Scuppers allow any water that splashes into a sit-on-top kayak to drain out the bottom. I looked around and could not find a direct replacement online. This feature is one of the key ones in the Ascend 128T fishing kayak. Beyond its unique power system, the Ascend 128t is a fully loaded fishing kayak when it comes to outfitting and accessories. by waynewilson417 Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:21 pm, Post The Bonafide SS127 has what they call a hybrid catamaran hull, which resembles the tunnel hull of the Ascend 128t or catamaran hull of the 128X, with similarly high stability. I think I'm going to stick with my paddle though. In this Ascend 128T review were gonna find if its what people have been talking about or not. by Fishing5O Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:44 pm, Post I have an Ascend FS128t! The Yak-Power system includes wiring harness and plugs, meaning with a 12-volt battery your fishing gadgetry is ready to plug and play on the 128t. The Ascend 128X kayak has deeper, elongated tankwells, with almost the entire deck recessed forstorage. Adjustable foot braces accommodate kayakers of all heights, and the non-skid cushioned flooring feels great while providing a stable casting platform. These are paddle, pedal drive and motorized. , so they implemented the best no-slip grip on the kayak platform instead of generic plastic, which prevents the anglers from slipping when wet. Designed and engineered in Landrum, SC, Carver produces their products in their state . Strong metal frame features a durable weather resistant finish. If you are using a screen reader and are having problems using this website, please call 1-800-227-7776 for assistance. Hey guys so I bought a fs12t a few weeks ago, and was wondering if it's worth trying to lift the seat a little higher. The Ascend 128t does not include a rudder, giving it less maneuverability and versatility for drift and current fishing. nantucket yacht club restaurant; radaelli ginecologa mangiagalli; ronseal garden paint tester pots; . Posts: 3. Power up your kayaking with the Ascend 128X Sit-on-Top Kayak with Yak-Power. Ascend Kayak Motor | Ascend FS128T Kayak Motor Kayak Motor Mounts Made to Fit Ascend Kayaks by Bass Pro Designed to fit Ascend kayaks with built-in Rods Holders. Instead, the landing gear uses a bar screwed to the deck of the kayak, with retractable wheels. The hatch has a hinged cover for easy opening and closing. Hey! This Ascend 128t deck mat allows kayak anglers to use the floor of the cockpit as a standing platform, which increases your ability to cast, sight fish and move around the deck. I liked it very much. Hamndalsvgen 8, Saltsjo-Boo 132 81 Sweden. Have you seen the D10T? The Ascend 128T Sit-on-Top Kayak has an innovative design that comes with customization options, unlike any other kayaks. So I dropped it down for that reason. If you need anything that you think is missing from your kayak, you can go to. This kayak is relatively cheap, considering all the features it provides. The Yak-Power system provides plugs toward the bow, mid-ship and stern of the 128, and can power 12-volt devices. Tracks for mounting rod holders and other accessories are standard on the Ascend 128T. Only 10'6", storage is a hassle and it's a sit in. It is remarkably durable and robust in structure. Im notsponsored by them. My envy over the seat in her kayak finally got the best of me and I hauled both of them out on the lawn on a Saturday afternoon to figure out if, and how, I could make a slight mod to the seat or the hull of my yak to accommodate it. by EastTXMedic Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:11 pm, Post Both the Ascend 128t and the FS12 are now discontinued. But I can tell it slides a bit on turns, and Itightenthe crap out of all thetie downs, and that scares me lol. The elevated seat position and tunnel hull make the 12t less about covering water as a paddler, and more about comfort and stability. Compared to all the other kayaks, canoes, or boat and motor. The kayak is designed to be so stable you can stand up and cast from it. The best seat raising modificatyion I have seen people make on the FS12T is by using 2 pieces of 90 degree angle iron. MFG PART #: 860658169-E4. . They are extremely popular and usually back-ordered. Most obvious is the 128ts inclusion of Ascends Yak-Power system. -while the seat is comfortable, it's a major waste of space. Check out seat mods on YouTube. While this would seem to put the Ascend ahead for storage space, in fact, the Pelican Catch tankwell and hatch are deeper and therefore may be more functional than the shallower storage space of the128t. The tankwells are one of the most significant upgrades from the 128t to the 128X. The Shadow Caster and Ascend 128t are both standing platform-style fishing kayaks with a tunnel hull for stability, and come in at a similar price. UV resistant materials for industry-leading durability, quality, and greater safety. