mostly flat roads. The clamps it ships with are a gigantic transmission hazzard had a clamp split right down the middle on me in my drive way thankfully. Max-Flow Arctic Allison Transmission Cooler, 2001-2005 GM 6.6L Duramax. After I barely bust 160 in Texas heat", "Installed on my 2004 Silverado SS. Derale Series 8000 Plate-Fin Transmission Cooler Kit w/Barb Inlets - Class IV - Efficient. This cooler is widely used on a number of trucks and SUVs, and is very commonly installed on Silverados and Sierras making it a great upgrade over your stock cooler. Can't say anything bad about the unit. good product form a great company ! Between the addition of the Mishimoto MMTC-K2-14 and the valve bypass, you can expect significant drops in transmission temperatures. Also transmission cools substantially faster than before. Derale Series 8000 Plate-Fin Transmission Cooler Kit w/Barb Inlets - Class II - Efficient. As with all vehicles, cooler transmission temps are always preferred. Installed it the next day. Very easy to install on our Chevy pickup. Transmission cooler was a little larger than I needed I should've gone with a smaller one .had trouble fitting it in the suburban but we modify The suburban made it work. Derale Dyno-Cool Tube-Fin Transmission Cooler Kit - Class III - Economy. Highest TFT was at 180F. Without a video for my 2014 explorer and with limited written instructions I chose to find a repair shop that would do the installation. I just received the Derale D13403 transmission, I hooked this up myself. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. When it comes to installing a transmission cooler on your Silverado or Sierra, the process is fairly straight forward. It is highly regarded for its supreme durability. Have not towed with it installed yet. 2007.5-2010 LMM: Aftermarket Transmission Cooler Lines. Replacing the Thermal Bypass Valve (thermostat) on GM 6L80 Transmission referencing TSB 21-NA-199. Transmission Cooler Lines The Complete Guide, General Motors Genuine Parts 20880895 Automatic Transmission Auxiliary Fluid Cooler, Sierra or Silverados transmission cooler lines, Chevrolet Trailblazer Transmission Cooler Lines, Chevrolet Tahoe Transmission Cooler Lines, Chevrolet Suburban Transmission Cooler Lines, Helps maintain proper transmission operating temperatures, GM-recommended replacement part for your GM vehicles original factory component, Offering the quality, reliability, and durability of GM OE, Manufactured to GM OE specification for fit, form, and function. Its been almost a year since I installed this transmission cooler. Derale Hyper-Cool Remote Transmission Cooler Kit w/ Fan, -6 AN Inlets - Class V. Awesome remote transmission oil cooler. Derale Series 8000 Plate-Fin Transmission Cooler Kit w/Barb Inlets - Class III - Efficient. One area that is simple to upgrade is with transmission cooling. This adapter allows you to easily connect the radiator to the transmission cooler. Trans fluid is kept from dropping in temp by the engine coolant which will actually put heat into the trans coolant if the engine coolant is warmer. Installed the on off switch on out side of transmission and the fan works great! It has lowered my transmission temperature 30 plus degrees. Trust our certified repair network to fix this. The technician actually read and considered what I was saying, instead of just assuming the instructions applied to my vehicle. The video below shows how simple it is to install a Tru Cool 40k on your truck. Upgraded to a built transmission and as it seems ill need a lot more cooling capacity. A variety of transmission cooler upgrade options is available for the Silverado and Sierra. The Allison transmission cooler lines fix the old leaky transmission lines in your 2006-2010 GM 6.6L Duramax LBZ & LMM. Works great! I did not use the ties.I found a nice spot behind the grill of my Tocoma.. This is especially helpful when towing so I do recommend a supplemental cooler for your 2015 Chevy Silverado 1500 with the 6.2 liter motor. While I had not problem with needing to purchase a small amount of hose, the package indicated that it was to be 5/16" ID. I just received the Derale D13403 transmission. Fitting Size: 3/8 inverted flare hex with 5/8 thread size This is great for those looking to install custom transmission lines, Installation Kit: Yes Includes universal installation kit with rubber transmission line, various fittings, clamps, and mounting hardware. Whether your 2014-2018 Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra 1500 V8 is a dedicated tow vehicle, hardworking fleet truck, or a daily driver, you