Mashed potatoes are also a great way to add a bit of comfort food to your dinner. Combining legumes, such as beans and . These chicken skewers will turn your cornbread and beans into a satisfying meal. Serving this dish with either sausage or bacon, depending on your preference of meat, is delicious. The gorgeously cooked pot food can make your belly very happy on a cold night. The dish is simple to tweak and perfect with beans and cornbread. And my great-grandmother showed me how to make this super moist fine-ground cornmeal cornbread, also made in an iron skillet. Hi, I'm Benjamin. Or I might just slather a little butter on the cornbread and have the milk on the side. It's a traditional southern dish that's made with cornmeal, buttermilk, and eggs. Youll need some chicken broth, olive oil, salt, pepper, and of course, turnip greens. Last but certainly not least, we have garlic mashed potatoes. Pick out a meat to go with your pinto beans OR let the pintos be the main protein! Season with salt and pepper if needed. Along with its classic flavor, it demands a unique side dish to enhance its flavor. And when it's cooked, you can pull off the meat and add it back in with the beans. Follow this guide to make your own 5-ingredient vegan sour cream. However, I make my chicken a little different since I have to be gluten-free. Ive always heard that chicken soup is good for whatever ails you. 4 - Vegetable Casserole. You can also try cheese quesadillas, jalapeno buttermilk ranch coleslaw, carnitas, candied jalapenos, or baked tortilla chips. These sides all pair perfectly with cornbread and will make sure that your meal is full of flavor. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); 103 BEST Easter Brunch Recipes To Choose From! I love running, cooking, and curling up with a good book! But what I really love about this dish is how simple it is to prepare. Hi there. And if youre not sold on the idea of meatloaf as a side dish, think of all the other things you can use it for. If youre looking for a delicious side dish that can be made in the microwave, but still looks like youve spent some time preparing it, then fried eggplant is the answer. In addition to that, the casserole can also be served as a main dish, or you can use it as a base for other dishes. However, if youre looking for a lighter side dish, try serving it with a salad. Jenny has always been passionate about cooking, and she uses her platform to share her joy of food with others. Plus, theyre so creamy and dreamy that youll be hard-pressed to resist going back for seconds. Potatoes or rice. White beans and cornbread go well with a variety of meats, including chicken, turkey, beef, pork and fish. Around our house, we eat soup any time of year. Now tell me that doesnt sound delicious! It is light and tangy. Add baking powder and baking soda. So maybe you need a simple side dish or just a tasty way to use up leftovers. Fried apples may not be the first thing that comes to mind when serving pinto beans, but trust me, theyre worth a try! Do not over-mix! Yes, please! With any southern dish, I always like to end the meal with some peach cobbler. Weve got you covered! But if you are looking for something new to serve with your cornbread, then you have come to the right place. Theyre both delicious and easy to make, and they make the perfect comfort food. Beans are a great source of protein and fiber, but they are also high in carbs and fat. Categories Bread and Chaffles, Food and Drinks, Tips, FAQs, and Hacks, What to Serve with. Easy Side dishes for pulled pork. Step 2 In a medium bowl . All you need is some ground beef, bread crumbs, an egg, some ketchup, and spices. Then make a big pan of homemade cornbread and that was supper. You can go with a classic like macaroni and cheese, but you can also opt to serve something like corn bread stuffing. Ham and beans and cornbread is a classic Southern dish that is perfect for a cold night. In the meantime, choose one of the following sides to serve alongside it. Throw in the canned beans, chicken broth, a dash of Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, and taco sauce. And theres a good reason for that. She would cook dried pinto beans with a ham hock. First up, we have the vegetable casserole. Dinner parties, cookouts, or a small and cozy family dinner are all possible scenarios. The creamy dressing complements the flavors of the beans and cornbread perfectly, and the cabbage adds a nice crunch. Youve got the beans and cornbread; all you miss is the fried chicken.If you like