Just curious. These bikes are heavily influenced by XC race bikes, but more capable. The sb100 is onto its 4th iteration of the switch link and instead of sqeaks the rear flexes so much it's hitting peoples feet. Either of the Yetis is a square deal too! Diamondback Yowie Short-travel Trail Bike Launches After Years of Development, Meet the 19-Year-Old Building a Bike Company. The guy says "yeah you're too fat to be on the porch, it's your fault.". We had a rash of their customers coming into our shop with failed Belt-drive trains. Spot Brand Ryve 100 X-Small Frame - 2019 Or Schedule a Time to Chat. The leaf spring's flexion offers an additional tuning element, which allows Spots engineers to do things with the bike's anti-squat/anti rise properties that a rigid link cannot. Top fuels are pretty dang flexy laterally in back. Anyway, like I said to each his own. A very open front triangle offers lots of space for a waterbottle and repair kit. It sports 29" wheels, is priced at $8,999 USD, comes in a range of sizes, including SM, MD, LG, XL, has Fox suspension and a SRAM drivetrain. What about a DH bike with an 11 speed drivetrain, dropper post, and possibly enduro spec rather than DH spec wheels ? A composite leaf spring takes the place of the rear pivot in the lower link. Impossible but seems to be getting a lot of chatter lately. The Ryve is an absolute rocketship up the climbs, feeling every bit the sporty race bike that's hidden under the dropper post and 120mm-travel fork. Company This is the first xc bike I've enjoyed riding. A 68-degree head angle is plenty slack for capable riders, and the 446-millimeter reach (size large) with 430-millimeter chainstays will keep things lively and maneuverable on tight and twisty trails. I am partial to dw-link suspension and the Ibis Ripley is a great all-around bike. Widgets, Explore "from f*ck-no to more-flow" Loved that, sounds like a perfect description of how my riding has evolved as I get older! The Yeti SB100 review and test ride. Looks like you could really ryve this thing up the climbs. The Spot Ryve launched with two iterations, a 100mm XC bike, and a slightly longer 115mm marathon version that used 120mm forks.Both relied on their unique Living Link suspension platform, and both were aimed at racers. Bike retails for $5500.00. Provided that it really can be adapted to longer travel. Or, to shorten the review up just a bit "The Spot's Ryve, performs like the XC bike it is.". Do your research, more than one issue was part of that crash. But poor customer service would definitely keep me from buying the brand. Check out Mike Ferrentinos review of the Trance 29 Adv Pro 0 from the latest Bible of Bike Tests here. The Tallboy is offered in three frame materials: alloy, C carbon or CC carbon. And "energy gain," sounds remarkably close to the Hand of God claimsA HoG claim is one that implicitly or explicitly states a suspension system somehow creates energy or motion out of thin airthat often infect the marketing of rear suspension designs. There's also the Mayhem and Rollik for those looking for more descending ability. Im open to a shorter travel bike if it does a serviceable job on descent (not going to do huge drops or jumps) but definitely want to stick with full suspension and 29 inch wheels. Im willing to spend up to 7-8k for the right rig. The porch breaks. And that right way is its go. The tire choice is still on the lighter side, but with a 2.35-inch-wide Schwalbe Nobby Nic up front. Marzocchi used to have a couple of Marathon forks with 5" travel. The VPP suspension is one of the better designs in this travel bracket for rough terrain. Geometry is a little more aggressive and relaxed. All in all, Spot hasnt enduro-fied the Ryve 115, they have just made some changes which round out the bike for more trail riders, while maintaining its energy for racing. Company Lumpkins son, Andrew, runs Spot as the CEO. Pivot Trail 429 (mention by dlawson above) Santa Cruz is one of the brands that offering from small to XXL sizing, so you can expect to be able to really dial in your fit. Pedaling efficiency is excellentcrisp and quick when you put the power down, and rear-wheel climbing traction is well above average too. Two colors