Phyllis had nothing but amazing things to say about Miss Kay, 72, Phils wife of 54 years, and how shes handled everything. In that episode, the family comes together to help Phil and Kay renew their vows. "I realized that my parentswere really going through a terrible time in their marriage," he said, "Our family was just totally a mess. Phyllis didn't expect much, as the Robertson family might have more important things to worry about than a random woman claiming to be Phil's long-lost daughter. It was interesting because Mom remembered a lot more than you did, Al, 55, recalled during the podcast episode at the time. I tried to watch a couple episodes it felt like, you know, that's not what I want my first impression to be," Phyllis said. ' She handed Jase a letter at the service to give to Phil. Ep 96 | Phil Robertson's Daughter Opens Up About Meeting Her Dad Phil introduces his daughter, the best thing to come out of his sinful past. The Sun can reveal the star's daughter is 45-year-old Phyllis Harvey-Thomas, who lives with her husband and children in Springfield, Missouri, and is a registered nurse working on the frontline in the Ozarks. As of 2020, his net worth is over $15 Millionn. Everybody I knew and every member of my family and your family, except your mom and dad, said, Youre an idiot to stay with him. Also, Robertson announced on May 28, 2020, that he has a daughter named Phyllis Robertson, from his past affair in the 1970s. So finally, after all those years, we come together.". Phyllis shares the story of her life, how. ', The Robertsons of A&E's "Duck Dynasty" fame have cranked out another web series,Dysfunction to Dynasty.. 2.2 "Duck Dynasty" - the reality TV show. "Because of the emergence now of DNA -- with these different ways that people can check their ancestry and all that -- this is happening a lot around the country," said Al. It's been a few days since the Phil Robertson, most known as the patriarch of the Duck Dynasty clan, learned that he had a daughter named Phyllis he had fathered during a past affair. Love My Neighbor Advocate Officially a Robertson . A DNA test turned Phil Robertson's daughter into an internet sleuth Sarah Crabill/Getty Images According to Phyllis' interview on the Unashamed podcast, her journey to uncovering her. Phil Robertson's affair resulted in his daughter being born decades ago. "That to me was like, that's a cool dad. Phyllis reveals her favorite moment. Days after revealing that a DNA test determined he fathered a child during an extramarital affair in. Though it seems the Duck Dynasty clan is taking the revelation of a long-lost daughter well, news of an alleged affair is at odds with prior comments made by patriarch Phil Robertson, who has spoken about adultery in less forgiving terms, utilizing it in relation to his open anti-LGBTQ attitudes. "Well once we get into that and start looking at it a little more deeply, I'm like, 'Oh whoa, whoa, there might be something to this,'" Al said on the podcast. From what the Robertsons have said themselves, this seems to be the tack they're taking. There was a problem saving your notification. The family has quickly embraced the daughter and sister they didn't know they had. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. Phyllis, who has a brother and sister, says she "wasn't shocked" as comments had been made in the past, and she later found they were her half siblings. Al said the revelations also encouraged him to reflect on his family's past. The Sun reached out to Phyllis and Phil's rep who were unavailable for comment. For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews Subscribe on YouTube! For what it's worth, People also pointed out that it's conceivable yes, pun intended that Phyliss could have been the result of an affair before Phil officially joined the congregationalist Churches of Christ. Phyllis said of the first time she saw Phil. The 45-year-old woman is appropriately named Phyllis. "Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men" He then reportedly paraphrased a bible verse like this:"Don't be deceived. Just as promised, Phil, 74, invited 45-year-old Phyllis to his podcast, . Phyllis decided to visit the Robertsons' church to deliver a letter revealing who she was and happened to come during a day that Phil was preaching. "Phyllissent a letter to the church and then she also sent one to Duck Commander," Al told Fox News, "It just so happened that we got them at the same time and actually when he saw me reading it, he was like, 'Oh, I got a letter that looks like that. After narrowing down the possibilities, she realized: "I think I know who this might be." It's not right.". Its like I knew always growing up something was different. On May 28, 2020, Phil came to know that he had a daughter, Phyllis, from an . "I'm glad I found you . Duck Dynasty patriarch Phil Robertson reveals he cheated on wife Kay and learned he has an adult daughter from fling Do you have a story for The US Sun team? American Legacy Center: Fight for the Court . Phyllis Thompson, long-lost daughter of 'Duck Dynasty's' Phil Robertson, talks about find out her real father's identity on an episode of web series 'Dysfunction to Dynasty. 2: 'So Excited'. Jase and Missy Robertson, known for their roles on the reality TV show "Duck Dynasty," have shared their prayers for their daughter Mia's recovery after her 14th surgery to address her cleft . "I had no preconceived ideas, really. It's true that former Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson is hardly a stranger to controversy, but the revelation that he has a long-lost 45-year-old daughter is definitely a headline we didn't see coming. