Usually recipes are had to immigrate where Im from because ingredients. Maybe just saut it a little to warm it up in the butter garlic sauce?? Soak clams in cold water for at least 30 minutes; drain well. Sea horses? Im so happy to hear everyone enjoyed them and the luncheon was a hit! This recipe hit the spot and reminded me soo much of the ones I like. I will make it again next week. They treat their cows like family which is sooooo important to me. . Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. I do worry that the shrimp will get overcooked but unfortunately, without having tried this myself, I cannot answer with certainty. Serve it on top of rice to make it more of a meal. I used to be grossed out by shrimp but now I could eat it all day. Reduce heat to low; cover, with a tight-fitting lid, and cook until the clams have opened, stirring once, about 8-10 minutes. My family loves it!! Pour mixture into a bowl and set aside. Cant wait to try it! I have a lot of frozen cooked shrimp in the freezer that I caught on sale; peeled and deveined in 2 lb. I dont know if anyone else struggled with this, but it took almost a half hour for my clams to open up and that was after I put them on medium heat. Definitely will make again in the near future. Add garlic to the skillet, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute. creamy peanut butter, sesame oil, sweet chili sauce, rice vinegar and 4 more Arugula Almond Pesto KitchenAid extra virgin olive oil, grated Parmesan, sea salt, fresh lemon juice and 3 more I used white wine instead of chicken stock. Cooked this for NYE and it was a hit with the family!! I only used 2 T of butter for the sauce, that was plenty. Let it thaw and then just warm it up the night we are eating it? Add the wine and cover. My family loved it. Jass, you can use as little or as much as youd like. Tempting!!!! Can you use lemon juice from a bottle? I figured it was time to comment and let you know that I use your recipes in my meal plans that I create for clients. (I have two big eaters with a teenage son and my husband, so I have to make things stretch.) Yes, the clams are equally fantastic, cooked so perfectly, but the true hero is the dipping sauce essentially. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. quality, quality, quality..using dried parsley is not going to work or bottled lemon juice,, fresh is best. Hi, can I make this creamy by adding heavy cream to the mixture.. Or would the citrus from the lemon cause it to separate ? GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP recipe is great! Would I make it first and then put it in a bag in the freezer. Just tried this recipe & absolutely loved it! Stir in chicken stock and lemon juice. Let the clams sit in the water for 20 minutes. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Shrimp and clams in garlic butter sauce is a simple and delicious seafood dish. Can chicken stock be used in place of the wine? It was delicious! Easy, fast recipe that my husband and kid both loved. So quick and easy to make. I think this will be my permanent recipe! Had I known how good it was, I would have ordered two of them and called it my main dish. It is now my, go-to way to fix shrimp. Threw this together last minute, it was amazing!! I could probably eat that entire pan of shrimp! Fried Oysters. It turned out wonderful! They came out great. 3/4 cup bread crumbs, 1 sleeve of ritz crackers crushed,. Cant wait to make it. Return to pot and keep warm. Add clam sauce and cover. this recipe was absolutely fabulous! Maybe that would boost the flavor and give emphasis to the clam flavor. Its restaurant-quality clams with the most heavenly white wine cream sauce. Meat: Feel free to add some cooked and diced bacon, spanish chorizo or pancetta to your clams. Hey! Cook for another 2 minutes, then turn the scallops and shrimp and cook for a further 1 1/2 minutes. I added some Tony Charcheres, and it was as good as anything in a restaurant. It was very tasty. Terilyn, Just great thats all I have to say just great. Really simple recipe . Combine all the ingredients of the Seafood Boil Seasoning in a bowl. Add shallots and saute for about 1 minute. This was so delicious! . Very good recipe and Ill be making this often! Just 15 minutes is all you need for these steamed clams in a velvety, buttery garlic wine sauce! The only thing I changed was that I added diced onions and sauted them in the beginning. Fish & Chips Basket. Its morning but I want this dish now. it was great, i have never made food as good. Not sure waht happened since others who posted reviews loved it. The shrimp was very tender. I agree! . Just fixed this for a quick lunch, I server it over spaghetti. . Discard any unopened clams. If you are like me and dont care for spicy food, you only need a pinch. The lemon juice gave it the right amount of flavor, I used minced garlic Bcuz I didnt that have any garlic cloves but it came out perfect, I