are offered: matte red, and matte black. Spot's latest model in its growing line of Living Link full-suspension bikes is the Ryve. Spot makes the mayhem (130mm) and the rollik (150mm 27.5). A year later, again right around the 2017 Sea Otter, Spot released the Mayhem. The Ryve 100 and Ryve 115 are 29 inch-wheel bikes with 100 and 115 millimeters of rear travel respectively. We scrutinize age, condition, and quality. Progressive geometry: 67.4 degree head tube angle, 75-degree seat angle, long reaches, and short chainstays. That said, 100 millimeters cant magically become 150 millimeters, but the SB100 uses its travel quite effectively. An interesting feature that we don't see much these days is Scott's TwinLoc system. suzanne scott fear factor. The Ryve is the latest in Spots acclaimed line of Living Link suspension bikes. The Ryve 100 is a no-nonsense cross-country race bike, with its sights set on the Leadville 100 and endurance-heavy events. The problem isn't with Mike Levy's characterisation of things but rather with some vagueness in one or two sentences of Spot's 'clarification'. failed mckinsey digital assessment. Good luck buying any of these bikes. Its a rocket on the climbs, and can be discerning on the descents, but it requires the rider to be more careful when it comes to line choice. I can dig it. The Ryve best suits flowy, fun descents that don't put your life on the line, and it loves to pump rolling terrain for extra speed. It has been 2 years and you Karen's still want to speak to the manager? As you push the Ryve faster and into more challenging terrain, you can start to feel it come undone. Then when its time to roost unlock one or both ends and let er eat. Geo and travel were similar to my previous bike, but the Sniper is lighter and has a get-up and go that my previous bike didn't have. Clearly, the Sniper Trail is meant for bigger and badder things than lapping XC loops. However, XC bikes are poor descenders and are twitchy everywhere else. Rocky Mountains RIDE-9 flip chips allow you to tweak the Elements geo and leverage curve quite a bit as well, with a full degree in both the head and seat angle, as well as 10 millimeters in the reach. Some of our favorite bikes are on this listYeti SB100, Giant Trance Advanced Pro 29, Santa Cruz Tallboy 4, Ibis Ripley, Trek Top Fuel, Evil Following MB, Pivot Trail 429which means the Ryve 115 has some extremely stiff competition. Scott offers many different build options for the Spark, all the way from a budget build to a second-mortgage-level racing machine. Spot was one of the brands I was interested in. 75 degree STA, 67.2degree HTA 120 or 130mm fork and 115mm rear travel. And for those seeking a bike that's just outside the XC category and has a little trail-category meat on its bones, the Ripley should not be overlooked. The Sniper Trail is most at home in undulating, techy terrain where staying on the gas is the name of the game. Grrr. The Ryve's 115mm of rear-wheel-travel is controlled by a dual-link layout with a twist: The bottom link employs a flat carbon fiber leaf spring. Spot Revises the Mayhem 130 Trail Bike and Adds a Longer Travel Mayhem, 2020 Mountain Bike Reviews from 17 (!) Frankly, that sounds like a very roundabout way to say that the leaf spring bends and returns as the suspension moves. Big deal. I had a few bikes that came with RRs. Trying to decide on this or the Norco Optic. Speer gold dot 40 165 vs 180 . The A50 build strikes a neat balance in the middle, with a quality alloy frame hung with dependable and sensible components. I can't imagine needing anything else for IMBA-style trail systems like Raystown Lake and Kingdom Trails. If you pick good lines and you're not just a trail smasher, it's extremely rewarding on everything but the craziest trails. Best Bike Trails | Lateral stiffness is excellent, and its a light bike also, just 24.5 poundsthe $1,000 more-expensive Santa Cruz Tallboy 4 I recently tested was three pounds heavier. Shock: Fox Factory Float DPS EVOLFork: Fox Factory Float 34 Step-Cast, 120mm Wheels: Enve M525 rims , Industry Nine Hydra hubsDerailleur: Shimano XTRShifter: Shimano XTRCrank: Shimano MT900-1, 32tCassette: Shimano XTR 10-51t Brakes: Shimano XTR XC, 180/160mm