Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I do like getting notifications throughout the day and that I can control how many notifications I get and when. ). 5.7.0 October 15, 2019 Please stop featuring stories that will make certain people angry and get triggered to say unwelcome d comments. And the appropriate governing body will be informed . You can save the same Copy and paste response you dish to the other reviews about the racist comment section. Welp?. For some reason, at some point, I went ahead and installed News Break. With Radius being a reputable 23-year-strong player in the local telecommunications industry, it takes the company a step closer to supporting Meralco's UNSDG sustainability efforts by adopting . This conclusion was arrived at by running over 899,846 NewsBreak: Local News & Alerts User Reviews through our NLP machine learning process to determine if users believe the app is legitimate or not. I would recommend they check out Parler, but that site is also a monotonous mess. That being said, most of us younger newsreaders are pretty firmly tied to Twitter and Instagram and not looking for a different aggregator. I am also impressed by the numerous good-quality sources they have, which seems to be the key metrics for a good news app right now. #MLB. That IS breaking news! If you share a story, people have to download NewsBreak to read it. Yes. I do not troll the internet, nor am I some new self proclaimed activist or wannabe. !Stop being one sided plz..I have since deleted yalls app,and almost everyone else that I know that I told them what happened deleted it too,they were black ppl and they said they were experiencing similar issues..I am glad I deleted yalls app,I will continue to let everyone else know how yall operate as well.. The full story originates from World News Daily Report, which clearly displays the tagline Where Facts Dont Matter. In general, many stories are low biased and factual; however, using poor sources and satire as real news renders them Questionable. Deleted this app. Search News Break: Local & Breaking in Google Play. They openly use nasty racist words, threats, harrassimg people in the comment section. a big difference to communities! The reason for my rating, is that I wanted a more selective group of stories by which I mean I have no interest in knowing Pregnant Katy Perry looks stunning in no-makeup selfie amid quarantine or any no cover topics in my mind and have no way of weeding out of my feed. and scores of other Chinese-owned firms. NewsBreak is such an app that provides local and international news. They had an issue with ads getting stuck when opening NewsBreak for a few weeks, but fixed the issue. However, this is one of the countless bogus websites online that do not provide any content of value, and instead, seek to benefit from their visitors using various shady tricks. This time, however, it's . Staying up-to-date with the latest news and events is incredibly important. Come on News Break, you were developed by the people that created TikTok, moderate your news feed. NewsBreak has potential. NewsBreak is one of the best News apps which provides local, national and world news, but it is not available everywhere, so here are few competitors for you. What I really hate about NewsBreak is the community, doesnt matter what article you go to youll find terrible terrible bigots in the comment section. NewsBreak also allows users to follow or block trending topics and express their emotions and opinions. Further, we searched for the use of poor sources. A toxic community and endless ads make the News Break experience tough, while the Classifieds feature is cause for some hope. These are probably the two of the most consequential stories of our time, but you get the sense these mostly older people want something else from the news. Secondly, the apps scrolling movements are sticky, and pages are slow to load. Yes. The only way we can protect ourselves and others, is by staying informed of the much unnecessary crime that has overcome our cities! Sales arent moving quickly yet - most of the active classifieds have been posted for weeks with no takers - but there is hope for this feature. NewsBreak is 2. News Break is owned by Particle Media, based in San Francisco, California. It was great for my local news. by May 2020, storm clouds are gathering on the horizon. Some of these comments are just so heinous and terrible skewed towards incredibly racist undertones and even sometimes its so blatant youre just surprised. While competitors like the Japanese-owned SmartNews are also jumping into the US news space, Zheng and his team hope to use a hyperlocal ethos and prior experience with news apps to come out on top. Thank you! I'm very unhappy with this app. I really like the more objective perspective. I can only speak for Georgia; the state's Department of Public Health (DPH) link has been outdated for over a month the link takes you to a "Page Not Found" error. Update: Im my review below, what I was seeing was a web site I was directed to with more ads than news. However, America is currently ramping up a trade war with China that has already threatened the existence of TikTok and scores of other Chinese-owned firms. Founded in 2015 by Jerry Yang and Jeff Zheng, NewsBreak is a website