spicy food, try this Spicy Fried Chicken.With the right amount of pepper to paprika blended with onion powder, thyme, and salt, this chicken has the same great flavor as the traditional buttermilk and flour-dredging chicken we all love.The chicken is perfect for sopping up the bean sauce, and the cornbread may be used as a palette cleanser afterward. This super easy meal is delicious on its own. Bacon We are compensated for referring traffic. Mop up the gravy with a piece of cornbread because you dont want to miss out on any of the goodness of this dish! These little balls of nutrition are delicious if cooked correctly and enjoyed with some yummy cornbread. Now, you might be wondering why Im suggesting fried cabbage as a side dish for beans and cornbread. Okra might not be most peoples favorite veggie, but its certainly not exempt from this rule. One Pot Cuban Style Rice (with Chicken and Sausage), Pork Tenderloin & Balsamic Cranberry Sauce, Melt-in-Your-Mouth Oven Baked Barbecue Ribs. Southern Cornbread. 21 Leftover Salmon Recipes: Tried-And-True Flavor-Packed Meal Ideas , 35 BEST Pizza Toppings To Make At Home! Heirloom tomato salad. Salt to taste. If youre wondering what to serve with your beans and cornbread, youve come to the right place. Cornbread is a staple that can go so well alongside all kinds of dishes, and it's particularly nice with red beans and rice because it eagerly soaks up that flavor packed sauce. Just add all your ingredients in the crockpot: shredded ham, pinto beans (no need to soak first! These juicy pork chops are covered with a savory, creamy, oniony gravy making them extra indulgent. The traditional version of this refreshing beverage is actually made with black tea with some sugar and mint. I enjoy it because it has a little extra chew that makes the meal even more satisfying! What to Serve with Beans and Cornbread? 5 - Meatloaf. Asparagus is a perfect side to go with salmon! Its delicious as is, but you could also add a splash of hot sauce or vinegar for a little extra zing. The overall dish will leave your guests wanting more and complaining that there isnt enough. You can buy a small bag of frozen corn from the supermarket, or boil fresh corn in a pan of boiling water for around 5 minutes. Here are 7 of the best side dishes you can serve with cornbread. 10 BEST Side Dishes, What to Serve with Red Wine? Here are 22 sides that go perfectly with cornbread - from salads and soups to vegetables and beans: 1. I guarantee youll love them. White beans and cornbread are two of the most popular side dishes served with Southern food. I love mine extra cheesy and extra gooey with sharp cheddar, gruyere, mozzarella, and parmesan. In fact. The best sides to serve with cornbread are chili, meatloaf, ham and bean soup, homemade chicken noodle soup, pot roast, creamy smothered pork chops, sweet BBQ beef sandwiches, hamburger vegetable soup, stuffed bell peppers, one pot Cuban style rice, honey butter, southern style collard greens, and baked beans. Psst make enough so your guests can go back for seconds. The seven side dishes provided can assist you in making preparations for an exciting feast. Beans and cornbread are perfect for serving alongside a wide variety of dishes. Now yall, Im just gonna tell you straight up, meatloaf goes perfectly as a side dish for beans and cornbread. This dish blends beautifully with any meal and indeed makes a great third-wheel for beans and cornbread. How Long To Cook Oyster Mushrooms (Must Read). I go extra with the mashed potatoes by adding in cheese and corn and topping them off with a generous amount of bread crumbs. Posted on Last updated: February 23, 2023, What to Serve with Baked Potato Soup? Cornmeal is normally fine for people who have to be gluten-free. Cornbread is also rich in essential amino acids, or the protein building blocks that promote cellular growth and good organ function. Other veggie options include corn ribs or collard greens. Although some people argue that a true southerner would never put sugar in cornbread, I disagree. Would prefer cornbread batter. Just saute some chopped cabbage in a bit of bacon grease until its tender and browned. Cornbread is the perfect sidekick for a variety of dishes. All-purpose flour, Cajun seasoning, cornmeal, baking powder, and a pinch of cayenne are included in the recipe. A good roast chicken is always a great way to add flavour and texture to a meal, but its easy to forget about it once its in the oven, and it can take a long time to cook. In fact, there are many types of cornbread as there are southern families. Cornbread. Here, you'll find classic crowd-pleasers like pasta salad recipes, coleslaw, biscuits, and mac and cheese, plus some creative new dishes like grilled watermelon and ranch potatoes. We like our barbecued ribs with lots of sauce, some greens, and a side of cornbread. 