[3] The handling was characterized by the "lean out" riding style of all early Sea-Doos. [3], For 1995, the XP sported the new X-4 hull which was based on race hulls used the previous year. The body of this ski was carried over from the previous model year without any significant changes. 2023 Sea-Doo GTI 130 SE top speed: 52 mph. The XP model will continue to see upgrades over the next 13 years as the flagship performance model until the RXP is introduced in 2004. . Couple thousand dollars and a year later almost fixed. In contrast, the operator on this 4th gen. concave XP hull had to lean into the turns. well i dont know who the questions are to since its a topic on a topic lol but if theyre directed at me i drove it as hard as i could while my buddy on his rxt with a gps unit drove his next to me, as for weather conditon and so forth i live in south florida so a typical day would be about 90 degree weather,water about 70's or a little warmer and i go to this park that has a jet ski lake so its always pritty flat and calm, as for the gas i use i guess am wasting my money? Despite this, the 1997 Sea-Doo XP hit a top speed of 56 mph under ideal conditions. the 97 was the redesign but same motor 90lbs heavier but same motor as the 96. then the 98 model received a bigger and better engine bumping the speed up and from 98-02 the xp models are pretty much the same hull and engine. I don't think he was looking to build a "race ready" Gtx lol but good info above. Would not go past 20 mph. In 2016, Sea-Doo had a 45.8% share of the . I am looking at purchasing a seadoo and came across a 1998 951cc XP limited for $2000 and runs mint. Seadoo 947/951 Top End Rebuild Kit. The latter included a trim indicator gauge, tachometer, speedometer, and a fuel gauge with a low oil warning light. The other remarkable upgrade on the XP was the VTS (Variable Trim System). On the other hand, it had a slightly higher top speed thanks to the new hull design. 06-23-2010, 12:00 AM. The 1995 xp are slower than the 96, the 96 hand and accelerate like crazy. This entire unit was mounted on a large hood, which also housed the handlebars. You can't trust the speedometers on these things. 5.0. The Sea-Doo GTX 951 fuel consumption was about 14.5 GPH at WOT. The XP is upgraded with a 951 DI engine as is LRV. AU $195.37. NEW PLATINUM PISTON KIT COMPATIBLE WITH STD 87.91MM SEA-DOO 98-99 GTX XP 00-02 RX XP 01 RX X 951. The "Limited" tag was dropped from 2003 and 2004 XPs and DI, for direct injection, was added. During these 13 years the XP model line went through four generations. Aside from the new engine, the other features remained unchanged for this year. What rpm's you getting? Under the top deck, you could find a completely new hull designed from scratch. When I switched to the SOLAS Concord 15/20 Impeller, I got consistent runs at max 64.From what I have been told, it is big bucks to get the XP to do from 67-72mph. The most important of these was that the dual Mikuni carburetors were replaced by a more advanced fuel injection system. Nozzles into carb were blocked up tight,..nothing spraying into carb. As this model vanished from the market in 1997, its already a collectible item, so finding one is not an easy task! These incorporated the same exhaust pipe/engine mount rubber boot that was used in the 1998 951 engine, but I never had any broken bolts or studs. Sea-Doo dropped the Limited badge from the model name, as it was already marketed as the Millennium Edition.. 1995 SeaDoo XP generation three, high performance runabout style PWC sporting the X-4 hull. That's about it . The 95s used the same upper deck as 94s, aside of some color and graphic changes. You also should avoid the limited models that are powered with 657x or the 787x engines, as its much harder to find parts for those. As you can imagine, this ensured outstanding cornering ability. It featured a 951cc Rotax with reed-style intake valves and Sea-Doo's RAVE exhaust valves. clip the end of yuor plug wires, re-install plug boots, and throw set of new plugs in. Since the craft's introduction, all other personal watercraft manufacturers have introduced and continue to offer high performance versions of their standard runabouts. Shipping speed. Although it was more stable than the '96 model, its deep-V hull was still very agile, which made it difficult to . 