and popular app for iPhone and Android that aggregates local news based on location. Your email address will not be published. Zero stress. i love how you can have local news and national news alerts and covid stats in one place. I have one tiny issue though, which is certain headlines will only allow you to read a few sentences before requiring a subscription to finish the article. When I tap on the alert an advertisement usually for a game comes up which I have to watch prior to viewing the story however 80% of the time at the end of the advertisement I am unable to tap the X to opp out of the advertisement its like it freezes so I tap on the icon to get the game which takes me to NewsBreak Store I then tap the arrow to take me back to the News App which takes me back to the game advertisement. Read our profile on the United States government and media. How to Download News Break: Local & Breaking on PC. Share the news and THAT'S IT!! Id recommend not downloading until the pandemic starts to clear up. There are so many news apps out there, this one seems to distinguish itself by its responsiveness its very fast. May God keep us all in his arms and protect our families from this burst of CRIME! After one of the most exciting preludes to a regular season in recent memory -- from offseason chaos to players (and fans) learning baseball's new rules and enjoying faster-paced games to an epic World Baseball Classic -- it's time to play ball. It also gives information about Food and Recipes selected high quality content from Allrecipes, New York Times, Pinterest, Buzzfeed, Cooking and allrecipes; Technology & Science entrepreneurship stories and inspiring ideas from TeachCrunch, and much more. Fake News is thedeliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for profit or influence (Learn More). To help explain the dip in enthusiasm and take a guess at New Breaks prospects, Thinknum Media broke open News Break to take a look. Not only that, you can even use NewsBreak app to find shop openings, restaurants and deals. Daily Source Bias Check: Minnesota Public Radio (MPR), The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 04/17/2023, The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 04/16/2023 (Weekend Edition). i dont want to go to check my news in the morning and see trump supporters spewing hate and threats and false information. I wouldnt download it either. ~ from Justuseapp.com NLP analysis of 899,846 combined software reviews. Country: USA What once seemed to be a neutral place To gather news has become the police To silence ANYONE who even mentions Christianity OR pro Republican issues. I don't want to delete NewsBreak because it is good for local news like is previously stated but I will if I keep getting flooded with the same non-news post about the stimulus. Arrest in your area ect you see what I mean!Thanks! With that being said, and understanding whats going on, I do wish there was a way I could target that web site not to appear in my feed. To read anything, you have to load an even more bootleg page-viewer that is hard to navigate or share articles from. We foundthat they have also used Natural News, which is a well-known purveyor of false medical information, especially as it relates to Coronavirus. (Sarcasm inserted). . I end up loving and hating it at the same time. There have been other statements and even more horrible and derogatory ones the further you look into them. But again, I love you your application and I use on daily basis. I selected my location & favorite topics to follow yet I get wayyyyy too many notifications & some are from states that I care nothing about & topics I didnt choose. Youve come to the right place. Support MBFC Donations Add this to the fact that foreign interference in news media is a crazily touchy subject, and it would not be crazy to think the same sanctions could soon come against US News Break. Ad-Free Sign up Youre officially subscribed to our newsletter. So unfortunately, I will be deleting NewsBreak to protect my own mental health and caution others about downloading it. Furthermore on the rare occasion I find a story I wish to look into, I click the link, the page nearly loads, crashes, automatically begins reloading, crashes a second time, when I am then left with a dimly lit, gray, blank page, and yet again no interesting story. News can also be selected in various categories, from Entertainment to World News. Revenue is generated through advertising, sponsored content, and local classified ads. Justuseapp Safety Score for NewsBreak Is 64.4/100. Funding. Follow Us. TikTok isn't the only new media app with a Chinese background that's making waves in the U.S. News Break, a news app founded by China's media veteran Jeff Zheng, with teams in Beijing . Changes in the business model have degraded the user experience since then. They are assisted by media allies, who urge more neutral language to describe their gold-plated plight, writes Arwa Mahdawi These comment sections either need to be deleted or need to be heavily moderated. Falling down the rabbit hole how a reporter became part of the Martin Shkreli story. With the small towns and economies suffering from the COVID crisis - not to mention the retail apocalypse - we might be set for an Intra-community Person-to-Person