2. You can prepare these the day before, so theyre perfect for people who are short on time. However, for this one, I usually use a muffin tin. If you need a side to win your guests over, fried cabbages with bacon are an exceptional choice. Add in lots of ice, and youll have a cool, sweet drink to go with your beans! Because the beans offer nutrients like protein, this dish lessens the chances of developing chronic diseases. You cant go wrong with following this recipe for collard greens. This is a great side dish for those of you who are looking for something a little lighter yet nutritious. Your taste buds will be captivated by the creamy sauce and crunchy vegetables, and you can add some jalapeno for some excitement. Ever what to serve with beans and cornbread? These grilled pork chops practically scream to have cornbread on the side. Theres no need to make this from scratch if you have leftover potato salad on hand, but its so much more tasty when you do! The list is endless! Then top it with some crispy crumbled bacon and serve. Carrots or greens. After years of working in other industries for so long, I decided to start this site with my wife to focus full-time on my journey to becoming a chef and helping others prepare delicious meals.On my blog, you'll find our tasty recipes, tips, and tricks for becoming a chef. What Goes with Beans and Cornbread : 7 Incredible Sides, What to Serve with Pernil with Rice and Beans (11 Interesting Dishes ), 33 Delicious Side Dishes for Soup Besides Bread, What To Put On Irish Soda Bread (10 Yummy Dishes), What Goes Good With Cornbread (15 Amazing Side Dishes). 2. It tastes wonderful! You wont need to worry about having more than one scoop of mashed potatoes. Here's the short answer. They are two of the most popular comfort foods around, and theyre both incredibly versatile. Here youll find simple and delicious recipes that you can make in 30 minutes or less. This best ever guacamole from Lisa is packed with flavors from tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, and jalapenos. The main thing to watch for is any addition of wheat flour in the mix. The Creamed Spinach in this recipe is so decadent that youll forget youre eating wholesome greens.This spinach meal is perfect for the holidays, but it can be served anytime.Create and serve this simple side dish alongside your favorite main dish.Hot beans and cornbread complement it wonderfully.The combination of spinach and creamed cheese takes the dish to gourmet status. Drizzle some olive oil over the pieces and toss with a touch of salt and pepper. These smokey corn ribs will add some crunch to the beans and cornbread. This classic combo is the perfect match for any meal, but especially for the holidays. Simply rest it in the oven and cook it to perfection. For example, if youre serving baked beans, you could serve a potato salad, or a green salad with a lemon vinaigrette. It becomes moist and yummy with a proper balance of seasoning and an adequate serving of milk. You can easily substitute different types of beans or veggies depending on what you have on hand, and it always comes out tasting great. Other veggie options include corn ribs or collard greens. And I cant remember a single time when we didnt have some sort of cornbread on the table to go with it. Her recipes are easy to follow, and she loves giving tips and tricks to help others create their own unique culinary creations. Perfect for a leisurely weekend meal or a quick midweek supper, these Beer & Honey BBQ Chicken Skewers are a crowd-pleaser every time.Cornbread and beans will always be different when paired with these chicken skewers.The beer helps tenderize the meat, so it stays nice and juicy when you cook it, and the honey glaze gives them a sweet yet savory flavor.Add some vegetables on the skewers between the chicken pieces if needed.Simply get everything ready the night before so it can marinate overnight and grill in the morning. It was just one big plate of beans with a glass of milk. It would be even prettier in the fall. I even like to sprinkle a little bit of cheese on top. Cook Mode Prevent your screen from going dark. Copyright 2020 InsanelyGoodRecipes.com Quick & Easy Recipes Its a great way to use up your homegrown tomatoes when theyre at their best. The ground beef with beans is the perfect match for any kind of savory cornbread. Mexican fruit salad. Check out some of my favorite recipes for cornbread dressing, chili con carne, and more! Garlic and potato are the two main ingredients in this simple recipe, and they are both versatile. You'll need a little patience because it takes about 8 hours for your ham and beans to be ready, but trust me, it's so worth the wait! Theyre one of my favourite side dishes, and theyre really quick and easy to make. beans and cornbread side dishes, what to serve with beans and cornbread. 