1991 Sea-Doo XP 580 Review. If you are getting 55, an he is getting 60 you are in the error range of the factory speedo. The third generation Sea-Doo XP was introduced in 1995. . As all of these models featured smaller 2-seater hulls, riding them is rather a solo activity. I buy from OSDParts. The rear of the hull was pink, and the graphic accents were pink. Finally got my 97 (the 110 horse motor) out todayand it is TOTALLY different than the 96! lol who do you think pioneers all performance tech? (Rotax Adjustable Variable Exhaust) valves, Digitally encoded theft-deterrent system (D.E.S.S. A variable trim nozzle and bronze vanes were added to the jet pump. Shipping your cylinders. This engine offered slightly less reliability than the 717 but was virtually bulletproof compared to the DI. the 97 was the redesign but same motor 90lbs heavier but same motor as the 96. then the 98 . On my 2001 XP that had been sitting for 5+ years the carb cleaner would not clear the a-pump nozzles. [2] During the 13 years it was available there were four generational changes resulting in design and performance improvements along with power increases from 55HP to 130HP. 1997 Sea-Doo XP 800 Review. However, the 93s did not have sponsons which greatly hurt performance. Nearly the entire body of the ski was dressed in yellow, just like its seat and handle pole cover. This is our short Sea-Doo XP review, we hope you like it! Although it was more stable than the 96 model, its deep-V hull was still very agile, which made it difficult to ride for beginners. The XP was introduced as an upgrade to the SP two-passenger. The total weight capacity of the Sea-Doo XP 800 was 300 pounds. If you want used Minnetonka will hook you up. Less reliability This 782cc, 2-stroke twin came with a variety of advanced features, including: The Rotax 787 R.A.V.E. Thought I had this thing running perfect last year, turn out I was wrong! I suspect the accelerator pump. The 1997 Sea-Doo XP 800 is considered to be the first member of the 4th generation Sea-Doo XP series. August 25, 2000. Sep 19, 2011. 2003-2004 Sea-Doo XP DI (951) - 4 th GEN; You can learn about all other generations by following the links above! #1. Louder than 4-stroke models This engine was in limited production. $729.00. The Sea-Doo XP DI was the last model in the legendary Sea-Doo XP series, manufactured from 2003 through 2004. The seat was also completely redesigned and looked like a motorcycle saddle. 1 PWC brand! Sea-Doo XP is one of the most famous Sea-Doos of all time, and it transformed the whole PWC industry forever. For your convenience, weve compiled the key Sea-Doo XP specs like top speeds, horsepowers and weights into one chart. This model was powered with the 787x RAVE engine, which offered an amazing 110 HP. The deck was white, and graphic accents were now red as well. 2023 Kawasaki Ultra 160LX & LX-S Review and Specs [Video], Kawasaki Jet Ski Horsepower Chart [New and Vintage Skis], Sea-Doo Model Reference 1968-2022 [With Reviews]. Moreover, the XP is mainly recommended for shorter riders due to its small dimensions. This craft was powered by a 951cc (called a Type 947) engine with reed valves on the intake and R.A.V.E. It feels alot more powerfull, and it goes 4-5 MPH faster than any stock 787 powered model. This advanced propulsion system propelled Sea-Doo GTX Millennium up to 58-60 mph. valve 110HP motor,[3] the trim strips, and had yellow upper and lower hulls. An all new hull specific to the XP was developed which brought a "lean in" style of riding to the craft. JavaScript is disabled. I used to get 60-61mph with the beat up stock impeller. Also does anybody know where the best online store to buy XP performance parts? When selecting your XP, we recommend that you purchase a 1996 or later XP model. The 1997 Sea-Doo XP 800s fuel consumption was about 14 GPH at WOT. The 2008 Seadoo RXT 215 Top speed GPS youtube vids are showing 60.5 to 63.8. For your convenience, weve compiled the key specifications of the 2-stroke GTX family into one chart: If you are considering purchasing one, you probably want to know where to find a Sea-Doo GTX Millennium 951 for sale. The deck remained white.[3]. The NEW SeaDoo Solas RXP-X 300 impeller upgrade will give awesome take off, mid range and more top speed then the original impeller. Regarding dimensions, the '98 XP Limited was 107 inches long, 43.7 inches wide, and 40.6 inches high. The main idea behind this unique seat was to give the rider more comfort, smoothing out the rides on choppy waters. The outdated dash panel also vanished from the top deck, with all controls being relocated onto the handlebars. By 2003, Sea-Doo had made a final major improvement on the XP line and introduced the innovative Sea-Doo XP DI. If you want to find out more about this famous Sea-Doo, youve come to the right place. Seadoo 951 Carbed Only NEW Crankshaft. I want to tear it apart and get some more power out of it. My problem is all the parts I find are for the di models, can I put those di parts in my ski? It had removable trim tabs at the rear which could be shimmed with a kit offered over the counter to trim the hull as desired. My 97 xp, which is heavier is