rotorsTires: Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.35, Racing Ralph 2.25Seatpost: BikeYoke ReviveSaddle: WTB SilveradoBar: Enve M6Stem: Race Face Turbine. Now, the longer Ryve 115 gets a little more trail oriented, with revised kinematics and geometry, a stiffer frame, and a bump to 130mm forks. Virtually every manufacturer will have failure at some point. +2 Upgrades Master Mechanic's Notes Specifications Details Build Geometry New & Used Bikes For Sale / CPO Used & New Mountain Bikes / Spot Brand Spot Brand Ryve 115 Mountain Bike - 2021, Large Condition: Buy in monthly payments with Affirm on orders over $50. Even though itll still handle somewhat rocky trails just fine, I had the most fun with the bike on buff singletrack with rollers and swoopy turns, where I could pump, roll, and jump. One features SRAM's Eagle AXS wireless group and Rockshox Reverb AXS dropper post, SRAM Level Ultimate brakes, and Enve rims laced to Industry Nine hubs ($7,999). Price: $4,599 to $7,499 ($7,099 as tested)Weight: 24.5 lb. I have owned and ridden the following bikes: Ripley, Epic Evo, Spur, Pivot Trail 429, SB100, while they all have their strengths this Ryve 115 is the best climbing bike out of them all. The engineering drama around my sb100 has me looking for another option. For riders who want something they can throw on the line during weekends, or the occasional stage race, and need a bike that will pull double duty as their daily driver, the Spot Ryve 115 will certainly not disappoint. Until I flat, of course. Far more confident descender than some self proclaimed "all mountain" 140mm travel bikes I've ridden. Rounding out the build is a mix of SRAM GX and NX shifting, Shimano SLX brakes with 180-millimeter rotors, Syncros/Formula wheels and Maxxis Rekon tires. While theres a great abundance of options on the market to choose from, weve gathered this list of 10 of our favorite non-directional-country bikes. Yes, the optic would be better for drops over 24". In the saddle though, the traction feels unmatched, and the suspension never felt bogged down or stuck climbing up technical features. The bike is part of Spot 's Ryve range of mountain bikes. Compare the full range View on spotbikes.com Add to Watch List Learn about Spot Report data problem Add to Comparison Where to Buy $6,799 Spot Ryve 115 5-Star Similar Bikes The leaf spring is almost entirely hidden from view. This content is imported from youTube. Remember when Singletrack Sampler almost died on a spot. Like, it's just one anecdote, that just happens to have been captured on camera. Carbon fiber is used to manufacture the entire frame, including its swingarm and both suspension links. The guy he built it for just happens to.I guess make videos about porches. I have a 35lb 160/170 mega burly "enduro" bike, and a hardtail. The way you describe this bike, it makes me think that a lockout is necessary. Lol. Just saw this feed. The bike's Racing Ralph rear tire means that it rolls quite fast, but it also made for some fun, drifty corners. How about today (August 25, 2021) the entry level GX build costs a staggering 25% more than Levy states in this review? Spot offers four builds for the Ryve 115. I looked at a Ryve 115 before finally settling on an Intense Sniper T, and for my trails and location, I could not be happier. The front of the link houses bearings, just like a normal suspension link, and it pivots off the front triangle. Of course, youll get a full carbon frame, as well as a torque wrench, shock pump and tools for set-up because, of course, Intense has a consumer-direct sales model now, in addition to brick-and-mortar sales. Most of the builds come with a 120-millimeter front end though, and are what you might call BCXC bikes. But yes I agree. We're made no secret of our affection for shorter travel trail bikes like the new .css-qlm9kn{-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;text-decoration-thickness:0.0625rem;text-decoration-color:inherit;text-underline-offset:0.25rem;color:#067EA7;-webkit-transition:all 0.3s ease-in-out;transition:all 0.3s ease-in-out;background-image:linear-gradient( to bottom, #7fdbfa, #7fdbfa);-webkit-background-position:0 100%;background-position:0 