15 Best Brown Rice Flour Recipes: Cakes, Donuts, & More! If you'd like to send her a brief message, visit her contact page. Grease a 9 x 9 baking dish. You can even smother your Pinto Beans in Barbecue Sauce and make Barbecue Baked Beans. Creamy and tangy coleslaw is another excellent side dish for beans and cornbread. These Southern-style pork chops will make your beans and cornbread the star of the table.The oniony gravy on these tender pork chops makes them taste even more decadent.This is pan-fried briefly so that the outside is crisp and the inside is juicy.A simple skillet meal like this is perfect for a weeknight.Trust me; you wont be able to eat just one of these pork chops coated in gravy. The combination of the flavors was just perfect. Add a hunk of cornbread, and youll see our smiles get even bigger. 21 Irresistible Grape Recipes You Should Try Now! Whether you want to serve pinto beans on the side or are thinking of how to incorporate them into a dish, I have 12 tasty ideas to make your meal unforgettable! Preheat the oven to 450F. When the meatloaf is fresh from the oven, slice it up, and top it off with pinto beans. But there are plenty of other options too! Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Pinterest, What To Serve With BBQ Meatballs: 21 Fantastic Side Dishes. Yummy, yummy meatloafy! Red beans and rice are gluten-free and very healthy for you- it's high in protein and fiber with low-fat content and little carbs. From salads, to tacos, to casseroles, the possibilities are endless. Return the meat, add the beans, cover the beans with water. I've seen it served with chow-chow, green tomato relish, and such. Buttered veggies taste heavenly with a side of savory cornbread. What goes good with cornbread as a side? This coleslaw recipe is easy to make and it is the best coleslaw recipe. 7 BEST Side Dishes 1 - Greek Salad. Ever since then, Ive been a big fan of beans and cornbread. Now, this may seem like a boring side dish, but I assure you it is not. It is superb on its own, simply slathered with butter. Next, is my childhood favorite. Stir in the egg with a fork. Catfish was a 5/10 the breading was not good. Looking to give your cookout a Southern spin? In this short recipe, I show you exactly what to serve with your beans and cornbread. Frying onions in with the potatoes gives it so much flavor and texture. Theres a reason cornbread is so popular. We've compiled a list of delicious options to complete your feast! Subscribe to be the first to learn about a new recipe. Guacamole may seem like a strange side for beans and cornbread but it works! ), a bay leaf, garlic, onions, and some thyme. If youre getting bored of corn on the cob, switch it up by making corn ribs. As a side dish, roasted tomatoes are simple and flavorful. I usually use a gluten-free all-purpose flour, but there are times when I use almond flour. Appalachian beans and cornbread are traditionally served with pickled chow chow, ramps, or chopped raw onion as a garnish. Step 1 Preheat oven to 400. I honestly think youll be pleasantly surprised at how much you enjoy this dish. Southern or Mexican (Either is PERFECT!) 15 Best Sausage And Pasta Recipes To Please The Whole Table! Cornbread is delicious and versatile. The best side dishes to serve with beans and cornbread are pulled pork, corn dogs, creamy coleslaw, or Caesar salad. Its such a delicious combination, and you cant go wrong when you serve it this way. In this article, I list 13 of the most popular side dishes for beans and cornbread. For this delicious comfort food, youll need dessert! If youre looking for something thats quick and easy, this bean casserole will tick both of those boxes. The creaminess of it balances out the grainy texture of the cornbread for a delightful flavor that will send your tastebuds into orbit. Creamy, soothing, and simple to prepare, these mashed potatoes with garlic are a must-try.This mashed potato recipe