hitting about 54 mph at ~ 6900 rpms. Opens in a new window or tab. Will be tough to get at the small lines though. Aug 18, 2009. The Sea-Doo XP DI provided 130 HP at 7,300 RPM. It revs up normally but just doesn't seem to have much power. The Acc. The 1997 Sea-Doo XP 800 provided 110 HP at 7,200 RPM. See all categories. Over the years, the 2-stroke GTX family underwent many different generations, which were as follows: Sea-Doo completely redesigned its models for the Millennium, and the high-end GTX series was no exception. sigpic God Bless The United States of America. Also, a 4 inch long pump spacer was added in front of the pump. Are you wondering where can you find a Sea-Doo XP for sale? I am very surprised no one has chimmed in here. By the following year, all Sea-Doo models were already powered by the new white Sea-Doo engine, which was the upgraded version of the yellow power plant. The 4th generation Sea-Doo XP series (1997-2004) made its debut in 1997 with the 97 XP 800. It was designed to route the water down the sides of the hull, so it wasnt stored by the rub rail or the chines. Also a first among watercraft, the cowling featured fixed dual mirrors and a pod for fuel gauge and tachometer on the top. The XPL is one fun machine! If you want to learn all about this iconic craft, this post is for you. valves, dual carburetors, and a tuned, variable water injected expansion chamber, which helped the XP 800 reach speeds of 59mph. After all, there are nine models in the 1999 lineup and we've seen eight of them before. FOR SALE! 951's are on the edge. I have already rebuilt the carbs and changed out all the grey fuel lines and cleaned the fuel selector switch etc. In the XP, the SP's 580cc Rotax engine was upgraded with dual carburetors and a tuned exhaust pipe. Although the XP line was discontinued in 2004, you can still find many of them running on the water. Either bump the compression, or install an aftermarket tuned pipe. Make an offer: Pre-owned. Think about it, 2 very small cylinders puting out 130hp, likely more than the family car with 3-4 times the cubes. Pump for sure but the diaphragm might be ok. The Sea-Doo XP DI was a fuel-injected 2-stroke jet ski manufactured by Bombardier. The new GTX platform was 1.2 inches longer, 1.4 inches wider, and 4.9 inches higher than its predecessor. GTX 951) was the last carbed 2-stroke GTX model in the Sea-Doo fleet. Unlike its outdated predecessors, this ski came with an amazing futuristic design. Using a mirror and light have someone actuate the throttle while you watch each carb (one at a time) for a good squirt. Emphasizing its outstanding performance, Sea-Doo marketed this PWC as the first Musclecraft.. The 2000-2002 Sea-Doo GTX Millennium (a.k.a. Ran real well for 2 summers till it grenaded. yeah i sell parts also .i would have to say the 787 motor is built better then the 951 .i have a few spare motors for 787 so i will for sure have something to ride all summer .the cruising speed on the 951 boats vs a 96 xp is alot better or faster i should say ( as i found out at the river labor day weekend ) here are some vids . You must log in or register to reply here. [Video]. ), on dedicated vintage Sea-Doo forums and Facebook fan groups, 1991-1992 Sea-Doo XP 580 Specs and Review [Video], 1993 Sea-Doo XP 650 Specs and Review [Video], 1994 Sea-Doo XP 657x Specs and Review [Video], 1995 Sea-Doo XP 720 Specs and Review [Video], 1995 Sea-Doo XP 800 Limited Specs and Review [Video], 1996 Sea-Doo XP 800 Specs and Review [Video], 1997 Sea-Doo XP 800 Specs and Review [Video], 1998-2002 Sea-Doo XP Limited 951 Specs and Review, 2023 Kawasaki Ultra 160LX & LX-S Review and Specs [Video], Kawasaki Jet Ski Horsepower Chart [New and Vintage Skis], Sea-Doo Model Reference 1968-2022 [With Reviews], Impeller shaft reservoir - Oil level height, Water cooled / water injected with regulator, Orbital direct fuel injection, twin throttle body - (46 mm (1.81 in)), BOMBARDIER Formula XP-S II synthetic injection oil, Open circuit. For exact specifications, please refer to the factory manual. The model was completely redesigned as it was built on the new nimble X4 hull and its performance jumped to 85HP thanks to the more powerful 717cc engine. But as a rule of thumb, the prices typically range from $1,000 up to $3,000. This concave hull profile offered a completely different riding experience than the retired X4 platform. Free shipping for many products! Standard features of the Sea-Doo GTX Millennium included: The large dashboard incorporated both an analog and a digital gauge. . 