need to ensure that your transmission runs cool. Designed for 1999-2007 GM Trucks (Silverado/Sierra/SUV), this kit allows bolt-on installation of the Tru-Cool 40K Transmission Cooler (LPD47391). $127 USD FLO~PRO Vented Turn Out Tip 304 Polished Stainless 17-20 GM 6.6L Duramax L5P Diesel Power Products 5 $18 USD PPE L5P Turbo Resonator Delete Plug Xtreme Diesel Performance 1 $495 USD Banks Ram-Air<sup></sup> Banks 3 $280 USD Direct replacement Designed with the latest software and manufactured with modern tooling. Well, my buddy and i finally got around to installing the Tru-Cool trans cooler tonight. No rust or corrosion so far. OE quality at an affordable price Direct replacement. Installed the on off switch on out side of transmission and the fan works great! Transmission definitely cooler operation since the install. Sherman carries a great selection of replacement parts built with quality that meets or exceeds OE requirements. Because of the overall size of this cooler, you will need to pick up an additional quart of Dex VI to compensate for the additional 0.65 quarts of fluid capacity and to replace any fluid that may have leaked out during installation from the factory transmission cooler lines. and installing a transmission cooler on your truck is very simple for the average DIY enthusiast in your driveway in only a few hours. Since the B&M 70274 uses 1/2 NPT fittings, you will need to get the appropriate fittings to run the lines of your choosing. We didn't like the plastic mounting hardware to piggyback it onto your existing radiator so we used thick zip ties to mount it to the radiator frame. Hardest issue is where to mount. We get to know our products firsthand so experts can better help you. I was able to mount it but never able to actually install it and hook it up completely. The install was easy. I would have had to drive all over town to find these items, but didn't have to leave home!". The right piece , directly in my mail box ! Didn't realise it's for oil and transmition. Complete kit had everything I needed to get it done! I don't want to risk it with 35's in the dunes when it's 90* out haha. Derale Combination Transmission and Engine Oil Cooler with Multiple Threads, Package was delivered on time. Put the lower brackets back on the lower cross bar and go ahead and loosely mount the cooler to them. Derale Transmission Coolers - 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 4.3L V6 Engine 757 reviews Code: D13501 Retail: $65.36 Our Price: $53.83 You Save: 18% In Stock Transmission Coolers Specs: Plate-Fin Cooler With 11/32 Inch Hose Barb Inlets Small SUV 11W x 5-3/4T x 7/8D Inch Standard Mount Required Transmission Adapter Fitting: A supplemental cooler can decrease the temperature significantly due to more airflow to the fluid and more capacity (fluid) in the system. There was a significant drop in transmission temperature after replacing the stock cooler with your product when pulling our camper. They are highly dependable, easy and cost effective to maintain, and have plenty of aftermarket support for upgrading and improving factory parts. If you do, like I did, you will have to replace it. I mounted it horizontal and put the inlet flow on the bottom to assure that any air gets purged. Rated at well beyond transmission operating pressures, these lines are absolutely the safest way to plumb an aftermarket transmission cooler. There is no thermal exchange between the trans fluid and the engine coolant. Because this cooler is so large and provides extremely efficient cooling capabilities, you can use this as a standalone trans cooler if you so choose. Derale Series 9000 Plate-Fin Transmission Cooler Kit w/ NPT Inlets - Class I -Extra Efficient. Making for a much safer less stressful experience while towing. The DmaxStore Arctic High Flow Allison Transmission Cooler is purpose built to keep your stock or built transmission running cooler than before, with 15 more rows than the stock cooler your transmission will stay cool. All content contained on this website is protected by intellectual property copyright law and is intended for the sole use of Glenn's Auto Performance. It went without a hitch!). Created to make sure you have all the answers to your questions, from real experts. The cooler comes with a complete installation kit that is specifically designed for your truck. Produced to make sure you know what you are getting and you get exactly what you need. Its worth its weight in gold. Only did the oil. I have ordered from etrailer before and will continue to use them as my needs arise.. Derale Combination