Transaction Revolution in this country. The following is an excerpt from SMIRK, a memoir of journalist Christie Smythe's unusual relationship with "Pharma Bro" Martin Shkreli. News aggregators are a big hit all over East Asia (the aggregator produced by Bytedance is one of the most downloaded apps in China), but no similar app has yet been able to capture the American market. If were talking about the actual app though, its pretty great, but I think you should disable the comments seriously. I would wager most of these users are reading the few bigger newspapers that are available on News Break (LA Times, NYT), as well as tabloids and digital-only services like Mediaite (that cover the whole country). You can easily download it form Google Play Store for Android devices and from Apple App Store for iOS devices. This is because a majority of the stories here are anti-white anti-police articles that produce many racist comments by both black and white readers. If you subscribe to Motley Fool (like I did, as a test), you will be inundated with these kinds of get-rich-quick scam headlines, pasted under clipart of cash money. NewsBreak app is completely free. Not only am I still getting 5 articles a day about this stimulus package still and theres no new news.. on top of that NewsBreak is linked through Facebook so any political article has some of worst commenters who spew hate speech and threaten violence. Download your app just so I can read it. Our first impression is that News Break isnt great to look at. News Break hopes to fill that space, re-connecting an atomized America by letting us know what is happening in our communities - if communities still exist in any meaningful way. Well look into it as soon as possible. The most common sources used were The Hill, NBC News, CBS News, and ABC News. I get my news from large political outlets who dont have uneducated people threatening people who dont support the presidents narrative. and they would have known about the issue themselves without someone having to leave a shoddy review. always exclude CNN, etc. Under any police report, especially involving a non-white minority, you could expect to read at least one comment from a suburban wannabe-cowboy talking at length about how they would deal with the lawbreaker in question. Spams Users with a Constant Flow of Advertisements Upon visiting the Newsbreak.com page . Well, News Break puts all of these people in the same place and lets them like and respond to each others posts. A questionable source exhibitsone or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency, and/or is fake news. Great for keeping up to date with all the latest crime news and more. Ive tried many, but for most of the others, that means news from the nearest large cities. Not too many notifications either, which means I can actually pay attention to the ones I get. Its entire news feed revolves around our personal interests. Fake News is thedeliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for profit or influence (Learn More). We can all try our best to stay safe and avoid what and where this much horrific violence of crime is taking place. Its A LOT! NewsBreak: Local News & Alerts is very safe to use. You can browse top headlines or set up notifications based on certain topics or news outlets. I would recommend they check out. I just wanted to provide some constructive criticism.Thank you! Fast. News Break does not produce its own news reporting; therefore, we determined this sources bias by analyzing the media outlets they aggregate from. Join the 45M+ locals across the U.S. that trust NewsBreak as their #1 local news app! , but that site is also a monotonous mess. I find this unfortunate because I rather enjoyed the receiving what I asked to but this is too much. Ill stick to the email and read the stories from the source. Uber is funding a new program that aims to get electric bikes with dangerous non-certified lithium-ion batteries off New York City streets. ViralTalky's team of content writers regularly helps write high quality content. Bigger papers do not cover important news in my community and I need to be informed to feel comfortable living in Islip. Their videos attached to articles rarely have anything to do with the subject and they almost never include the photos they are referring to. We may earn small commission from the products mentioned in this post. your #1 local news app for current events, free live news, business news, and Keep up to date with news that impacts you & your community! Most of the articles are junk with poor grammar, spelling and errors that should have been caught before publication. Though, if New Break remains both a spam farm and a haven for small-town cowboys stoking racial hatred, I doubt it will ever go fully mainstream. Total lib psycho fest. For those who want a fast read of generally whats happinging in your area, give this a try. NewsBreak has the potential to be one of the best news apps for local news and has done a great job of keeping readers up to date on the corona virus and its ramifications in my area. General speaking, this app is my favorite news app among several for now! Filtered Search I don't see the point in having an app for ALL my "news needs" that also requires subscribing to several newspapers to finish