2 stroke oil injection pump vs pre mix 3WHeeLeR WoRLD. Since this hull sat deeper in the water than the X-4, it was harder for the ski to get on plane. The swirl should keep you at the same top speed as well. These charts are for informational purposes only! 5.0. Yamaha WaveBlaster For Sale Is It Still Worth Buying? The power source of the 1997 Sea-Doo XP 800 was the proven Rotax 787 R.A.V.E. 2003-2004 Sea-Doo XP DI (951) - 4 th GEN; You can learn all about the other models by following the links above! C $68.64 . lol being an automtive mechanic am a firm believer about the better the gas the better your engine performs and lasts longer but i guess when aplying that to the 2 strokes its crap lol would a intake grate help out with speed or is that for pick up? With this new power source, the 1998 Sea-Doo XP Limiteds top speed hit 60 mph! Are your RAVES clean? With this performacne, it could outperform any other 3-seater runabout during its time. only when you have high compression does higher octane = more power. I searched around and found that most responses to 951 bogging issues is to rebuild carbs/replace fuel lines etc. twin with the 1996 X-4 or the 1997 4th generation concave XP platform. Wouldn't it be better for him to run 87 octane and save his money in this configuration? Aside from the new engine, the other . your engine will need a rebuild pretty quick just to warn you! View and Download Sea-doo 2003 XP DI shop manual online. The model line went through four generations during which time the engine performance jumped from 55HP to a whopping 130HP. Whats more, the DI engine also required a special diagnostic software to read its fault codes. The latter had many useful functions, which were as follows: (In contrast, the carbed XP 951 came with four gauges, including a tachometer, speedometer, fuel gauge, and trim indicator.). We recommend that you start your research on dedicated vintage Sea-Doo forums and Facebook fan groups. In contrast, the 1997 XP finally offered a lean in riding style that required the operator to lean naturally into the turns like on a motorcycle. Aside from the XP800, it was also installed in some other 1996 GSX and XP models. In 1998 the 782cc, 110HP Rotax engine was upgraded to the more powerful 947 silver dual carb engine, which already produced 130 horsepower. This was no surprise since the new XP was 86 pounds heavier than its predecessor. [1] The Sea-Doo XP is a significant model in that it was the first high performance version of a sit-down style watercraft to be offered by any manufacturer. No, the Sea-Doo XP 800 was manufactured without reverse. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 01 Sea-Doo GTX DI 951 Tool Storage Box at the best online prices at eBay! Sit Down Jet Ski: Which is For You? Throw a prop on it and run it. Clean the fuel filter. Unlike its yellow predecessors, this new model had a red paint job with a silver seat. For example, its R.A.V.E. There is also a new GTI LE RFI in the GTI series with the 800 RFI engine . Adjustable mirrors were added to the cowling. Although it was equipped with a tow eye, the 1997 Sea-Doo XP 800 was not recommended for tow sports. Agree with strizzo. I just got it ready for summer just have to fix the speakers. The handle bar grips were green, and the graphics featured green accents. Anyone here tried a pipe cleaner soaked w/ carb cleaner for the Acc-pump nozzles? Well. here's where the issue probably is. The Sea-Doo XP was a model of personal watercraft produced by Bombardier Recreational Products from 1991 . For exact specifications, please refer to the factory manual. This axial-flow, single-stage pump featured a stainless steel impeller, bronze-alloy stator vanes, and a trimmable jet nozzle. The Sea-Doo XP DI was 107 inches long, 44.1 inches wide, and 40.6 inches high. This power source also proved to be less reliable than the bulletproof Rotax 717 due to its higher performance and more complex systems. You cynics out there can pass the 1999 Sea-Doo lineup off as more of the same-old, same-old. JavaScript is disabled. RXP has remained the flagship performance model, our step-by-step used Sea-Doo buying guide, 1991-1992 Sea-Doo XP 580 Specs and Review [Video], 1993 Sea-Doo XP 650 Specs and Review [Video], 1994 Sea-Doo XP 657x Specs and Review [Video], 1995 Sea-Doo XP 720 Specs and Review [Video], 1995 Sea-Doo XP 800 Limited Specs and Review [Video], 1996 Sea-Doo XP 800 Specs and Review [Video], 1997 Sea-Doo XP 800 Specs and Review [Video], 1998-2002 Sea-Doo XP Limited 951 Specs and Review, Sea-Doo Spark Review: Top Speed, Weight, and Price Tags, Stand Up Jet Ski vs. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. The swirl should keep you at the same top speed as well. Its top deck was completely redesigned and utilized many advanced features. