This Fitness Model is Creating Opportunities for Adaptive Athletes. The key is to hang on to the weight until you've completed all the movements. Finally, we take everything weve built so far and use it to create a physique that not only looks great but performs at a high level. I was thinking about doing the hiit workout on off days but dont want to strain any muscles. All rights reserved. After, Nikki. A quick note here. I have an adjustable dumbbell set, each side up to 50 lbs (5-6 270 lbs male). Benefits: Total leg developer, corrects any muscle imbalances between legs. In the same vein, you can use just dumbbells to get a shredded physique. For example, squat for legs, bench press for chest, and rowing for the back. Pullover 10. Fast . Alternating Bicep Curl: 8 reps each side, 2 sets. Warm-Up: General warm-up 5 mins, 10 standing twists, 10 arm circles forward/back. Stay equipped! Incline Dumbbell Lying Row: 3 sets x 10 reps. Dumbbell Push Press: 3 sets x 10 reps. Dumbbell Zottman Curl: 3 sets x 10 reps. Dumbbell Tricep Kickback: 3 sets x 10 reps. V Ups: 3 sets x 10-15 reps. You can do these workouts on alternative days. Repeat. As an intermediate weight lifter, you can begin to lift heavier weights and incorporate more exercises. It can be performed as a complete workout program for up to 8 weeks. Id recommend HIIT after your workouts on your work out days and a lower intensity form of cardio on your off/recovery days. Be it for the chest, back, shoulders, abs, arms or even legs, there are a number of dumbbell only workouts that give the same result as those fancy gym machines. At that point you may want to consider increasing the volume of the workouts or change up your routine to include more of a variety of equipment. This means you are following a dumbbell workout 4 times during each week, and repeating this for 12 weeks. This is an explosive dumbbell lift that works your shoulders, back, biceps, brachialis, and legs, in one exercise. This also helps avoid one side of your body overcompensating for the other. DOWNLOAD EXERCISES PDF. Estimated Workout Duration: 45-60 minutes including warm-up. and can feel a definable difference. ), Does Anytime Fitness Have Punching Bags? Dumbbells are one of the oldest forms of resistance training and can definitely be used to build muscle. 4. In the current world of fitness, were spoiled for choice when it comes to equipment. Pro Tips: Keep the head up at all times and dont allow the knees to cave in toward each other. The dumbbell single-leg RDL is one of the harder dumbbell leg exercises to do. Estimated Workout Duration: 30-45 minutes including warm-up. Dumbbells will create resistance during movements which will activate your muscles and help them develop and grow. Is there a routine I should look at? How to do it: Perform as straight sets, completing all the prescribed sets for one exercise before moving on to the next. The program requires you to complete 4 workouts per week with each workout dedicated to specific body parts. Flat Chest Press (bench press). Size. Intermediate trainers should complete between six and ten repetitions for each set to failure. Workout for beginning and intermediate weight lifters (pdf). On two of these days, you can take rest, because taking enough rest is crucial for the recovery of muscles, and to make you ready for the next weeks workouts. The 12 Week Dumbbell Workout Plan PDF in this article covers several phases of fitness training, all using only the simple dumbbell. As a newbie, what is the best way of choosing startingweights and/or adjusting during the program? Although it would be tempting to do a completely different workout every day for the 12 weeks (to keep things new and exciting), this workout plan is focused on getting results, and therefore focuses on the movements and exercises that will provide you with the most value which is why these fundamental exercises are repeated each week for the total duration of the plan. Side Lateral Raises. This means the dumbbells should be heavy enough to allow you to reach failure within that range. Lateral Raises 8. This dumbbell program has many benefits for those who do it in the gym or at home. (Heres the Truth! How-To Perform Dumbbell Single Arm Snatch: Benefits: Total body explosive pulling power, very athletic movement, great core exercise. Leaning Dumbbell Lateral Raises: 3 sets x 15 reps. Dumbbell Bicep Curl: 3 sets x 15 reps. Heavier dumbbells would be best, but you can use those and make the best out of them. Once the workouts start to feel static, add weight or reps, or decrease the reps. Do whatever you can to challenge yourself every time! My 'gut' is the add'l Core Routine you recommend but if not, any of the days/positions you'd recommend? Maintain an adequate diet and get plenty of sleep to give your body the support it needs to grow muscles. Pro Tips: Start with a light weight and practice good technique before progressing this exercise. The goal here is pretty simple: combine suitable resistance and metabolic fatigue to stimulate the muscle tissue to grow. This also makes it easier to track your progress for specific exercises and movements. Connect one end to a solid object and the other around your ankles. We can also engage different stabilizer muscles by using dumbbells. The golden rule of resistance training, and this workout plan, is to keep challenging your muscles. 