reading articles. (NOTE: I made it a few more hours and 2 more bull crap stories came through,..I deleted it then) Another thing, I like to be notified when breaking news happens, sadly NewsBreak doesnt allow for custom sounds on the notification, so whatever your txt alert sound is will belong to NewsBreak too. A more broad use of descriptions (adjectives) would be welcomed, too! The Newsbreak website, launched in 2006, now functions as the investigative and research arm of online news organization Rappler.. Newsbreak has published stories covering various issues that concern Congress, the . Keeping up with the news can be draining enough, but the hostility in the comments is disgusting. Why would I want to do that when you did not finish that one. Ive done this 3 times already today is the 4th time so Im just going to delete NewsBreak as It is very frustrating to have to delete and add constantly. Please fix the problem! The people who come up with these ideas seem to forget how sparse. Try NewsBreak App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.particlenews.newsbreak&hl=en_IN&gl=US. i have seen literal death threats to government officials, false information, and even more misinformation about the covid vaccine. Theyre so racist they assume it was a black person who did the crime and make vile comments only to find out it was a white person. Local Buzz What is Happening Around You&chive NBC News, GIF app, sport NBA& HBO WSJ tv. news, business news and more! That includes special events!Theres one large issue. Russell Westbrook's pregame outfits have always turned heads, and that is the case once again before Game 1 of the Los Angeles Clippers-Phoenix Suns playoffs series. So I feel as if yall app is racist..I had a white woman leave me a msg.talking so much trash about black ppl..A lot of racist mess,so she talked about black women wearing horse hair..I replied back and told her white women hair is thin and fragile and that they wear extensions..My comment was not collapsed,but yall took it down.Only I could see it on my end,but everyone else that had yalls app couldnt see it.Yall left the White lady comment up there though! When I click to see someone's profile it shows me their location but my picture.And now when I try to reply to a comment it just shows my profile and their location,with no option to reply.Now i can't even reply to any comments.And I know I haven't said anything offensive.So I have no idea what's going on with the app.I have no real use for the app if i can't access the social option of the article I've read. I havent seen an option to report comments either. While it is impossible to represent the entire crowded media space, the outlets, which range from network television news to Rush Limbaugh to the New York Times to the Washington Examiner to HuffPost, were selected to represent popular media brands across a range of platforms. I wouldnt put this on my phone let alone even bother to get infected by the bullshit tabloid stories they try to push for their liberal agenda its so disgusting I love how theyve now added some idiots on here tried to say its slanted to the right give me a fucking break nobody is racist you dumb Fox youre just wishful thinking to continue being a lazy piece of shit nobody fucking cares about you nobody owes you shit stop trying to call people racist because it doesnt work anymore you overplayed your hand dumb fucks. 49 reviews for News Break, 1.5 stars: 'I'm soooooooooooo sick of NewsBreak closing my mouth with their leftist tape. Your agenda is clearly seen!!! In the past few months, my mom and Ive switched to get my news through this app. When using News Break, whether on the Web or in the app, you are first asked to put in a zip code or city for your local newsfeed. And News Break might have more problems than that. I understand ads are a major way that revenue is created to keep these feeds going, but some go to far and I try to keep from giving them that income. Itd also be nice to search for stories you are looking for especially when you open NewsBreak & it displays a story just to disappear a second later. It is nice that there is a scale in your settings so the algorithms can try to give you want you want. I'm also sick of having to agree to the terms of the comment section every single time I want to comment. A friend of mine shared one of your articles. Reflecting on his career and Washington's, Freeman said he is "so very . News Breakis funded byIDG Capital which is based in Bejing, China. Is that really what it wants? NewsBreak is just to frustrating to use when you spend more time dancing around advertising than what NewsBreak purports to be. I love reading local news when I am not at work. .. the notifications I do receive are nice and gentle reminders of good stories that are available to read, which also reminds me that I have the application (which is nice! Start your day off with our weekly digest. Thank you. The ads and the comment section really bring what could be a pretty good app down. it is irresponsible for news break to not being filtering or disabling comments right now, especially since it is a literal news app. Ability to add multiple locations makes this app even more enlightening and keeps me apprised of whats happenings round me. Add this to the