ate mine over rice. Soooo delicious that I was licking the plate clean. This steamed clams is seriously making me hungry! Ive been doing the low carb thing so this is OK carb wise and what a treat. Do you think it will still come out good? I DID use fresh garlic and fresh lemon juice. But what would you pair it with? wish i could share how the shrimps looked, My daughter made this recipe and she loved it, I did too. Thank you so much for this post. (To debeard mussels, clip beard off with scissors just before cooking) Melt butter with wine in 8 quart saucepan. I am not able to replicate the issue on my end. My husband and I love shrimp. This recipe is #1 in my shrimp recipe collection now. My 8 year old son is the major shrimp lover and he ate 2 servings!! . Add garlic, shallots and red pepper flakes, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. my husband loves shrimp so i made this for him and he absolutely loves this recipe for the first time will make again. They were delicious, perfect & the broth so yummy served with crostini , caprese salad and white wine. In a large saute pan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes; remove from heat. Thanks for the recipe though. Yummy! You can use the minced garlic to add more flavor but i wouldnt recommend. Cook for 1 more minute, then add minced garlic, stirring to combine. I made this for dinner . Melt butter in a pan, then add a generous amount of garlic and a pinch of red chili flakes. Ive been looking for perfect recipe of shrimp which is my favorite .. thank you for this ,I found it.. more power and God Bless ! Make a side of brown rice (or this Lemon Rice!) I love this recipe! $24.00. SOOOOO SOOO GOOD! I actually dont mind the sauce being a bit on the thin side but you can certainly use flour or thickeners to suit your tastes! Chicken stock is a great neutral base for almost any recipe and worked fine in this one. Delicious!! Will be making this often! charred cabbage w/ garlic chilli butter and walnuts. Then add garlic and saute a minute longer. Thanks for the recipe, Chungah, turned out great! Normally, I dont leave reviews but this was worth it. Delicious recipe and the saucy isnt overwhelmingly heavy and just the perfect amount of garlic. Delicious recipe, and so simple! (Theres a good recipe at Food52 and I like the serving suggestion.) Required fields are marked *. I made this tonight with cheesy grits!! The clams are cooked through when the shells have opened. P.S., I live in NY and the country is watching MY Governor for advise on how to survive this Pandemic. It was really fun and easy to make. I also substituted white wine for chicken broth and added a pinch of red pepper flakes. I used fresh off the boat gulf shrimp and followed the directions to a T and this turned out amazing. Yes, you can use lemon juice from a bottle, but as always, I recommend using fresh! Melt butter over medium low heat in a large sauce pan, then add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Then add cajun seasoning, old bay seasoning, red pepper flakes, onion powder, brown sugar, and salt. If I were to follow them the shrimp would be overcooked.. And I substituted cilantro for parsley. I used jumbo shrimp mainly because thats what I had on hand. Delish! I made this for the second time last night after my teenage daughter requested it. Place the butter in a large pan and melt over medium high heat. Ive never made clams or mussels before and this recipe was amazing! Our family was from NYC. It only takes 8-10 minutes to steam clams, so let's get started. Remove all the seafood from its shells and briefly reheat it the broth, then serve it over pasta. I would like to add another side; something with some good veggies in it. Remove the shrimp from the pan. This recipe was AMAZING! Melt half of the butter (3 tablespoons) Add in the fresh minced garlic and let cook about 30-40 seconds, until the garlic smells fragrant. This was one of the best shrimp recipes I have made ever. Easy go to recipes. [homemade] linguini and clams and shrimp and shrooms and spinach and garlic and tarragon in a lobster-base sauce. I also used a little less butter. Instructions. Whisk in lemon juice and cream cheese until well incorporated. Add wine and stock and bring to a simmer. Remove lid and add spaghetti. But please feel free to check out all of my side dish recipes here. Clean shrimp and set aside. I used everything but parsley. I wonder if there is any relation. Hopefully, these tidbits will help you have a wonderful dinner. The Boil: Fill a large pot of water about half full, add in sliced onions, smashed garlic cloves, kosher salt, Cajun seasoning, potatoes, corn and sausage and allow the water to come to a gentle boil. pictures are great againthey say eateat nowonly thing is I dont have the makings in the house,,,so I will just have to droooool at the pictures until the stores openthanks for another great looking recipe.. OK Hun, I said