5-10 minutes of stretching, including both static and dynamic movements, would be recommended. The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly. Or similarly, you may decide to take a few weeks or months off from this style of training and opt to include some barbell work or something completely different like bodyweight or calisthenic workouts (our guide on the best calisthenic chest workout is worth looking at). Consider this a custom addition to the program. Forward most fitness enthusiasts, hitting the gym regularly might look same the only method to reach their dreamer physique. Best rep range: 12-16. You can train your chest, shoulder, and triceps on day 1; Back, biceps, and wrist on day two, and legs on day three in the PPL workout program. Stiff Leg Deadlift (AKA Romanian Deadlift). 4. Let us know how you go with the 12-week dumbbell workout plan or post any questions in the comments. Are we supposed to increase reps as each week goes on? Hope this helps. Pro Tips: Keep the posture upright throughout the exercise and keep the feet hip-width apart to avoid losing balance. Yes, you can train all your muscles using no extra equipment but dumbbells. Move 1: Dumbbell Chest Press . Check your posture: Your spine should be straight and long, chest up and open, shoulders back. Doing the dumbbell push, pull, legs for 6 days a week allows you to train your major muscles twice a week. Basically, it is all up to you to decide which workout split to follow. Deadlift 3. Make sure the final week of this phase is a deload week, meaning you get plenty of rest, and only lift 50% of your normal numbers. (Heres the Truth! Again, the dumbbell single-arm snatch is great as it adds a rotational element to the core strengthening aspect of the movement. Just got a set of Nordic Track adjustable (5-55 lbs) dumbbells and a pull-up bar so I'm excited to see if I can really see results in 8 weeks. Two Body Parts a Day Workout RoutinePHAT Workout RoutinePHUL Workout Routine. Similarly, equipment like the Terra Core is multipurpose and can be used as a base to perform dumbbell exercises too. I'm getting married this summer and we will be back home in Croatia so I'd really like to feel comfortable in my beach body and the stomach is a big part of that ;). Hi, Nadia. Dumbbell Triceps Kickback. Leg Exercises Dumbbells are great for working the major muscles groups in your lower body, including your gluetal muscles, hamstrings, and quadriceps. Recommended: Need help building muscle? Now I feel better and don't know if it's better to maybe start this "3 day" training - it's shorter and I will have more time to proper recover Or just go again with "5 day"? This 5 day dumbbell only workout program only requires dumbbells and is perfect for those looking to build lean muscle mass at home or on the go! By MICHAEL PIERCY, MS and CSCS Published: Jun 22, 2019 Previously was doing a Hiit workout. Copyright 2023 Exercise With Style - All Rights Reserved. Keep your back flat - imagine you have a vase of flowers balanced on your lower back. Here is the printable 5 day dumbbell workout plan that you can download, keep in your phone or print, and access any time! You'll get off the ground a little bit, but you don't want to be jumping around a lot. For your upper arms, you can perform specific exercises with dumbbells to strengthen them, as illustrated in these printables: Working your abdominals does not require the use of dumbbells. Place a dumbbell across the hip of the leg you're not raising. Dumbbells usually increase by a weight of 2-2.5kgs, or 5lbs. It can be divided into full-body, abs, upper body, and lower body workouts. Actually, I think as long as you're careful, HIIT will be ok for you. This 'Ninja Warrior' Will Help You Master Your First Pullup, Tips for Maximizing Life and Fitness from a Tech Exec and Top Athlete, WWEs Carmella talks Love, Heartbreak, and Motivation, Caesar Bacarella Is Building a Fitness Empire at Full Speed, Whitney Jones Can Break, But Can Never Be Broken, Yarishna Ayala Shares Advice for Future Wellness Division Competitors, The 'Dos' and 'Donts' of Bill Gillespies Record-Breaking Bench Press, The 50 Best Fitness Influencers on Instagram, Tips for Making Any Running Surface Your Marathon Course, This 'High-Level' Workout Is Built for All Athletic Levels, The 3-Day Thanksgiving Weekend Workout Plan, This 28-Year-Old with CRPS Just Held a Plank For More Than 9 Hours. Whats better standing db curl or incline db check. If so, which one? One Arm Dumbbell Row 3 6 - 12 Standing Dumbbell Curl 3 6 - 12 Two Arm Seated Dumbbell Extension 3 6 - 12 Sit Up 3 10 - 25 Wednesday Exercise Sets Reps Full Body Dumbbell Step Up 3 6 - 12 Dumbbell Stiff Leg Deadlift 3 6 - 12 Seated Dumbbell Press 3 6 - 12 Standing One Leg Dumbbell Calf Raise 3 10 - 20 Dumbbell Shrug 3 10 - 15 Dumbbell Side Bends . Take our Free Muscle Building Course. I'm considering adding a Hollow-Hold Single Arm Dumbbell Chest Press and Plank Dumbbell Pull-through (I used to do these when in shape). This means you are following a dumbbell workout 4 times during each