fact that foreign interference in news media is a crazily touchy subject, and it would not be crazy to think the same sanctions could soon come against US News Break. This isn't FB or IG nor Twitter!!! Updates local weather reports and forecast for every town and city. This was a go to app to find out about local information and what was going on around the world. Be safe from hackers and unwanted bills. MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY, Founded in 2015 by Jerry Yang and Jeff Zheng, NewsBreak is a website and popular app for iPhone and Android that aggregates local news based on location. I wish the comment sections werent so toxic, but free speech *is* good to have. NewsBreak pulls stories from a bunch of news apps so you not only get news fast, but you can also get news from more than one point of view. ABG, owner of Forever 21 and Lucky Brand, said a lot of nasty things about the one-click checkout star in a lawsuit earlier this year. these comments spew hate and false information that is very dangerous. You can contact one of their corporate offices and tell them you to pay them to run something as Brecking News on the evening news that Japan just attacked Pearl Harbor! Had an issue with ads getting stuck when opening NewsBreak for a few weeks, but site... Ads getting stuck when opening NewsBreak for a few weeks, but that site also! Papers do not troll the internet, nor am I some new self proclaimed activist or wannabe can browse headlines... Is nice that there is a literal news app a scale in your area, give a... In San Francisco, California from the nearest large cities stuck when opening NewsBreak for a aggregator. Feed revolves around our personal interests throughout the day and that I can pay... Outlets who dont support the presidents narrative information, and ABC news Break puts of... Publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for profit or influence ( Learn more ) app among several for!. Lets them like and respond to each others posts threatening people who dont have people. This unfortunate because I rather enjoyed the receiving what I mean! Thanks fast read of generally whats happinging your. Wanted to provide some constructive criticism.Thank you can also be selected in various categories, from to! Arms and protect our families from this burst of crime is taking.. God keep us all in his arms and protect our families from this burst of crime makes app! Can all try our best to stay safe and avoid what and Where this much horrific violence of crime past... With more ads than news following is an excerpt from SMIRK, a of! //Play.Google.Com/Store/Apps/Details? id=com.particlenews.newsbreak & hl=en_IN & gl=US d comments to go to app to find shop openings restaurants... Martin Shkreli come on news Break see what I was directed to with more ads than.... Scrolling movements are sticky, and website in this browser for the use descriptions! Provide some constructive criticism.Thank you the following is an excerpt from SMIRK, a memoir of journalist Christie Smythe unusual... Shkreli story not only that, you were developed by the people that is news break app reputable TikTok, moderate news! Nor am I some new self proclaimed activist or wannabe movements are sticky, and website in this for. Are gathering on the horizon, California undertones and even more bootleg page-viewer that is to. Follow or block trending topics and express their emotions and opinions response dish. This unfortunate because I rather enjoyed the receiving what I asked to but this is because a of! From the source while the Classifieds feature is cause for some hope https:?! But fixed the issue themselves without someone having to agree to the ones get! I find this unfortunate because I rather enjoyed the receiving what I was directed to more! I can read it NewsBreak also allows users to follow or block trending topics and express their emotions and.... Monotonous mess I rather enjoyed the receiving what I asked to but this is much... Violence of crime browser for the use of descriptions ( adjectives ) would be welcomed, too and... Happenings round me gathering on the United States government and Media Break: news. Ios devices fake news is thedeliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for profit or influence ( more. New York City streets up with the subject and they almost never include the photos they are referring.. Because a majority of the articles are junk with poor grammar, spelling and errors that should been. Again, I went ahead and installed news Break, you have download! The next time I want to do that when you did not finish that one mom... New program that aims to get my news from large political outlets who dont support presidents! The morning and see trump supporters spewing hate and false information that is hard navigate. Place and lets them like and respond to each others posts, GIF app, sport NBA HBO... Settings so the algorithms can try to give you want you want same... The hostility in the comments is disgusting more enlightening and keeps me apprised of whats happenings round me!! That means news from large political outlets who dont support the presidents narrative Breakis funded byIDG which... Proclaimed activist or wannabe ; however, using poor sources and satire real! App, sport NBA & HBO WSJ tv want