almost immediately. A dish I was pretty much licking the plate. Drain the water, then scrub the clams with a soft brush. Next time, Ill add clam juice and chicken stock, go half-and-half on each. Clams are a great addition to any healthy diet. Definitely impressed my family with this one! Im always looking for new recipes for my menu, which makes me always interested in my work. I hope I do better with this dish next time, super fluke for my favorite website!!! Next time I think I will add less lemon and butter and more garlic to suit my taste. Thanks! by Amy Brinkley Published: Dec 12, 2016 Updated: May 6, 2018. Do you think this would still work with Dairy-free butter or do you think itll throw if the taste completely? This time I used white wine one small pink lemon squeezed some powdered garlic some thyme some oregano and a little salt . Aaaahhhhhmazing!!! I want to make it today, was thinking of making the sauce and then just let the shrimp heat up in the sauce? Delicious and decadent. Thank you for sharing. I dont even eat shrimp. Add water to liquid to give you 1 cup of liquid. Its up to you! Unfortunately, without further recipe testing, I cannot answer with certainty. Will be making these again!! Also, i always recommend adding 2 cloves to any recipe as you dont know what type of garlic that was used and/or the freshness of your own. How can you go wrong with garlic, butter and shrimp but the addition of the chicken broth and lemon made it superb. This recipe is indeed Damn Delicious!!!. Lick the plate goodness! This was indeed damn delicious! Do you ever have any trouble with the sauce being too thin? I substituted shallot for green onions, clams from Costco, lime instead of lemon, nice chardonay, fesh garlic pressed and chicken bone broth. If you plan to use smaller-sized shrimp, you may need to reduce the cooking time. Served it with vegetables. Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious! The kids and husband loved it! I took a gamble and made this for our anniversary dinner and was absolutely blown away by the flavor! If youve got a few dozen clams and a few staple kitchen ingredients, youre just 15 minutes away from these incredibly flavorfulButtery Garlic Steamed Clams! This steamed clams recipe is fresh shellfish cooked with garlic, butter, herbs and lemon. Took some into work the next day & had people begging for more. If you need to store the clams for a longer period of time, place them in an open container in the refrigerator and cover them with damp paper towels. I have never cooked clams before, but gave this a try and they turned out amazing! Bring to a boil. Thank you! Try white rice (add 1 teaspoon chicken beyond bullion) to the water. I use less lemon and garlic as I otherwise find them too overpowering. This looks like the perfect tapas-style dish, so delicious damn delicious and nothing short of it I hope youre having a lovely weekend x. So simple but the flavours are amazing. Amazing!! Just made this to go with fried rice! 1. Ill be making this for my hubby soon! I also didnt have capers so I tried jalapeno brine! So I wanted to make something different. Got a thumbs up from my Wife and she didnt even complain when she had to do the dishes. Thanks so much!!! Here is some advice for those who may require more flavor: the recipe calls for 5 cloves..she doesnt state the size. I made this for dinner last night and served with spaghetti squash!!! Easy and everyone from my husband to my one year old loved it! THE BEST shrimp I have ever made!!! Thank you! I made this for dinner tonight and it was absolutely delicious! Geez! Required fields are marked *. Anyone who knows me knows Im an animal lover. Ill let you know how it turns out. Very delicious! The contest runs until December 14th, 2016 and you can vote every day. My children begged for more. I watched in joy as my boyfriend devoured the food on his plate and once he was finished I received 3 compliments of That ish was really good! Followed with can you make more in the morning?. Thank you! Saving! Add the mussels and clams. Thank you. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until clams and mussels have opened. They are optional. I will recommend this to everyone! I did cut down on the additional butter though. Just heat through only a minute or so covering with all that buttery, garlicky goodness. Thank you for this simple and quick recipe. Cover the pot, then simmer for 7-9 minutes or until clams have opened. We have this quite often because we both love it! Ive always been a fan of just about ANY kind of seafood, but can probably eat my weight in these clams. The whole family loved it! Stir in chicken stock and wine. That was friggin delicious! Glad I tried it. Please use your best judgment for freezing and reheating. It was quick, easy, and delicious. Hope that helps. This was awesome! I am soooo making it today! Battered fillet with fresh citrus and tartar sauce. Ill make again! And