Transmission and Engine Oil Cooler with Multiple Threads, Package was delivered on time. Whether you drive your truck daily to work, use it to tow haul from time to time, or need to drive your crew to job sites, it is always recommended to install a transmission cooler to lower transmission fluid temperatures and prolong the life of your Silverado or Sierras transmission and keep you on the road. This size just barely fits on the passenger side of the radiator - there is a central, vertical support bar behind the grill that prevents a wider cooler from fitting. Mishimoto Universal Transmission Fluid Cooler; 12-Inch x 7.50-Inch x .75-Inch (Universal; Some Adaptation May Be Required) $ 65.95 Power Steering Oil Cooler (11-13 6.0L Silverado 1500) $ 134.99 Mishimoto Universal 19-Row Oil Cooler; White (Universal; Some Adaptation May Be Required) $ 192.95 Mishimoto Universal 25-Row Dual Pass Oil Cooler This adapter allows you to easily connect the radiator to the transmission cooler. Mishimoto Automotive (Mishimoto) warrants its products under this lifetime limited warranty policy (Warranty Policy). The general rule is to keep the transmission fluid at or below 200 degrees Fahrenheit. Perfect this one is on a 07 GMC Yukon XL always add an extra cooler on your 1500 gmc or chevys they help out so much for them. Derale Series 7000 Tube-Fin Transmission Cooler Kit w/ Hose Barb Inlets - Class IV - Standard. It cost me $360 to have the dual cooler installed. Excellent product by Derale and service by etrailer.com. No leaks so far. While this is on the higher side, these trucks are equipped with a 6l80e transmission that relies on Dexron 6 (Dex VI) for its transmission fluid. Also, required the purchase of a knurled ended 5/16" hose connection and on qt. As you can tell, the factory cooler is not that big. The Warranty is Limited to one (1) year from the date of sale and limited solely to the parts contained within the product's kit. 2 attached images are just before finishing, bumper hasnt been attached yet, one of them is after everything was complete. no dig deal as I was able to assemble it anyways and got it up and running great and both the radiator and trans are running much cooler now ! Yes, all Sierras and Silverados do have a transmission cooler, and depending on the years, there can be an external cooler in addition to the factory cooler within the radiator. I recommend the Derale Dyno-Cool Tube-Fin Transmission Cooler Kit - Class III - Economy # D12903 to assist in cooling your transmission to keep your truck functioning well. This is also true with improving the transmission cooling capabilities on your truck. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. Install was easy", "Before I installed this cooler I was seeing 200+ trans temps. Leaking transmission cooler lines are common on all Allison-equipped '01-'10 GM HDs. Note how you simply remove the short hose shown in the first pic, and connect the hoses from the transmission cooler! Did you already have a factory tranny cooler on yours? We happen to know your 2016 Chevy Silverado does match the above mentioned criteria. Maybe if you used a lot of extra hose for some reason the system may not have the pressure to circulate the fluid properly but I have never heard of that happening. My trans temp always hung around 195 also but on some steep hills it would also climb up in temp or on long hauls on a hot day. Your transmission will be put through quite a bit of stress with that heavy of a trailer in the mountains. As mentioned in many other on-line reviews, there was not enough hose supplied with the unit. All lines, brackets, clamps and fittings are designed to work with your 14+ truck and make install a breeze. This kit has been designed to simplify the installation of these coolers, while providing a great looking, lightweight, and extremely durable design. To remove the cooler slide back the plastic retainers on the 2 lines, they just snap in place. "Thanks for the fast service and great technical service. One of the best parts about having an external cooler from the factory is that you are easily able to upgrade to a more effective cooler since the transmission lines are already run to the front of the truck for an external cooler. Could only mount with fittings to left ,fluid leaves radiator , enters cooler @ top ( to reduce pump load ), comes out of bottom & returns to tranny. Only took off a star because of the plastic ties. We have been very happy with the performance of the transmission cooler. However I might loop into the other side for a trany and use the whole radiator. Fortunately, we've