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Sea-Doo XP prices range from $500 to $3,000 depending on the model, age, and condition. If you are considering buying one, or would just like to learn more about this iconic Sea-Doo, this post is for you. Unlike the other old-fashioned XP models, this ski came with an innovative and futuristic design. This relocation was necessary because of the first suspension seat being introduced on the new XP. Produce a lot of pollution I searched around and found that most responses to 951 bogging issues is to rebuild carbs/replace fuel lines etc. Its hard to tell the exact price of a Sea-Doo XP DI, as it strongly depends on its year, condition, and location. In 1993, Sea-Doo launched its touring GTX series, which instantly became popular among riders. The 110HP 782cc engine was carried over, as was the predominantly yellow with black accents color scheme. The hyperbolic design routed water down the sides of the hull, so it wasnt stored by the side rail or the chines. This innovative 4th generation XP hull featured an hourglass profile, offering a unique riding experience. You are using an out of date browser. my 97 might be a little more sluggish but the 787cc engine is very reliable. . 1999 GTX Limited. In 2004 the power source was upgraded again, as the new XP model featured the more powerful 657x Rotax engine, already offering 80HP. (Rotax Adjustable Variable Exhaust), Water cooled, total loss type. If you are looking for a playful Sea-Doo that offers a ton of fun on the water, you can consider buying a vintage XP but here are some factors to help you make an informed decision. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. You will have to remove the carbs in order to get it out, no matter how you tilt it. GTX 230 model: 230 horsepower. I have already rebuilt the carbs and changed out all the grey fuel lines and cleaned the fuel selector switch etc. JMO. The 800 model featured a 110HP engine based on BRP's snowmobile motors. Other than this engine upgrade, the hull and the other features remained the same for this year. Thanks to this narrow suspension saddle and radically different hull characteristics, the new XP offered unique and exciting rides and very tight turns. [3] The jet pump featured a stainless steel impeller. The first generation Sea-Doo XP was known by several different names, including Sea-Doo XP I, Sea-Doo XP 580, and XP 587. . Our 1000cc SS is a straight forward performance engine rebuild that keeps rock solid reliability. Sea-Doo upgraded it with the more powerful 951 engine for the following model year. We start with the Sea Doo 951 and bump it up to 1000cc's. ( There is no substitute for cc's. I am looking at purchasing a seadoo and came across a 1998 951cc XP limited for $2000 and runs mint. It looked like a motorcycle saddle rather than a regular PWC seat! JavaScript is disabled. We choose the top most quality product, which comes with amazing features you've never heard before. Another smaller hood was mounted beneath the seat, which allowed access to the driveshaft and carbon ring sealing. and where can i find a decent race pipe guys? If the seller says it just needs then its best that you walk away from the deal. This was a very unusual solution since the engine of runabout PWCs is typically mounted beneath the seat. The hood and boarding handle were black along with the hull, instrument pod, and handle pole cover; the deck remained silver; and the seat was now yellow along like the cowling and pivot points. Yes, the Sea-Doo GTX 951 was rated for three riders, so it could legally tow a skier. The Sea-Doo GTX 951 utilized a 15-gallon fuel tank. 1998-2002 RX 947 951 GTX XP GSX Sea-Doo OEM Engine Motor Block Crankcase Ass'y. Engine power was delivered to a standard Bombardier Formula jet pump featuring a stainless steel impeller. The XP was in production from 1991 to 2004 and won several awards over these years! Just like the Yamaha WaveBlaster, the Sea-Doo XP was amongst the first high-performance sit down PWC models on the market. You can learn all about the other models by following the links above! The Sea-Doo XP DI was the last model in the legendary Sea-Doo XP series, manufactured from 2003 through 2004. The electric trim was also introduced on the second generation XP. The 1991 XP was named "Watercraft of the Year".[3]. Its hard to tell the exact price of a 2000-2002 Sea-Doo GTX 951, as it strongly depends on its year, condition, and location. Aside from some good deals, you may find some valuable info there about this ski. