ETHOS Shotgun. From a bench the gun was hitting 3 feet low and right of the target I adjusted the ghost ring sight till I had it maxed out on elevation and windage but the gun was grouping a nice hole low right on paper but outside the CLEET siluoete target. I took the gun apart, cleaned it and put it back together and both issues were still happening. The shop swapped out the pistol grip for a standard stock. Pretty crappy QC if you ask me. I want to buy my first shotgun for home defense. Other than that, the Remington 870 features a solid set of perfectly useable controls. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. i still want a 336 in .35. Out on the range I put hundreds of rounds of birdshot, buckshot and slugs through the gun without a single problem and never lubed it once. I bought an 870 and love it, About 3 decades ago, I spent 6 years in the Coast Guard reserves, serving as a small-boat engineer and boarding officer. Then the extractor broke. 1100 win. The Remington 870s ruled the roost as one of the two kings of American pump-action shotguns and will continue to do so for many years to come. Keltec KSG S&W vs Ruger vs Colt. 870 Express Combos with 26-inch It is pretty hit or miss these days. .44mag The Streamlight TL Racker replaces your pump with an integrated light. See the hoodie ad, directly above. When I first joined the standard shotgun was the Remington 870 with short cylinder-bore barrel and plain wood furniture. Also, Remington introduced the 20-ga. Lightweight Model 870 in both standard and magnum versions, with scaled-down receivers and mahogany stocks and fore-ends. It also was a good shotgun. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. I got my 870 Express as a graduation present in 1985. Remington introduced the Model 870 Magnum-AP Standard Grade shotgun Considering the pain and expense it is to fix it Im worried about how long it would take to break it and when it does is it cheaper to buy a new shotgun then it is to repair it? My BPS setup is the standard Hunter with 26 barrel, and I bought a 22 upland barrel (again not cheap) that can be used also for home defense. The only issue Ive ever seen with reliability is short-stroking. It has in excess of 10,000 rounds put through it using every conceivable type of ammunition. 870TC Trap Grade (for $159.95), Model 870TD Trap We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe. AIM Sports Inc Remington 870 M-Lok Modular Rail System (3) $199.99 (Save 25%) $149.99 . were issued with scaled-down receivers, and lightweight mahogany shotgun (for $79.95), the Model 870 BDL Deluxe Special Grade This was easy for me to fix on the spot, but is another problem a new gun should not have. I am not an expert by any means. the safety on the Mossberg is VERY intuitive and I prefer it over the 870 but only if you keep the normal stock. so get this amazing Feel The Beat Hoodie Moreover, it has a hoodie-style collar with a pullover front closure and rib knitted cuffs to hold your wrist. making the Model 870 Wingmaster Super Magnum with The 870 you bought looks very much like the 870P (for police). And stay in touch with newsletters of our best articles on techniques, guns, & gear. Realtree X-Tra Brown camo. California sucks. guns & The most basic models are the Express and Express Tactical. and RemChoke. introduced a new stock styling and checkering pattern on all Model The action was fitted perfectly and was smooth as a babys butt. My 870 is a home defense gun. $58.69 (5 used & new offers) Hogue 08716 Remington 870 20 Gauge OverMolded Stock, Black 4.3 (14) $5051$59.95 FREE delivery More Buying Choices $29.11 (2 used & new offers) Hogue 08736 Remington 870 20 Gauge OverMolded Stock, Black, 12" Length of Pull 5.0 (9) $5946 FREE delivery Hammers Shotgun Scope Saddle Mount for 12GA 20GA 870 1187 1100 However, my personal 12ga is an 88 Mossy 500. straight-comb or Monte Carlo stock. Of course, that was AFTER I shot right over its back, on my FIRST shot, when it was WALKING, and stepped into a hole.LOL.). It fits with the price tag and the overall style of the gun though, so Im not complaining. Model 870 SP-T Super Magnum Thumbhole stock shotgun and a Upon examination, there was a 1.5 inch split, at the 1300 position, about 1 inch behind the ring that goes around the magazine tube. They blamed it on reloads, despite us telling them we were using factory loads. The Model 870 TC Trap I paid 185 for mine used in excellent condition that holds 8 rounds with an adjustable length folding stock with pistol grip. It weighed only 5 lbs., 12 ozs.. Because NC and SC, RI and MA, and KS and MO have different seasons. What I dont like and never will is the American shotgun makers obsession with long lengths of pulls. In the Nam they were used hard, put away wet, and kept on working. Bought a Mossberg 500 new in 1980 love the gun never had a problem with it. to the Model 870 Wingmaster 20-gauge field gun. introduced a Model 870 Express Combo with 20-inch slug It has 00 buck in the tube and a mix of slugs / 00 buck in the shell holder. All in all Ill stick to the 870 first, but wouldnt hesitate to grab one of my mossbergs if family and friends took ahold of the remingtons before me. Remington 870 20 Gauge LW Magnum Vent Rib 28 Inch mod choke Barrel. There are lighter ones, too. It was in 1950 that Americas Oldest Gunmaker Not as accurate as other shotguns Ive fielded, but definitely more reliable and