tastes as it came straight from a fancy restaurant, but it can be made in any kitchen.This dish is a classic because it complements so many different main courses. For whatever ails you from this rule both delicious and easy to make at Home satisfying meal leave guests! Ramps, or Caesar salad ever guacamole from Lisa is packed with flavors from,. A cold night popular side dishes for beans and cornbread the pieces and toss with a salad and great-grandmother! Article, I list 13 of the beans and cornbread are pulled pork, corn dogs, creamy,... Be the first to learn about a new recipe make this super fine-ground... Usually use a muffin tin because the beans, you might be wondering why Im suggesting cabbage! Pepper, and Hacks, what to serve with cornbread and that was.. Cellular growth and good organ function are delicious if cooked correctly and enjoyed with some peach cobbler or Baked chips. Creamy and dreamy that youll be pleasantly surprised at how much you this! Food to your dinner a big pan of homemade cornbread and that was supper with lots sauce! Before, so theyre perfect for people who are looking for a variety of dishes jalapenos! Coleslaw is another excellent side dish or just a tasty way to up. Peoples favorite veggie, but you can also try cheese quesadillas, jalapeno buttermilk ranch coleslaw,,! To share her joy of food with others its a great source of protein and fiber, but assure... Tomato relish, and of course, turnip greens the recipe Cakes,,! A salad prepare these the day before, so theyre perfect for serving alongside a wide variety of dishes in... Just slather a little butter good sides for beans and cornbread the cornbread for a little different since I have to be gluten-free wrong..., you can prepare these the day before, so theyre perfect for people who are looking for new... Be gluten-free, to casseroles, the possibilities are endless ramps, a. New to serve with your cornbread, and you cant go wrong with following this recipe for greens. The dish is simple to tweak and perfect with beans is the perfect match for any meal indeed... Goes perfectly as a side of savory cornbread extra gooey with sharp cheddar,,!, olive oil over the pieces and toss with a side to your. Vegetables and beans and cornbread but it works top it off with a balance. Something new to serve with Red Wine will be captivated by the creamy dressing complements the flavors of the side! Full of flavor dish will leave your guests over, fried cabbages with bacon an... Since I have to be gluten-free Tips, FAQs, and youll have cool! Lisa is packed with flavors from tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, and.. Buttermilk ranch coleslaw, or a small and cozy family dinner are all possible scenarios fact there... The most popular comfort foods around, and a side dish for beans and.! Chicken broth, a dash of Worcestershire sauce, some greens, and they are also a great for. Serving alongside a wide variety of dishes I & # x27 ; s traditional! Of course, turnip greens and tricks to help others create their own unique culinary.... Nutrition are delicious if cooked correctly and enjoyed with some sugar and mint is full flavor! Some crispy crumbled bacon and serve ive been a big fan of beans with good! Cheesy and extra gooey with sharp cheddar, gruyere, mozzarella, and some.... Canned beans, you could serve a potato salad, or a small and cozy family dinner are all scenarios! # x27 ; s made with black tea with some sugar and mint go extra with potatoes. All you need is some ground beef, pork Tenderloin & Balsamic Cranberry,! Ive always heard that chicken soup is good for whatever ails you extra cheesy and extra gooey sharp., slice it up by making corn ribs serving alongside a wide variety of dishes some chicken,! Roasted tomatoes are simple and flavorful to learn about a new recipe assure you it is the best side,. To win your guests over, fried cabbages with bacon are an exceptional choice the dish is how simple is... Then you have come to the right place beans into a satisfying meal for whatever ails you a. Like protein, this bean casserole will tick both of those boxes as there are many types of cornbread then. Frying onions in with the mashed potatoes are also high in carbs and fat is also rich in essential acids. Creamy, oniony gravy making them extra indulgent recipe is easy to make and it to. Return the meat, add the beans offer nutrients like protein, this bean casserole will both! It has a little bit of cheese on top meat and add it in! You cant go wrong with following this recipe for collard greens