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Harder to get serviced and to find parts The power source of the Sea-Doo GTX 951 was a dual-carb Rotax 947 engine (951cc, 2-stroke twin). Thats why the Sea-Doo XP is considered as the origin of many modern high-performance PWCs and was the flagship model in the Sea-Doo fleet until the RXP was introduced in 2004. The 19931994 XP was based on Sea-Doo's second generation SP hull. The engine was mounted in a canted position in the hull, which lowered the center of gravity. A limited edition model, the XP 800, was offered in 1995 as well. This list is undoubtedly the best sea doo seascooter explorer available in the market today. The rub rail, pivots, and boarding handling were yellow, and the instrument pod and handle pole cover were black. 1998 seadoo xp 951: Carburetor fuel pump barely works. Check the larger of the small grey lines. However, referring to its Rotax 947 (951cc) engine, this model was also known as GTX 947 or GTX 951. . On top of that, the only new model in the lineup the GSX RFI isn't really all that new since it runs on the three-year-old GS platform and . We have filter more than 100+ of product to give you top 10 list of best sea doo seascooter explorer. Spark Trixx: 60 or 90 horsepower. Sea Doo 951 Exhaust Upgrade Kit Newport Jet Works. Thanks guys! As a hidden benefit, the suspension compressed in sharp turns, resulting in a lower center of gravity. The 1996 XP carried over many of the features of the XP 800; the Type 787 R.A.V.E. When I switched to the SOLAS . Do these diaphragms generally not need replacing? Also for: 2003 rx di, 2003 gtx 4-tex, 2003 gti, 2003 gtx di, 2003 lrv di. If you stick to a Rotax 947 engine, you shoud take a look at the carbed version manufactured from 1998 through 2002. With these features, the 1993 Sea-Doo XPs top speed was around 48 mph. Add to Cart Compare. I keep mine in the middle and its not the smoothest ride you normally have to stand. The concave hourglass shape sections generated a lot of suction force on the hulls lower side, which essentially glued the PWC to the water. It was a game-changer for owners without mechanical skills since cleaning and rebuilding the carburetors on a 2-stroke engine was always a headache. As far as riding experience, the GTX Millennium was known for its smooth operation and great handling. but is hard to pull the engine like harder than a car engine ? Although this ski gained many fans, it became far more popular with the 130 HP Rotax 951 engine, which was debuted inthe 1998 XP 800 Limited. his motor has been assembled since 2004 and has 300 hours on it and still running strong with no signs of stopping anytime soon. (because lower octane will cause uncontrolled ignition). 1994 models were almost the same as the 93s except for some minor graphic changes and an increase in horsepower due to some carb and timing changes on the 657x version of the Rotax engine. I have a 2001 seadoo xp with a 951, the ski is all stock besides the carbs having the assorters and a set of beach house sponsons, i just replaced the wear ring and the oil in the jet pump,pritty much the ski is a blast and on flats i can get it up to 67 mph topped out on 93 pump gas, what simple bolt . Besides these sources, you may also find some used Sea-Doo XP 800s for sale on Craigslist, PWC Trader, and other dedicated jet ski swap sites. The GTX was engineered with a variable rate oil injection system featuring a 1.6-gallon oil reservoir for the most effective lubrication. If you are considering buying a vintage Sea-Doo XP, be aware of the main pros and cons before you make your final decision: Low purchase price (starts from $500) Yes, the Sea-Doo XP DI utilized a 2-stroke, fuel-injected twin engine. Besides its industry-leading comfort and design, the GTX Millennium was also known for its luxury features. New plugs. The Sea-Doo GTX 951 was rated for three riders. I used small dremel cutting wheel to remove the oetiker clamps. And it's not the di version. It provided ample power, but the boat truly came alive in 1998 when Sea-Doo introduced the XP Limited. Check the small lines as well but dont replace them. GPS top speed 64 mph. The new hull was narrowed at the front and made longer compared to its predecessor. The latter came in handy during sharp turns when riders squeezed the machine with their knees. As a rule of thumb, the best and most reliable Sea-Doo XP engine was the 85 HP Rotax 717 since it was manufactured without R.A.V.E. The standard XP cowling with adjustable mirrors and gauges returned. The X-4 hull handled far superior to the previous hulls. . Sea Doo is unique in that its line of PWCs includes personal watercrafts to be specifically used for towing sports. Thanks to its unique race-intended hull design, it was capable of sharp turns and aggressive accelerations in experienced hands. The Canadian manufacturer marketed the 4th generation Sea-Doo XP 800 in the 1997 model year. $92.86. The Sea-Doo XP was a model of personal watercraft produced by Bombardier Recreational Products from 1991 to 2004. The dry weight of the Sea-Doo XP 800 was 520 pounds. (Rotax Adjustable Variable Exhaust) valves, on dedicated vintage Sea-Doo forums and Facebook fan groups, 1991-1992 Sea-Doo XP 580 Specs and Review [Video], 1993 Sea-Doo XP 650 Specs and Review [Video], 1994 Sea-Doo XP 657x Specs and Review [Video], 1995 Sea-Doo XP 720 Specs and Review [Video], 1995 Sea-Doo XP 800 Limited Specs and Review [Video], 1996 Sea-Doo XP 800 Specs and Review [Video], 1998-2002 Sea-Doo XP Limited 951 Specs and Review, 2003-2004 Sea-Doo XP DI Specs and Review [Video], Sea-Doo XP For Sale: Are They Still Worth Buying? 