100%;background-repeat:repeat-x;-webkit-background-size:0 0;background-size:0 0;padding-bottom:0.05rem;padding-top:0.05rem;}.css-qlm9kn:hover{color:#045976;text-decoration-color:border-link-body-hover;-webkit-background-size:.625rem 3.125rem;background-size:.625rem 3.125rem;}Trek Top Fuel and Yeti's SB-100. Brands [Podcast #253], XC Speed and Surprising Grip with Maxxis Rekon Race MTB Tires [Review], First Look: 2021 Trek Slash 8 in for Review. Matched with a 1,178-millimeter wheelbase and 478-millimeter reach on the large-sized 100 and 1,188 and . Spot ryve 115. Does that mean that the bike has a digressive spring curve with the leaf spring increasing spring force until the final portion of travel when it isnt loaded? The Ryve 100 uses a 100mm suspension fork and is a pretty straightforward XC race speeder, while the Ryve 115 has a 120mm fork and is for the rider who wants a light and fast trail bike. Go ahead, climb your favorite descent, or descend your favorite climb. Rather than beat you to death with 'pedaling efficiency,' the Hei Hei is made to take some of the brunt of trail chatter to save you energy on long epics or on rougher trails. Thoughts welcomed! The Ryve 115 puts efficiency and quickness first: The rear suspension has a firmer feel and not the deep and buttery feel of a Santa Cruz Tallboy 4, Ibis Ripley 4, or Giant Trance Advanced 29short travel bikes with the handling manners and capability of a longer travel bike. The rear brake line sits into a channel molded into the down tube. I hit an 11 foot drop on my optic a week ago. Transition Spur would be a fun comparison. On single track that you describe I think it climbs as good as my Epic HT (IMO) maybe a touch better due to a little give over the chatter. Spot Ryve 115 5-Star A 29 full suspension crosscountry bike with ultra high-end components. Good feedback. Purchase your next bike with the same confidence you would when buying new. When COVID hit, I started biking 3-4 times per week for the last 6 months. You feel it in your shorts. It looks like the perfect bike to me, the basic frame design that is. Then the company tried blaming him in the comments. While we love a good race bike, we're more excited about the Ryve 115. Super fast climbing bike and tracks unbelievable on the downs. 202 Carbon fiber is used to manufacture the entire frame, including its swingarm and both suspension links. Which fits in the micro-niche between downcountry and XC. For the price though, $5,600 feels like a pretty solid deal for the 5-star build Ryve, especially considering its a full carbon frame, with well-designed suspension platform, Fox Factory suspension with Kashima, and it weighs 26lbs. About Us | With Surround Sound and Bass Boost activated, the unit adds. About these deals. I mean, they make the 130mm travel mayhem and 150mm travel rollik, so they have a lot of bases covered. It's could be an ongoing thing as bikes are reviewed their place on the chart is revealed. The Details The Ryve frame is. The Ripley, despite being as long and slack as some enduro bikes, remains as light and nimble as ever. Sure, the Maestro suspension is efficient and provides plenty of traction climbing, but the Trance 29 hungers for the gnarliest of terrain, preferably of the downhill flavor. Add custom gearing Learn more about bike gearing Sizing Estimated Geometry Oh snap! I agree that one bike breaking shouldn't keep you from buying from the brand. Thank you. They are not even sure that they will get any new bikes by next spring. Hey Levy, you should try to get on the Pyga Stage Max. The Hei Hei is nearly an institution at this pointthis aint its first rodeo. Up and down, youd be hard-pressed to beat out the SB100. @Bailey100: He didn't build your porch. Here are some DC bikes I like a little less. This is what makes the sprightly nature of the suspension platform, and why we pondered how it would be in a short-travel package. Last year, it was their first full-suspension XC bike, which seems like a perfect fit for the company that has been pushing development with the Living Link suspension platform, praised for its pedaling efficiency. I wish I could say that I have had a chance to test ride a few of these bikes but given the bike shortage, Ive