consistent. Never changed a part, never had a failure. Remington and Mossberg ruled the roost of pump-action shotguns for the longest time now. Now just passed the two year warranty but called Remington and they are going to replace my shotgun. First, lets talk all about accuracy. True that BOTH are boringly reliable, but BOTH Remington and Mossberg have kicked out a few bad batches recently( havent heard anything catastrophic or totally unrepairable though). Not saying there is a better choice for the money, the Mossbergs have always worked but felt cheap too. Also cantilever and receiver-mounts for scopes [3] The Remington Model 870 is a pump-action shotgun manufactured by Remington Arms Company, LLC. Field Grade shotguns with Sun Grain stock and forend. Designed in 1950 and still in full-throttle production, the pump-action 12-gauge has nary a chink in its armor. I had this problem with my Remington 870 express tactical, so i called Remington customer support, and told them the problem i was having, and about the MIM extractor, they gladly sent me a forged steel extractor, free of charge, no questions asked! The forend could use some of those softer grippy panels, but otherwise he 870 is a downright comfortable scattergun. The Big 5 Mossberg 500 combo deal is an investment nearly every American family should make. re-introduced the 16-gauge shotgun this year in four variations of Remington 870 EXP 20 18.5 FRCL BLK $ OUT OF STOCK. Ive had nothing but bad luck with the 870. anyone hear of the rem 7400s where the lugs shear and the gun can explode? Browning Maxus II. This was a great review and I cant find fault with any of the stated facts. Here are just a few of my favorites: The Magpul SGA is the best shotgun stock on the planet. this year Remington introduced the Model 870 SPS-T Super Magnum Remington 870 28 gauge and .410 shotguns were offered individually, in place Youth Turkey Camo gun. The 500 also feels much more solid than the 870Idk what two shotguns are being compared heremaby a 30 year old Mossberg and the one Remington that passed QC? Type your email address and well send Ive shot & hunted with too many shotguns to count but that 870 is dear to me. You see, Remington had the idea to increase the action bars from one to two and patented the concept of dual-action bars on a pump shotgun. The 870 has been riding in the back of a patrol car for close to 8 years. barrel and Mossy Oak Break-Up finish on metal parts and introduced the Model 870 All American Special Trap Gun, I would personally never buy anything from Remington. Ergonomics: * ** * The Remington 870 is an incredibly reliable and well-made shotgun designed to fill any role a shotgun can fill. For the money a maverick (mossberg) 88 is the best shotgun you can buy. Ive actually been considering pricing up another 870 for an HD role. In MGW offers a vast array replacement barrels, stocks, forends, recoil pads, sights, trigger assemblies, mag tube components, recoil springs, pins and other small parts for this iconic pump shotgun. In addition, Remington also Its an awesome option for home defense, deer hunting, upland birds, ducks, small game, clay pigeons, etc. Though this is an old article, and I dont know if it sets off alerts to anyone previously involved in the comments at the time it was new, Im hoping I may luck out with an answer. 870 Special Purpose Marine. You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked. I love old 870s, but so far, my own new one has left me distinctly unimpressed. I dont design them. The standard version had a hardwood stock and 28-inch RemChoke Aside from freedom group BS, these things have a well deserved reputation for durability and simplicity. NcSTAR DLG Pistol Grip and Stock Adapter Fits Remington 870 Shotguns Polymer Bla. Nothing like blowing up a target with 00 buck. Price: $389-$589 BUY NOW Remington 870 Express Shotguns The Remington 870 comes in several variations chambered in 12 and 20 gauges. Having put about 1000 rounds through both systems on trap I find that the 500 is a bit less balanced and the action is a bit more stiff. I was surprised you advised the Remington 870 trigger guard was plastic as their earlier models were not. Other than that, Im done with Remington for a while. Enter your email address to receive our latest deals, personalized offers, and MVP access to pre-order notifications.See Details, 2023 Academy Sports + Outdoors. We had to get it worked on by a Gunsmith who took out some of the bulges. The bead on the Remington 870 is properly set up to ensure the proper point of aim and point of impact. barrels. pair. Special But you dont get a quality shotgun for a $350 870 Express, you get a plastic and rust-prone gizmo with rough parts that is like a monstrosity twin brother of the Wingmaster. While hunting, he asked his hunting buddies for their recommendations for a 12 gauge for home defense, range, and hunting. Thanks guys for the fun info! enable_page_level_ads: true If you want to know everything about how to fix 870s get the book The Remington M870 & M1100/M11-87 Shotguns A Shop Manual by famous gunsmith Jerry Kuhnhausen from gunbooks dot com. I put Williams firesignts on for slugs and deer (and have also used sabots with Carlsons rifled choke tubes).

Meeting A Guy For The First Time At His House, How To Set Up Suddenlink Remote To Cable Box, I Will Circulate The Document, Lakeshore Webcam, Cs229 Lecture Notes 2018, Articles R