week, and repeating this for 12 weeks. Printable Dumbbell Exercise Chart Can I workout with dumbbells everyday? Also, my heart rate is generally very low when I lift weight (zone 1-2). There aren't any disadvantages to the additional exercises as long as your recovery is still going as it should be. It can. This program calls for you to work out 3 times a week. You may not see anything in the exercises listed below that screams "core" like, say, the hollow-body rock from my "Quick Total-Body Workout," but trust me, you'll feel these where you should. First up, we have the muscular endurance phase. To help you with your chest workout, you can print these illustrated and written instructions: Exercises for the shoulders strengthen the deltoids, which are a band of muscles along the front, top, and rear of your shoulder girdle. Dumbbells are free weights that provide a great range of motion, single-limb development, and accessibility. I have been just adding some addition sets of different exercises since I had time for a 45 minute workout. These techniques can help push you past plateaus and realize new growth. Congrats on the future marriage and the progress, JB. Let the weights dangle down by. The final complex in this workout will test your conditioning. For bigger quads, hamstrings, and glutes, this dumbbell move is a must-include. Legs - Goblet squat, pause squat, stiff-legged deadlift, lunges. Before you get going on the workout, grab a 10-12-pound dumbbell and warm up by doing the following: Once you've completed the warm-up, grab a set of dumbbellsand get your mind ready. Complexes are great because they force you to complete a high-volume workout in a short amount of time. Includes sharp illustrations and detailed descriptions on eight key arm exercises (Dumbbell Curl, Alternate Dumbbell Curl, Barbell Curl, Concentration Curl, Preacher Curl, Reverse Curl, Wrist Curl, Reverse Wrist Curl), and a breakdown of the major muscles of the region. Wrist Extension 7. Try these following illustrations and instructions to ensure proper form as you exercise your back: As you progress, you may add additional exercises, such as pull ups. Uses these illustrated printables to guide you as you exercise your legs: If you'd like to do exercises that focus on smaller muscle groups, you may need to add a weight machine that has leg press and leg extension capability. Thank you for the help. Each complex will challenge you in a unique way. Because compound workouts strengthen and . Warm-Up: 10 standing twists, 10 leg swings forward/back and side to side, 10 arm circles forward/back, 2-3 warm-up sets of all exercises. Chest, back, shoulders, abs, legs, and arms. 29209. This exercise is also great for building balance and athletic ability. I agree, Michael. This will be a full-body program, training three days per week. Adding bodyweight movements into it would be better for sure. Consistent effort pays off. For example, the maximum weight you can lift for a dumbbell sumo deadlift will likely be much higher than what you can lift for a negative bicep curl. I'd love to toss in a bit more variety, and especially see some greater gains in chest and arms, but I don't want to lose the tightening of my stomach and the increase in my thighs. Estimated Workout Duration: 60-90 minutes including warm-up. As we mentioned earlier, take proper rest between two workout days. Perform 5 times, resting 60-90 seconds between rounds. For pure hypertrophy, the recommended range is anywhere from 6-20 repetitions, with the most common suggestion being around 8-12. Dumbbell variations of many popular exercises will also offer additional benefits around balance and stability because you have to lift each dumbbell up separately. If you have access to a good range of weights with dumbbells, you can build a complete physique with no other equipment guaranteed. Perfect thank you. You can run through the program from start to finish, or try the different phases and spend longer developing those if it suits your goals. Printable Workout PDF Workout Summary This 12 week workout plan uses a 4 day split. Thank you for signing up. Muscular strength exercises can be a great complement to cardiovascular training. This exercise develops coordination and power from head to toe, with pretty much every major muscle group getting involved. Now is my question - I made all "4 day dumbbell training" and then 8 weeks of "5 day training" but 2 weeks ago I had back pain and received pills for it (muscle problems). The goals of this phase are to build correct movement patterns, prep the joints, tendons, and connective tissues, and build some aerobic capacity for later phases. In the PDF day 3 exercise 3 the title says "One-Arm Dumbbell Press" but it looks like it's supposed to say "One-Arm Dumbbell Row". women can expect after a month of weight lifting, Buyers Guide to Cold Plunge Pools and Baths, Oblique Crunches How to Perform & Benefits, Build Functional Strength and Lean Muscle, Quads, Glutes, Hamstrings, Calves, Shoulders, Lats, Core, Shoulders, Lats, Quads, Glutes, Hamstrings, Calves. All the best on your recovery and thank you for reading M&S! Specifically, theyre some of the best at each phase of the program. Columbia, It may not look like much, but if you spend a little time in a split stance, you'll see why I use this as a finisher. Start with this, and as you improve and get better, get a feel for doing the extra days. As far as equipment goes having a dumbbell lying around doesnt take up much space, there easily accessible and can be found in the dinkiest of hotel fitness center or a family members garage. Like many other forms of squat, the dumbbell variation is the king of lower body exercises. Warm-Up: General warm-up 5 mins, 10 standing twists, 10 leg swings forward/back and side to side, 10 arm circles forward/back, 2-3 warm-up sets of all exercises. If you are not sure about form, examine the printables carefully. Dumbbells can be used by beginners, intermediate, and advanced fitness enthusiasts. 