been limited to mostly reading reviews and watching Youtube videos. Theres over an additional half-inch of rear travel, with a 120mm Fox 34 Step-Cast fork up front. Even with the OE speed-oriented tires, it's handled everything I've thrown it. The leaf spring probably can't change the overall picture of suspension response but it might either increase the effective spring rate (in the 25% to 75% of stroke range with its effect being at a maximum around mid-travel) for a normally sprung bike or, alternatively, for a bike specced with a light spring (and, perhaps, damping tune) it should be possible to implement a fairly normal suspension response around mid-travel (because of resistance from the leaf spring link) with escalation much more subdued (due to the lighter shock spring) above 75% of stroke. 866-227-2719. At the end of the day energy is being stored in two springs (from roughly 25% of stroke to 75% of stroke) during compression and dissipated from two springs (from 75% to 25% of stroke) during rebound. In addition, the Ripley and Epic Evo have some lower-priced/more-affordable builds. So I tried an XC bike for a bit (Signal Peak) and it just didn't work for me because I actually expect a bike to be comfortable and trail worthy. I don't they're saying that it is con necessarily, but it can be one if your expectations are for more of a trail-bike. The brake bolts onto an aluminum adapter partially held in place by the rear axle. Except for creaking from the Press Fit bottom bracket, I didnt run into any issues with the bike or components during the few weeks I had the Ryve. It feels like it has both more and less suspension than it does, with supportive anti-squat numbers and a linear leverage curve that ends with a sharp ramp up. As far as the up, I have no idea, probably related to how the flex differences apply to any specific trail style. The differences on the Ryve 115 make the bike more adept at everyday trail use. I am glad to see this class of bikes emerging, something that works and caters to the type of rolling terrain most of us have access too. So it looks more like a shorter travel enduro bike vs a mid travel xc/trail bike. 75% compression or 75% shock length? I could easily see getting the base build on this right away and not having to wait until the end of year. Available in either an alloy, alloy rear/carbon front, or full-carbon frame, the Element starts at a reasonable $2,500 and ends at a eye-watering $7,100. Granted, you can lap the loops if you really want to, but the Sniper Trail is probably happier smashing rocks chasing your buddies around on an after-work trail ride or weekend epic. The chart abovesorted by shortest to longest reachshows how the Ryve 115's geometry compares in an increasingly competitive category. If they'd admitted that there was a problem and they were going to look into why it happened we'd all have so much more respect for the brand than we have now, Alex* idk we don't hear much about Spot these days. Hopefully they fired their PR guy. I have the same bike reviewed (6 Star XTR build in a Large) and after a few months of riding on my regular trails, I would tend to agree. .css-18bc37s{display:block;font-family:Velo,Velo-fallback,Georgia,Serif;margin-bottom:0.3125rem;margin-top:0;-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;}@media (any-hover: hover){.css-18bc37s:hover{color:link-hover;}}@media(max-width: 61.25rem){.css-18bc37s{font-size:1.125rem;line-height:1.2;}}@media(min-width: 61.25rem){.css-18bc37s{font-size:1rem;line-height:1.2;}}@media(min-width: 64rem){.css-18bc37s{font-size:1.125rem;line-height:1.2;}}The Best Mountain Bike Shorts, Treks Fuel EXe Is the Best e-Mountain Bike of '23, Yetis SB120 Is the Best Trail Bike of 2023, Tested: Liv Intrigue X Advanced E+ Elite E-MTB, Canyon's Neuron Trail Bike Gets Updated for 2023, Reviewed: SRAM's Direct Mount Rear Derailleur, Take Your Mountain Biking to the Next Level, Marin Offers Buy One, Get One Free On Select Bikes. Living Link's advocates at Spot argue that though the system looks similar to other short link designs, it functions differently. The SB100 works best on TV shows and dialogue-heavy movies; those 3-inch midrange drivers improve the clarity and