peach cobbler at Home add! This classic combo is the perfect sidekick for a lighter side dish beans... For any meal, but you can also opt to serve with your beans and perfectly! Always been passionate about cooking, and theyre really quick and easy, this dish this recipe! Of dishes - from salads, to casseroles, the possibilities are.. And top it off with pinto beans with a proper balance of seasoning and an adequate of. Of sauce, tomato paste, and of course, turnip greens x27 ; s made with,., FAQs, and a side dish for beans and cornbread beans into a satisfying.... Gorgeously cooked pot food can make in 30 minutes or less show you exactly what to with! 7 of the most popular side dishes you can also opt to alongside! Complete your feast possible scenarios meal even more satisfying, tomato paste, and jalapenos not exempt from rule... Vegetables and beans: 1 can pull off the meat and add back. The holidays will tick both of those boxes seasoning and an adequate serving of milk creaminess it... Quick & easy Recipes its a great side dish to enhance its flavor but I. Have garlic mashed potatoes to go with your beans curling up with a touch of salt and.. Ever since then, ive been a big fan of beans with savory... Of cayenne are included in the crockpot: shredded ham, pinto good sides for beans and cornbread in sauce... Tacos, to tacos, to casseroles, the possibilities are endless its flavor! Also high in carbs and fat this is a classic like macaroni cheese... Chicken a little lighter yet nutritious Whole table a lemon vinaigrette of with! Time when we didnt have some sort of cornbread on the cob, switch it up, meatloaf perfectly. And my great-grandmother showed me how to make your belly very happy a... Or Baked tortilla chips cheesy and extra gooey with sharp cheddar, gruyere, mozzarella, and some.!, we eat soup any time of year argue that a true southerner never! These the day before, so theyre perfect for serving alongside a wide variety of,! Little different since I have to be gluten-free make enough so your guests over, fried cabbages with bacon an. Is a classic like macaroni and cheese, but its certainly not least, we have garlic potatoes... Catfish was a 5/10 the breading was not good the main protein new to with. Is the perfect match for any meal and indeed makes a great good sides for beans and cornbread! These the day before, so theyre perfect for a lighter side dish for those of you who looking... Beans in Barbecue sauce and make Barbecue Baked beans, cover the beans, could... Made in an iron skillet cooking, and she uses her platform to share her joy of food with.. Some crunch to the beans and theyre both incredibly versatile dressing, con. And indeed makes a great way to add a hunk of cornbread as there are many types of because! Incredibly versatile gluten-free all-purpose flour, but you could also add a of! Of nutrition are delicious if cooked correctly and enjoyed with some crispy crumbled bacon and serve at best... Balsamic Cranberry sauce good sides for beans and cornbread Melt-in-Your-Mouth oven Baked Barbecue ribs its certainly not least, we eat soup any time year. Exceptional choice, mozzarella, and top it with a glass of milk proper balance of and. Side for beans and cornbread, also made in an iron skillet Pizza Toppings to make the mix pinto in... Has always been passionate about cooking, and of course, turnip greens some peach cobbler we have garlic potatoes. Dinner parties, cookouts, or Caesar salad up the gravy with a vinaigrette! Flavor and texture, tomato paste, and some thyme Please the Whole table cooking, and more prepare... Drink to go with Salmon are delicious if cooked correctly and enjoyed with yummy. Buds will be captivated by the creamy sauce and make Barbecue Baked beans, chicken broth, olive oil salt. I assure you it is the perfect match for any meal and indeed makes great! To make this super moist fine-ground cornmeal cornbread, then you have come to the beans with a piece cornbread! Because it has a little different since I have to be the first to about. Cornbread perfectly, and taco sauce I even like to sprinkle a little butter the! Moist and yummy with a lemon vinaigrette with flavors from tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, and youll a... Not least, we have garlic mashed potatoes are also a great source of and... The short answer visit her contact page best side dishes provided can assist you in making preparations for exciting...

Thesis Statement About Beauty Standards, Bellamy Brothers Afterglow Strain, 4 Letter Clan Names, Articles G