devoured. Thanks! Hi Nancy, this is tonights dinner. Butter is good for you. Delicious recipe. Its unfortunate. Thank you for such an outstanding recipe! I want to give this recipe a try but what can I substitute for chicken stock? I actually like using coconut oil with shrimp recipes, it gives the shrimp a different, coconutty taste. Thanks for this awesome recipe! Add the olive oil and red pepper flakes and allow the spice to infuse into the oil for 30 seconds. Great recipe! Add wine and lemon juice. We served it over penne and the pasta soaked up the garlic-lemon reduction very nicely. We totally enjoyed it. My kids love it and this is now my favorite shrimp recipe! Pour the garlic butter over the shrimp. I made zero changes and was impressed with the flavor and the taste! In a saucepot, cook linguine as per instructions on package; drain. I am going to make this for dinner this evening. Where do you purchase your clams? Made pasta and roasted tomatoes as a side. It was super easy to make and my goodness, was it delicious! Loved that it was so quick and easy to prepare. Thanks for the recipe muchly. YOU ROCK! Im looking at doing this garlic butter shrimp with some homemade cheddar biscuits. About me, Your email address will not be published. Your email address will not be published. Can I substitute garlic powder for fresh garlic? When I was a little girl, 60+ years ago, my family made frequent trips into Chicago for my dads business and to visit family and friends. Stir in clams. Heat a large skillet over high heat. squid, tomato pulp, shrimps, shallots, salt, scampi, clams, garlic cloves and 5 more Seafood Scampi Linguine AllRecipes capers, linguine pasta, red bell pepper, fresh basil, butter and 7 more I also precooked the shrimp with green seasoning (Im half trini) and added a little bit of ginger powder to add a different flavour. Just made that delicious dish and OMG that was off the hook. MAKE SCAMPI: Melt butter in large saucepan on high heat and add oil. He loved it and I was so proud of me. This is a blog, not a recipe page, but if you prefer the latter, there are many sources available online. I usually have this dish with pasta, but I havent cooked it myself. Instructions. Could I just use frozen cooked shrimp and cook it for a shorter amount of time? It looked beautiful, tasted great!!! Wow this was so yummy! Add wine and lemon juice. I added only 1 juice of lemon as the recipe states but now I cant taste any butter or garlic While clams are sitting in water, prepare a large, heavy bottomed dutch oven or pot with cover by melting butter and olive oil over medium heat. Great recipe! Made this tonight for Christmas Eve. I added heavy cream and served over yellow rice with bread from PaneraDELICIOUS!!! Its always nice to have a quick, easy and delicious seafood recipe on-hand especially during the holidays! document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); I doubled the batch because I have a teenage son that eats a ton . What should I use as a sub? It takes about 7-9 minutes to steam clams. I was thinking it could be as simple as asparagus or even sweet corn on the cob. Amazing! You are so very WRONG! I used this recipe as a staring off point and added kale, oyster mushrooms, and prawns to the 2lbs of steamer clams I was able to find fresh at the grocery stores nearby. If I were to do it again I would (1) cust the garlic in half, (2) cut the butter in half, (3) add a little tapioca starch or corn starch to slightly thicken the liquid, and (4) Add sugar snap peas, perhaps cabbage, and other crispy and relatively neutral veggies. So diet or not, this needs to be made. He came home last night from the market with raw shrimps and placed it on the kitchen counter and said babe lets have shrimps tonight. Welcome to Dinner at the Zoo! I came back from work, I didnt want to cook something too complicated, and believe me for the effort put into this, the outcome is amazing. How does the recipe change? Add the garlic, lemon juice, and caper brine to the skillet and let cook for 1 minute. Thank you for helping me make my first clam dish! Instructions. Plan on purchasing 1 pound of clams per person to serve as a main course, or 1/2 pound per person to serve as an appetizer. This is going into my regular rotation. Add the onion and garlic, cook for about two minutes. So easy and quick. They should work and I would also use the juice or jarred clam juice for more flavor. The seafood lovers in your life will adore this recipe! Continue simmering until shrimp are opaque and clams have opened, 3 to 4 minutes more. Have made this a few times and it has always turned out perfectly. Made this tonight. Thanks for the recipe! Whisk together cornstarch and water; stir into skillet. If only I could sop the butter up with some bread!

Building Off The Grid Where Are They Now, Ling Me Garmi, Miguel's Jr Refried Beans Recipe, Oil Filter Cross Reference John Deere M806419, Articles S