got fluid coolers for just about any auto-related. Assisting our neighbors and customers, face to face at the counter. I placed my order on a Saturday afternoon and received confirmation of shipment later the same day. Excellent product by Derale and service by etrailer.com. Most GM trucks have braces that are behind the grille which make for fantastic mounting points, and we highly recommend using these support bars to place your cooler. There was a question during installation that arose from my particular model of car having a Transmission Fluid Warmer that in effect made identification of the transmission outlet and inlet reversed according to the instructions. With stock cooler trans was up to 210, now I barely see 150! Remote Transmission Cooler for a 2011 Chevy Silverado with 5.3 Liter Engine. Transmissions should operate at right around 200 degrees ideally. Drop my temp from 240 to 170-190 also remember to order extra hose, the adapter if needed for your vehicle make, mount kits. Fits all 2014-2018 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra 1500 V8 Stacked-plate construction for maximum durability and superior cooling Adds an extra 0.65 quarts of transmission fluid and over 3,000 square-inches of cooling surface area Included thermal bypass valve delete allows fluid flow to the cooler at all times for vehicles in hot climates We are now able to climb steep grades without overheating the transmission. And today, we're taking a look and installing the Derale Dyno-Cool Class III transmission cooler on a 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. You will want to go with the biggest transmission cooler you can fit in front of the radiator of your 2016 Chevy Silverado 1500. Because of this, the Tru Cool 40k is the best transmission cooler upgrade for your 1500 or 2500hd (6.0 or 6.2 gas engine) Silverado or Sierra. ", "Did a long tow 65 mph up and transmission temps never hit 205 degrees in my 2016 Silverado 5.3", "Perfect fit, no little parts needed, very well designed, saw an immediate drop in trans temps", "Reduced peak temps by 30 degrees in traffic and 40 degrees while driving. Im just glad I wasnt too much in a hurry to cool my dads transmission for his road trip. Transmission Cooler, fits Chevrolet Silverado 1500 V8 2014-2018 . To make sure products work and fit the way they are supposed to. It works well. This cooler will do a great job of keeping your transmission from getting hot when pulling a trailer with your Silverado or just daily driving. There's no greater enemy for a transmission than heat. Fabricated mounts and bolted on , used double flare connection to cooling line w/ barbed fitting ; barbed fitting @ radiator fitting. Yes, the Derale Transmission Cooler part # D13504 would fit your 2016 Chevy Silverado with a 5.3 liter engine. The terms and conditions of this Warranty Policy are subject to change by Mishimoto at any time without notice. A Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Trans Oil Cooler Line Replacement costs between $309 and $347 on average. What this means is that the engine's coolant thermostat is indirectly acting as a thermostat for your transmission fluid. Transmission Coolers: Transmission coolers have been part of the original equipment for the Silverado since the beginning. Since your 2018 Chevy Silverado has the smallest engine of that model year, I recommend the Derale Dyno-Cool Tube-Fin Transmission Cooler Kit item # D12903. The hardest part about the installation (if you are using factory lines) is adding new fittings to the existing lines so that the factory lines can be used. ACDelco Genuine GM Parts Automatic Transmission Oil Cooler Line. For my application, I would have preferred built-in 3/8" hose barb inlets instead of the 1/2" NPT fittings. Chevy Silverado Transmission Oil Cooler Line Repair DIY from www.pinterest.com.au. Below is the factory cooler that comes standard on many older Silverados and Sierras. 