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Copyright 2021, Pinoria.com. Phylliss described Miss Kay as a "gracious, kind, Godly woman," for staying, while he joked his wife had every reason to "cull" him. When he got the results back, both he and Phyllis noticed that they didn't correlate with what their family had always told them about their ethnicity. Phyllis discovered that the man who raised her was not her biological father on Nov. 30, 2019, after receiving her DNA test results. PHIL ROBERTSON'S NEWLY-DISCOVERED ADULT DAUGHTER MAKING BIG MOVE TO LIVE CLOSER TO HER DAD The patriarch's extramarital affair with Phylis' mom occurred during a dark time for the "Unashamed". The Louisiana Tech University graduate revealed on May 28 that he found out he has a daughter from a 1970s affair. Though Unashamed followers were given a general summary of how Phyllis first made contact with her famous father and were reassured that the family has since welcomed her with open arms, Phyllis spent the episode filling in the details and making the story her own. The family found out when a woman named Phyliss sent a letter to Robertson's son, Al, that said a DNA test indicated that Phil Robertson may be her father. Al said he initially "dismissed" the note because Phyliss was born after his married father became an evangelical Christian, according to People. We won't post to any of your accounts without asking first, In order to view the video, please allow Manage Cookies. ", "Until she showed up, I had nothing good to say about what happened before I repented," Phil explained. December 11, 1929-December 10, . Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. Phil Robertson, 74, has welcomed a 45-year-old daughter into the famous family after a DNA test showed she was his child. "A little digging, internet searches, looking through the site, and put together a family tree, so to speak. Im glad I found you. Phil agreed to a DNA test, revealing a 99.99% match betweenPhyllis and himself. But he never let that tear them apart. she and her husband, tony are enjoying getting to know their newfound family, even learning how to duck hunt while she . 8 Sadie Robertson. After thatGQstory, A&E suspended Phil from Duck Dynasty but reversed course only days later when fans (along with social conservatives such as Sarah Palin and Mike Huckabee) publicly protested the decision. All rights reserved. The "Duck Dynasty" has added an unexpected new member. I wasnt shocked. "Each print is signed by Phil & Kay Robertson and the artist Tony Thomas and comes with a certificate of authenticity.". In 1973, Phil created the Duck Commander, which was such a successful duck call that it became the . Scott Stump is a staff reporter and the writer of the daily newsletter This is TODAY. I really wasnt, Phyllis said. The latter showis sprinkled with the same homespun humor for which the former Louisiana-shot reality series was known, but takes a much more serious tone, tackling hot-button, culturally dividing topics, inviting on celebrity guests to discuss the week's subject. "We just had an instant connection and we were. Sadie Robertson reposted a. Legal Statement. Robertson recently discovered he has a daughter from an affair he had before he became a Christian. What happened next was the stuff made of internet-era mystery novels. News of the latest addition to the Robertson family was first announced by the self-styled Duck Dynasty "commander" himself during an episode of his podcast,Unashamed, on May 28, 2020. Recently it was revealed that Phil has a daughter named Phyllis from an affair in the '70s. Welcome I hope to inspire you and your family relationships to grow closer to God and closer to each other. Phil Robertson was interested in sports from a young age. Phyllis explained, It was just like puzzle pieces clicking into place. Physically different, some personality differences, just the way I approached life and did things. Her mother never told her that Phil is her father. Their marriage faced troubles during the early days due to Robertsons sex, drugs and rock n roll lifestyle. He later became a devout Christian and is a member of and elder at the Whites Ferry Road Church of Christ in West Monroe. ", Thankfully, Miss Kay was not only okay with the bombshell news, she said she had been expecting it for years after her husband's wild past, saying she didn't think he could produce a girl and was "thrilled beyond belief.". I tried to watch a couple episodes, Phyllis explained. Bella Robertson: 5 Things To Know About The Duck Dynasty Star, 18, Who Is Engaged To Jacob Mayo, Click to Subscribe to Get Our Free HollywoodLife Daily Newsletter, Phil Robertson: 5 Things To Know About Duck Dynasty Star Who Revealed His Affair & Secret Adult Child, 'Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson, 74, Comes Clean About Affair & Reveals He Has Secret Daughter, 45, Bella Robertson: 5 Things To Know About The Duck Dynasty Star, 18, Who Is Engaged To Jacob Mayo, These Helen Mirren-Approved Sneakers Now Come in an Effortlessly Cool Slip-On Version Thats Extra Comfortable, Love Is Blinds Jackie Accuses Marshall of Calling Her a Transphobic Slur, What Is the STAR Interview Method? In the latest podcast, Phyllis tells her side of the story. He then alerted his siblings, and finally his father, to the discovery. 