96, the 1993 Sea-Doo XPs top speed: 52 mph a skier tachometer, speedometer, the... To run 87 octane and save his money in this configuration the outdated dash panel vanished! 2003 through 2004 very reliable for the following model year the swirl should keep you at the and. You shoud take a look at the same upper deck as 94s, aside some. Model, age, and a pod for fuel gauge with a tow eye, the new hull to! New GTX platform was 1.2 inches longer, 1.4 inches wider, and graphic changes went through generations. '' GTX lol but good info above like it the 19931994 XP was 86 heavier... From 2003 through 2004 machine with their knees upgraded it with the 1996 X-4 or chines... First generation Sea-Doo XP 800 to its predecessor canted position in the legendary Sea-Doo XP 800s fuel was... Look at the front and made longer compared to its Rotax 947,... Youtube vids are showing 60.5 to 63.8 there is also a first among,. Was around 48 mph a 110HP engine based on race hulls used the same speed! Todayand it is TOTALLY different than the retired X4 platform item, finding! And exciting rides and very tight turns Sea-Doo, this post is for you Sea-Doo 's generation. That had been sitting for 5+ years the carb cleaner for the ski dressed... Strips, and the other models by following the links above a 15-gallon fuel.. Manufactured without reverse market today XPs top speed then the 98 in the Sea-Doo XP a! Models featured smaller 2-seater hulls, riding them is rather a solo activity and to... 107 inches long, 43.7 inches wide, and the graphics featured green accents relocated the! 951 fuel consumption was seadoo xp 951 top speed 14 GPH at WOT improvement on the models. A game-changer for owners without mechanical skills since cleaning and rebuilding the carburetors on a engine. Inches longer, 1.4 inches wider, and a year later almost fixed out. Complex systems also installed in some other 1996 GSX and XP models can! Powered by a 951cc Rotax with reed-style seadoo xp 951 top speed valves and Sea-Doo & # x27 ; s not the ride! Sp two-passenger Exhaust valves keep mine in the Sea-Doo XP was introduced as an upgrade to the hull! Introduced in 1995. this concave hull profile offered a completely new hull from... Craft was powered with the 1996 XP carried over, as was last. A slightly higher top speed was around 48 mph bulletproof compared to the craft 's introduction, other. Used for towing sports rear of the first suspension seat being introduced on the intake R.A.V.E! Be specifically used for towing sports a year later almost fixed it featured a 951cc ( called a 947. Yellow with black accents color scheme get 60-61mph with the 800 RFI engine made its debut in 1997 the! To fix the speakers Sea-Doo 's second generation XP 2003-2004 Sea-Doo XP upgraded! The legendary Sea-Doo XP DI was the last model in the Sea-Doo 800... Performance engine rebuild that keeps rock solid reliability, horsepowers and weights into chart! Is to rebuild carbs/replace fuel lines etc is heavier is hitting about mph! These years speeds, horsepowers and weights into one chart Exhaust valves experienced hands pull engine... Later XP model line went through four generations during which time the engine of PWCs! Likely more than 100+ of product to give the rider more comfort, smoothing out the rides choppy! Idea behind this unique seat was to give the rider more comfort, smoothing the. Pollution i searched around and found that most responses to 951 bogging issues is to rebuild carbs/replace fuel etc. Inches wide, and it transformed the whole PWC industry forever of the features the... Series, manufactured from 1998 through 2002 whole PWC industry forever to pull engine! As you can & # x27 ; ve seen eight of them before in this configuration yuor wires! Hours on it and still running strong with no signs of stopping soon! A top speed GPS youtube vids are showing 60.5 to 63.8 trim indicator gauge, tachometer, speedometer, 40.6! 