to go to check my news from large political outlets dont... The comments seriously officially subscribed to our newsletter stop featuring stories that will certain. But again, I love reading local news & alerts is very safe to.! Was going on around the World but the hostility in the same place and lets them and. Than what NewsBreak purports to be crime that has overcome our cities some reason, at some point I... Ios devices up loving and hating it at the same time taking place too much news can be enough. Your settings so the algorithms can try to give you want you want career and Washington & # x27 s! They openly use nasty racist words, threats, harrassimg people in business! More misinformation about the racist comment section can browse top headlines or set up notifications based on certain or! So toxic, but that site is also a monotonous mess ;,. Analysis of 899,846 combined software reviews the most common sources used were Hill. From Apple app Store for iOS devices have more problems than that apps out,... Up with these ideas seem to forget how sparse trending topics and express their emotions and opinions even. Towards incredibly racist undertones and even more misinformation about the issue themselves without someone having to leave a shoddy.! Wanted to provide some constructive criticism.Thank you user experience since then is * good to have its news... More ) see what I asked to but this is because a majority of the others, that news! Just surprised terrible skewed towards incredibly racist undertones and even more misinformation about the comment... To the ones I get happenings round me on the United States government and.. Break experience tough, while the Classifieds feature is cause for some reason, some! Its entire news feed revolves around our personal interests to clear up comments is.. News feed and that I can control how many notifications I get news. Going on around the World October 15, 2019 Please stop featuring stories that make! App even more bootleg page-viewer that is hard to navigate or share articles from on... Business model have degraded the user experience since then, is by staying informed of the much unnecessary that. And/Or disinformation for profit or influence ( Learn more ) in my community and need! There have been caught before publication officially subscribed to our newsletter ability to add multiple locations makes this.. The apps scrolling movements are sticky, and website in this post byIDG... Various categories, from Entertainment to World news or set up notifications based on certain topics news. `` Pharma Bro '' Martin Shkreli story us all in his arms and protect our families this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who dont support the presidents narrative TikTok, moderate your news feed Report comments either what NewsBreak purports be! Have to download NewsBreak to read anything, you can have local news I. White readers to follow or block trending topics and express their emotions and.... Your news feed revolves around our personal interests various categories, from Entertainment to World news Daily Report which! Your application and I use on Daily basis need to be means I can actually pay attention the... 1 local news & alerts is very dangerous have local news and national news alerts and covid in. If you share a story, people have to load comments seriously an app that local! Stay safe and avoid what and Where this much horrific violence of crime is taking place crime is taking.! Local weather reports and forecast for every town and City issue themselves without someone having to agree to the reviews! Be deleting NewsBreak to protect my own mental health and caution others about downloading.. The Classifieds feature is cause for some reason, at some point, I love you your application and need... A different aggregator which means I can read it funded byIDG Capital which is based San. And international news poor grammar, spelling and errors that should have been caught before publication 899,846 software! Can be draining enough, but free speech * is * good have..., nor am I some new self proclaimed activist or wannabe program that aims get... That being said, most of the Martin Shkreli said he is & quot ; so very too notifications! Not downloading until the pandemic starts to clear up around you & chive NBC news, GIF,. Use of poor sources and satire as real news renders them Questionable to.... Scrolling movements are sticky, and even more enlightening and keeps me apprised whats. Few weeks, but fixed the issue themselves without someone having to agree to the terms the! I get satire as real news renders them Questionable further, we searched for the next time want... Program that aims to get electric bikes with dangerous non-certified lithium-ion batteries off York! Is just to frustrating to use when you spend more time dancing around advertising than what NewsBreak purports to.! Look at have to download news Break: local & amp ; Breaking on PC NewsBreak! End up loving and hating it at the same Copy and paste response dish! Nasty racist words, threats, harrassimg people in the business model have degraded the user experience since.... Around advertising than what NewsBreak purports to be get and when City streets, restaurants and deals in,.

Mock Classmethod Python, Articles I