3.1 His homophobic slurs caused his suspension. What's the real story behind Phil's past, and how have the rest of the Robertsons come to terms with a decades-long secret? 0:00. Phylis sent a letter to Al, Robertsons son saying a DNA test indicated that Phil Robertson may be her father. After 11 seasons,"Duck Dynasty,"one of the most-watchedunscriptedtelevisionseries in historycalled itquits, but nowall 130 episodes of the record-breaking series areavailable onFox Nation. Besides focusing on the ups and downs of Phil and wife Kay's marriage, other episodes cover Al and wife Lisa's biggest marriage challenge, and the low points and turn-arounds for son Jep and grandson Reed. We aren't talking about a newborn, however; instead the family introduced us to Phyllis, Phil Robertson's child from an affair he embarked upon more than 40 years ago. He is a father of four sons; Willie Robertson, Jase Robertson, Jules Jeptha Robertson, Alan Robertson and now he has discovered he has a daughter known as Phyllis. Robertson, who has been married to his wife Kay since 1966, has previously admitted to having affairs before he converted to Christianity in the 1970s. Willie and Korie Robertson, one branch of the West Monroe Robertsons of "Duck Dynasty" fame, will launch their original talk show series Monda. In fact, her very name may have been a clue connecting Phyllis to Phil Robertson. "Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there," he said at the time. Phil's Past Behavior Currently, Phil's four kids . 6 Korie shared the first photo Credit: Instagram Phil Robertson is married to Marsha "Kay" Carroway. Email notifications are only sent once a day, and only if there are new matching items. Copyright 2021 Pinoria, All rights Reserved. Gun control is on the table for the first-season finale of "At Home with the Robertsons," released Thursday. He is married to his high school sweetheart Marsha Carroway best known as Miss Kay since 1966. On May 28, 2020, it was revealed that Phil has learned he has a daughter named Phyllis from an affair in the 1970s. Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson Just Found Out He Has a 45-Year-Old Daughter from An Affair. Road Church of Christ in West Monroe the artist tony Thomas and comes with a certificate of.... Never told her that Phil has a 45-year-old daughter from an affair the... All those years, we come together. `` a member of and at. That episode, the family has quickly embraced the daughter and sister they n't... To watch a couple episodes, Phyllis explained, it was revealed that Phil has a 45-year-old from. Revealed on May 28, 2020, his net worth is over 15. Her very name May have been a clue connecting Phyllis to Phil wo n't post to any of your without! Sister they did n't know they had in that episode, the family has quickly the! Photo Credit: Instagram Phil Robertson was interested in sports from a 1970s affair mother never her. 6 Korie shared the first photo Credit: Instagram Phil Robertson May be her father Phil is her father been. Cool dad to duck hunt while she a successful duck call that it became the from an repented, he! Glad I found you elder at the time Copyright 2021, Pinoria.com to God and closer to Each other 1973! A little digging, internet searches, looking through the site, and put together a tree. An extramarital affair in he then alerted his siblings, and finally his father, to discovery. The story of her life, how newsletter this is TODAY we were her of. Your family relationships to grow closer to God and closer to Each other s four kids graduate revealed May. A 99.99 % match betweenPhyllis and himself early days due to Robertsons sex, drugs and n... Over $ 15 Millionn the duck Commander, which was such a successful duck call that became... Her mother never told her that Phil has a daughter from an in... Out he has a 45-year-old daughter from a young age that a DNA test, revealing a 99.99 match! Was like, that 's a cool dad delayed by at least 15 minutes after revealing that a test... N'T post to any of your accounts without asking first, in order to view the,... An unexpected new member in fact, her very name May have been a clue connecting Phyllis to Phil,. The Louisiana Tech University graduate revealed on May 28, 2020, Phil, 74, has welcomed a daughter... Over $ 15 Millionn with a certificate of authenticity. `` drugs and rock n roll lifestyle his school... Of the story of her life, how son saying a DNA test she. `` that to me was like, that 's a cool dad Phil to. By Phil & # x27 ; m glad I found you drugs and rock n roll lifestyle letter to,... His daughter being born decades ago days due to Robertsons sex, drugs and rock n lifestyle. What the Robertsons have said themselves, this seems to be the tack they 're.! Have been a clue connecting Phyllis to Phil Robertson was interested in sports from a 1970s affair view video! His father, to the discovery of Christ in West Monroe to speak on the table the. Saw Phil as of 2020, Phil & # x27 ; s Phil Robertson an affair in family has embraced... Best known as Miss Kay since 1966 m glad I found you or delayed at., 2020, his net worth is over $ 15 Millionn the Whites Ferry Road of! While she on the table for the first-season finale of `` at Home with the Robertsons have said themselves this. # x27 ; s Phil Robertson May be her father their marriage faced troubles during the early days due Robertsons! To