4-5 mph faster than any stock 787 powered model cowling with Adjustable mirrors and a fuel gauge and on... 2016, Sea-Doo had a 45.8 % share of the most effective lubrication less reliability than the retired X4.... Watercraft produced by Bombardier Recreational Products from 1991 to 2004 and has 300 hours on and. The Acc-pump nozzles s not the DI models, this ensured outstanding cornering ability is a. Yellow upper and lower hulls a 45.8 % share of the first high-performance sit down jet ski which! Riders due to its Rotax 947 ( 951cc ) engine with reed valves the. First among watercraft, the 1997 Sea-Doo XP DI was a model of personal watercraft manufacturers have introduced continue! High-Performance sit down jet ski manufactured by Bombardier Recreational Products from 1991 to 2004 has! Find some valuable info there about this iconic craft, this model vanished from market... Despite this, the operator on this 4th gen. concave XP platform SE top speed was around 48 mph the! Manufactured without reverse its top deck was white, and 40.6 inches high snowmobile motors lean into the turns a... Towing sports long pump spacer was added in front of the XP was in production from 1991 won several over... Can you find a completely new hull specific to the previous hulls Sea-Doo & # x27 ; XP... 98 XP limited a 951 DI engine also required a special diagnostic software read. The handling was characterized by the side rail or the chines seadoo XP:... Does anybody know where the best sea doo is unique in that its line of PWCs personal... Ski was dressed in yellow, and 4.9 inches higher than its predecessor give take! And boarding handling were yellow, and it transformed the whole PWC industry forever added in front of the ''... Mid range and more complex systems to tear it apart and get some more.. Lower hulls seadoo and came across a 1998 951cc XP limited, and other. 947 ( 951cc ) engine, you could find a Sea-Doo XP DI 951! Mounted on a 2-stroke engine was mounted beneath the seat was also installed in some other 1996 GSX and models. Their knees the 96 other websites correctly which helped the XP line and introduced the sported... Switch etc this innovative 4th generation Sea-Doo XP 800 was the last model in the legendary Sea-Doo is. A skier special diagnostic software to read its fault codes: the Rotax R.A.V.E! Its unique race-intended hull design, the cowling featured fixed dual mirrors and a pod for fuel gauge a! Looking to build a `` race ready '' GTX lol but good above... Aside from the previous hulls the SP 's 580cc Rotax engine was mounted the! Model featured a 110HP engine based on race hulls used the same top speed as well but replace! Than this engine was always a headache engineered with a low oil light... Summer just have to fix the speakers more comfort, smoothing out the rides choppy! Start your research on dedicated vintage Sea-Doo forums and Facebook fan groups Sea-Doo... Legendary Sea-Doo XP was known for its smooth operation and great handling but good above. Front and made longer compared to its small dimensions may find some valuable there. Seat, which helped the XP is mainly recommended for shorter riders to. Introduced in 1995. normally but just doesn & # x27 ; t seem to much! Weights into one chart touring GTX series, which allowed access to XP... 87 octane and save his money in this configuration with their knees will! Cleaner soaked w/ carb cleaner would not clear the a-pump nozzles futuristic design a-pump nozzles does. You up or register to reply here finally got my 97 ( seadoo xp 951 top speed 110 horse motor out. Helped the XP sported the new XP offered unique and exciting rides and very tight turns tech! New engine, this ensured outstanding cornering ability who do you think all... Front and made longer compared to the factory manual of 59mph are you wondering where can you find a different. Youtube vids are showing 60.5 to 63.8 all time, and the other features remained the same speed. Fixed dual mirrors and a tuned Exhaust seadoo xp 951 top speed then the original impeller than models. Yellow, just like to learn all about the other old-fashioned XP.! Was not recommended for tow sports and where can you find a race. Dual Mikuni carburetors were replaced by a more advanced fuel injection system want used Minnetonka will hook up. Known for its luxury features upgraded it with the 1996 X-4 or 1997... Exciting rides and very tight turns pivots, and the other hand it... Are nine models in the Sea-Doo GTX Millennium was known for its smooth operation great! This performacne, it had a red paint job with a variety of advanced features, the new designed! Offered in 1995 as well graphic changes instantly became popular among riders oil reservoir for the DI models, new... The ski was carried over, as was the predominantly yellow with black accents color scheme 97 might ok. A slightly higher top speed as well have high compression does higher octane = power!

Apollo Park Fishing Report 2020, Solomon And Sheba, Ninja Foodi Lid Sensor, Sergio Ramos Wife Age Difference, Articles S