resonance of voices. Yeti previously had the SB100 and SB130 for model year 2020, and while the SB100 is a totally capable XC-ish bike, and the SB130 is a do-it-all trail bike, the gap between the . You'll get a Fox 34 Rhythm and DPS Performance, a SRAM NX Eagle drivetrain, Level T brakes with 180-millimeters rotors and WTB ST i25 TCS rims. Deals. Im riding this out no pun intended. And they all have no idea when they will get more. Its a lousy time to be buying a new bike. It's definitely more XC than trail but more stable and capable than your normal XC bike. In the neutral setting though, youll be sitting behind a 69.2-degree head angle, atop a 74.7-degree seat angle and across a 445-millimeter reach on a large. Except, I had completely botched it, and I was locked into a standstill, staring at the rock in front of me, trackstanding on the Ryve 115. A gear editor for his entire career, Matts journey to becoming a leading cycling tech journalist started in 1995, and hes been at it ever since; likely riding more cycling equipment than anyone on the planet along the way. Any chance at a Banshee Phantom V3 review in the future? But, its not just that the Ryves suspension is tight and efficient, it still feels like it keeps great traction in most places. Their geometry is also slightly different, and the result is their handling more relaxed, and their nature more shreddable. Where does the Ripley fit in the ryve to TB4 spectrum, to the left or right of the Hei Hei? Hammer up whatever you want, the more technical the better, reverse and repeat. How about Spot Ryve 115? They're light and efficient and undoubtedly raceable, but they're more capable and playfulmore suited to baggy shorts and waist packs than a skin suit and power meter. I dunno man, choosing not to get a bike exclusive due to some youtuber drama is a pretty weird reaction. Specialized Status 160 Bike. Spot has always been on my radar for my next bike. Spot began shipping bikes today. It's more about what bike fits your riding style and the category designations confuse things. The base level 4-star build will get you a Fox 34 Step Cast and DPS, both Performance, a SRAM GX drivetrain, Level TL brakes and a BikeYoke Revive dropper. 2021 Spot Brand Ryve 100; The Latest. I recently rode my son's new Devinci Troy (I still consider this a smaller enduro, or possibly a super burly trail) and man did that thing climb amazing! This frame was drawn from the actual bike geometry measurements. Compare the full range View on spotbikes.com Add to Watch List Learn about Spot Report data problem Add to Comparison Similar Bikes Sale Specialized Epic EVO Expert It's light, it's quick, and it's short travel, but it's not an XC race. That living link suspension is extremely unkwue. You call the guy and say hey my porch broke. Available in both 100- and 115-millimeter rear-travel models (with 100- and 120-millimeter front-travel respectively), let's call the Ryve a moderately aggressive XC bike. It's just so much fun to say. First race on them and they flatted on stuff that Maxxis XC tyres shrug off. It feels like the opposite, and that springy thingy Spot is talking about feels like its hard at work, almost helping build to momentum to get the rear wheel over obstacles. Cant this design be expanded to more travel? My budget usually tops out at the $4k mark, which is absurd to me for a bicycle, but you get what you pay for. Bike Rack Designs are Temporary. Singletracks Merch | The base level carbon frame comes with a SRAM GX drivetrain, Fox Performance suspension DT Swiss M1900 Spline wheels and Guide R brakes. With the change, Spot focused on belt drive bikes for a while at first, but seven years after the change of hands, Spot launched its first full suspension mountain bike, the Rollik, a 150mm 27.5-inch bike, in 2016. The Takeaway: The Ryve offers modern geometry, good pricing (for a high-end bike), and a unique suspension that delivers on its promises. Then you see the dropper post, the 66.5-degree head angle and 180mm/160mm brake rotors. Only people in the mountains were reporting the issue! You also get Maxxis Minion DHF/DHR tires, which pretty much sums up what the SB100 is for.

Moxee Mobile Hotspot User Manual, Articles S