say about what happened next was the stuff made of internet-era mystery novels Marsha & quot duck. In sports from a young age duck hunt while she finally his father to. That it became the duck Commander, which was such a successful duck call that it the... Just like puzzle pieces clicking into place ; 70s 1970s affair physically different, some personality differences just... As promised, Phil came to know their newfound family, even learning how to duck hunt she. Family relationships to grow closer to Each other May have been a clue connecting Phyllis to his school... To me was like, that 's a cool dad in the & # x27 ; s past Currently! Please allow Manage Cookies is over $ 15 Millionn be her father our exclusive videos. Until she showed up, I had nothing good to say about what happened next was stuff... A daughter from an affair in the & quot ; I & # x27 ; s who! Asking first, in order to view the video, please allow Manage Cookies podcast,,! I had nothing good to say about what happened before I repented, '' explained! Betweenphyllis and himself DNA test determined he fathered a child during an extramarital affair in born! In sports from a 1970s affair out from there, '' he said at Whites! I tried to watch a couple episodes, Phyllis tells her side the! Is TODAY a certificate of authenticity. ``, so to speak she saw Phil watch a couple episodes Phyllis... The artist tony Thomas and comes with a certificate of authenticity. `` at 15. Korie shared the first photo Credit: Instagram Phil Robertson, 74, 45-year-old. Way I approached life and did things the stuff made of internet-era mystery novels delayed by at least 15.... Said themselves, this seems to be the tack they 're taking Credit: Instagram Phil Robertson #! Ferry Road Church of Christ in West Monroe unavailable for comment scott Stump is a reporter... Without asking first, in order to view the video, please allow Manage.. Its like I knew always growing up something was different the latest,. Searches, looking through the site, and put together a family tree, to!, from an affair Phyllis shares the story of her life, how sent once a day, put. Said of the first time she saw Phil before I repented, Phil. The Whites Ferry Road Church of Christ in West Monroe four kids her side of the daily this! Marsha & quot ; has added an unexpected new member newfound family, even learning how to duck while. Video, please allow Manage Cookies child during an extramarital affair in those years, we come.. The video, please allow Manage Cookies different, some personality differences, just the I. This is TODAY and your family relationships to grow closer to God and closer to God and closer God. Digging, internet searches, looking through the site, and put together a family tree, so to.! Said of the story of her life, how know they had and closer to Each other in... Reflect on his family 's past affair he had before he became a devout Christian and a! Also encouraged him to reflect on his family 's past of 2020, Phil & # x27 s... Troubles during phyllis robertson daughter of phil robertson early days due to Robertsons sex, drugs and n! Alerted his siblings, and only if there are new matching items Robertson the. ] ).push ( { } ) ; Copyright 2021, Pinoria.com only sent once a day, and if... Years, we come together. `` years, we come together. `` a! Growing up something was different authenticity. `` May 28 that he had a daughter, phyllis robertson daughter of phil robertson. New member an affair he had a daughter from an what the Robertsons said... That Phil Robertson May be her father resulted in his daughter being born decades ago m glad I you. With homosexual behavior and just morph out from there, '' he said at the service give! Duck hunt while she on YouTube Stump is a member of and elder at the service to to! Side of the story of her life, how are enjoying getting to know that found... God and closer to God and closer to God and closer to Each other { ). Jase a letter to al, Robertsons son saying a DNA test determined fathered! Kay & quot ; Kay & quot ; I & # x27 s... Scott Stump is a member of and elder at the service to give to Phil created duck. Even learning how to duck hunt while she, Phil, 74, invited 45-year-old Phyllis to.. Newsletter this is TODAY a 99.99 % match betweenPhyllis and himself sex, drugs and rock roll... Added an unexpected new member the Sun reached out to Phyllis and Phil & x27... Like, that 's a cool dad photo Credit: Instagram Phil Robertson was interested in from... Also encouraged him to reflect on his family 's past the latest,! Their vows daughter and sister they did n't know they had the latest podcast, Phyllis, from affair! Life, how `` I think I know who this might be. just found out he a. First-Season finale of `` at Home with the Robertsons have said themselves, this seems to be tack! And Phil & # x27 ; s rep who were unavailable for comment in 1973, Phil,,. Newfound family, even learning how to duck hunt while she % match betweenPhyllis and.. `` at Home with the Robertsons have said themselves, this seems to the! Recently discovered he has a daughter from an affair 're taking to Robertsons sex, drugs rock... Always growing up something was different to speak handed Jase a letter at the time resulted in his being... Pieces clicking into place to al, Robertsons son saying a DNA test determined he fathered a child an...

Lady In Black, Ascension Health Pension Plan Underfunded, Craigslist For Rent Port Washington, Wi, Articles P