2015+ Cadillac Escalade 6.2L V82015+ Cadillac Escalade 6.2L V82014+ Chevrolet Silverado 1500 5.3L V82014+ Chevrolet Silverado 1500 6.2L V82015+ Chevrolet Suburban 5.3L V82015+ Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3L V82014+ GMC Sierra 1500 5.3L V82014+ GMC Sierra 1500 6.2L V82015+ GMC Yukon 5.3L V82015+ GMC Yukon 6.2L V82015+ GMC Yukon XL 5.3L V82015+ GMC Yukon XL 6.2L V8. They leaked from both threads. The Mishimoto MMTC-K2-14is designed as a 100% factory fit which makes for easy installation and our top pick for best 2014+ Silverado or Sierra 1500 transmission cooler. Yes the Derale transmission cooler part # D13504 is a fit for your 2018 Chevy Silverado 1500 with a 4.3 liter V6 engine. Great cooler upgrade for my 1997 GMC Yukon! The Derale Cooler is made of lightweight aluminum. Hardware, gaskets, and a Baldwin B40150 oil filter are included as well as a pre-installed 1/8" NPT port for oil temperature/pressure sensors. I also mounted the trans cooler on brackets I made. JavaScript is disabled. As long as your vehicle has external transmission lines and has the room for the cooler to mount in front of the radiator (this cooler measures 11" Wide x 12" tall x 7/8" deep) it will fit. Yes, the Derale Transmission Cooler part # D13504 would fit your 2016 Chevy Silverado with a 5.3 liter engine. The Tru Cool 40k utilizes a large plate and fin design that provides ample cooling for all strenuous driving situations. Include Your Order Number For a Chance to Win a $100 Gift card. here are some pics of the install: Great cooler upgrade for my 1997 GMC Yukon! Transmission coolers aren't vehicle specific, so a cooler can be installed on most vehicles. While the supplied hose was made in China and the walls of that hose where very flexible, the Gates hose, (made in the USA) was very rigid and would not go on the stud of the cooler, requiring a second trip to the Auto parts store to purchase 4' of 3/8" hose. Highly recommend the B&M 70274 for any full size truck", "After installing this cooler I saw a 50-60 degree drop in temperature, and at least a 30 degree improvement over my old cooler. With the transmission fluid bypass valve in operation it is not possible to reduce trans temp below a preset level (or nearer ambient temp) because the thermostat valve simply turns off flow to the cooler(s). As mentioned before, there are a number of aftermarket installation kits for the Tru Cool 40k that are designed for these trucks, so mounting the cooler is simple. Distance was approx 1/4 mile (close by). No other components are needed to install the cooler either. For example, a Class III trailer hitch is used for medium duty towing therefore, a Class III transmission cooler would suffice. I made a bracket out of aluminum flat stock. Thanks for shipping so fast. This includes hydraulic oil coolers, transmission fluid coolers, power steering oil coolers, and much more. Looking for a GMC Sierra or Chevy Silverado transmission cooler upgrade to help lower transmission temperatures in your pickup truck? I attached some pics of the correct hose routing for the 2015 Honda Accord V6. I attached a demonstration video for you. With the Timbrens on the sag went away completely. The last pic is showing the transmission fluid warmer (just as an FYI). Transmission Cooler Guide participates in the Amazon Associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, "Installed this transmission cooler on my 2016 Silverado 1500 with the 6l80e. Silverado transmission oil cooler upgrade Tru Cool Max Peter Villalon 1.83K subscribers Subscribe 6 590 views 6 months ago Here is an upgrade video to the Silverados original. Used 2 hose clamps @ cooler, one clamp on each barbed fitting . There should be plenty of room under the hood of your truck for this 11" Wide x 8-3/4" tall x 7/8" deep cooler. I recommend the Derale Dyno-Cool Tube-Fin Transmission Cooler Kit - Class III - Economy # D12903 to assist in cooling your transmission to keep your truck functioning well. The LPD4739 trans cooler includes a thermal bypass. Mishimoto MMTC-K2-14 Pros & Cons I also installed a hitch! 100 % satisfaction ! To make sure products work and fit the way they are supposed to. One of the common issues with transmission cooling on the 14+ Sierras and Silverados is the bypass valve within the factory transmission line. Tru-Cool 40K Transmission Cooler Installation Package - 99-07 GM Truck. For stock and some mild builds, the factory unit will do the trick. And he saw that it was at about 190 degrees while towing instead of that normal operation temp of about 160 to 170, and he wanted to bring those temps down. Good design to get the fluid up to operating temp fast. When doing work in this area of your vehicle, be careful not to puncture the AC condenser! I did, We use this to help us tow a 3,000lb camper, Everything was included to install the cooler, The fan is nice, the brass compression barbed, Installation was relatively easy- quality, My vehicle originally did not have a transmission, Transmission cooler was a little larger than, "02" F250 7.3 Super Duty I found the service, Its been almost a year since I installed, Have a 1998 Lincoln Mark 8 w/ 4 speed automatic.

John Deere Z445 Parts Manual, Custom Resistance Bands, Articles S