1180 First Street South Ext, Maximize Your Workout Results With Our Printable Dumbbell Workout. 30 min of my day, 3 days a week, and already feeling results. The workouts are beginner friendly, but by selecting heavier dumbbells, they can be scaled up for elite athletes too. The Workout. Wrist Curls and Reverse Wrist Curls - 4 supersets of 15 reps each. Dumbbells do not need to be as heavy as you might think. Hi, I have been following this program for a a few months and am liking it a lot. By doing the same weekly routine, it will be very clear how you are progressing, as you can compare your efforts from week 1 to week 12, and hopefully see vast improvements in total volume or resistance lifted. Keep your legs and arms about shoulder-width apart and your knees slightly bent Bend no further than a 45-degree angle, bracing your core and keeping your back straight Lift the weights upward in a straight line, exhaling as you go Keep your wrists stiff and don't move your legs As people tend to become more and more sedentary with age, hitting the gym or designing a home workout with some dumbbells can be a real game changer to living a fuller, happier and more independent life.. Printable Dumbbell Workout Chart With Schedule (Dumbbell Only Workout Chart) This 12 week program is divided into three phases. I would also suggest pullovers for those that want a pulling motion with a dumbbell. Resistance training of any kind is a fundamental pillar for overall health and thats why this sort of dumbbell workout plan shouldnt be seen as only for those looking to build muscle mass or get shredded, but rather something everyone can leverage to look and feel healthier than ever before. Its really important to warm up and stretch before any sort of workout, even resistance training. Incline Dumbbell Bench Press 4 8 - 12 4. You got multiple dumbbell exercises for all your key muscle groups viz. Combine all these exercises, do the right ones with the proper form, and you can also chase your fitness goals from your home gym. Suitable for all levels. Dumbbell will do the rest of the work but depending up on it to do everything will not be helpful. Its perfect for those who work out at home, travel and are on the road a lot, or beginners who are new to weight lifting. The first time you do the routine, just work through each complex as best as you can, and don't worry if it feels a bit awkward or the weights you have aren't ideal. The level of difficulty of the exercises can be adjusted based on the weight of the dumbbells and the complexity of the movements. SC, The 12-Week Dumbbell Workout Plan (with pdf) is designed to take you through multiple phases of fitness. Feel free to add cardio and ab specific training as you see fit. Hinge forward at your waist and pull your abs in. Overhead Dumbbell Tricep Extension 3 8 - 12 7. But when push comes to press, dumbbell training offer a lot more versatility. Check it out below if you want to know! 1. Benefits: Functional movement pattern, trains balance, stretch while strengthening. That determines your guide for food. Keep your eyes on the dumbbell and your shoulder locked into the socket. I haven't done any ab workouts and my cardio is about 50-100km cycling a week (that's been happening for over a year) but i haven't begun fitting well into things until this workout. Incorporating an appropriate amount of rest in your weightlifting routine is essential towards maintaining growth and avoiding injury. Achieve your fitness goals quicker with help from Alpha Progression, our top pick for fitness apps this year.. During the split switch, try to keep your hips as low as possible. Youll need to stick to these to let your energy systems recover and perform the next set. 30 Day Dumbbell Challenge | Dumbbell Fitness | Printable Dumbbell Exercise | Fitness Planner 5 out of 5 stars (343) $ 2.66. Its very easy to simply pick up a pair of dumbbells and start doing bicep curls or an dumbbell overhead squat, but to really achieve your fitness goals, its always recommended to follow a more structured plan. Now that we have discussed with you an entire workout program that you can do without any extra equipment other than dumbbells, you may be wishing for a printable pdf of the entire exercise routine. Dumbbell workouts for men (Chest) Chest is a very big muscle and it does take some time to build your chest muscles.

Bill Burkett Heaters, Reboot Vera Plus, Baby Monkey Drowns To Death, Articles P