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. by Flats stalker Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:23 pm, Post Its time to ditch the flat gel seat for something better. And does it flex like from front to back or does it, uhh twist, now what Im saying? The updated Ascend FS128T Sit-on-Top Angler Kayak with below-deck storage access delivers more cubic storage space than almost any kayak on the market today, among dozens of other upgrades. Ascend 128X Kayak Cons: -ascend took some shortcuts. You can find them at most sporting goods stores as well. I have yet to tip this kayak. Home; About Us; Services. Anglers use it for hunting and fishing. Definitely helped. Ascend 128t fishing kayak for sale - $750 (Madison) View larger image Ad id: 603203388500448 Views: 114 Price: $750.00 I bought this kayak back in 2016 to go fishing on the weekends but have ended up only using it a couple of times. The upgraded seat, with a bit of pressure, will wedge in between the side storage compartments of the D10t kayak. is an armored vehicle that gives anglers dominance when hunting on waters. So I created a rod rack out of PVC that span between those two rod holders. While the Ascend 128t favors standup fishing on sheltered, inshore waters. It's a tight fit and pushes on the walls slightly which longer term is probably not the best solution, but it works. For instance, this kayak is rotomolded and has a custom-crafted tunnel hull with ampletransomand flared bow sections. Read This Before Posting! Raising the seat of your Ascend 128t gives the paddler more comfort by allowing a more upright, knees bent sitting position. The Frontier 12 is equipped with NuCanoes Fusion Seata 360-degree swiveling seat on a sliding track to move forward and back within the cockpit of the Frontier. Sawyer Mini Water Filter, Appalachian Trail Tested! Copyright 1997-2023 The Ultimate Bass Fishing Resource Guide LLC All rights reserved. A sit-inside kayak is one where the paddler slides into the cockpit of the kayak. Within easy reach of the Ascend 128t kayak seat are a number of useful accessories that anglers need close at hand. Amazon.com: Ascend Kayak Seat 1-48 of 286 results for "ascend kayak seat" Price and other details may vary based on product size and color. Go to Wal-Mart and try to find one of the oversized pool noodles. Any chance you can take some measurements of the seat base? As far as the downside is the weight, but other than that its pretty solid, I'm thinking of maybe getting some expanding foam or making a rib of some kind because it does have a little flex to it. Then add it to the bottom rails of the seat. The famous Ascend enhanced seating system with high-back seat ensures maximum comfort. A cell phone, even if in a waterproof case or sealable bag, might not work, so dont rely on it as the primary means of emergency communication. weathertight storage, and all storage systems are waterproof and sealed tightly, so youll hardly ever see any leaks. The Ascend 12t is another platform-style, sit-on-top fishing kayak design, though it doesnt offer some of the featuresor the rock-solid stabilityof the Ascend 128t. . Additionally, the system makes it possible to run an Ascend 128t yak power trolling motor (see Modifications below for more on this). . #1 of 2 hotels in Saltsjo-Boo. Well, thats what this post is about, and I hope to answer all your burning questions, so you know whether it will be a good fit for your money or not. When adding to the users convenience, this kayak comes with a lot of features that make an anglers life easy. The 128X is an updated version of the 128t. My swivel chair for my ascend 128t has rusted out. Gunwale flats include four 16" accessory rails for ultimate customization. Power-hungry anglers and those who want a kayak with the rock-solid stability of a barge should take a look at the 128t (or the new 128X). I like how that Ascend looks like it has plenty room for my tackle boxes and a decent size cooler. The lower position also provides a better posture for increasing the output of your paddle strokes. Price and other details may vary based on product size and color. I would have no problem recommending this kayak to anyone The biggest things were the leaks. The Ascend 10T stands out because of its stable hull design with a large platform and comfortable seating area. I just happened to buy one this year and I love it. However, the Ascend 128T is much more versatile than the average kayak. See your dealer for details. If you plan on spending $500 or lessyou will likely get a thin gel seat that sits flat on the bottom of the kayak leaving you with a sore back and a numb butt. The Ascend D10 sit in model for her. I searched thules, yakima, and some off brands to no avail. So, if you want a stable kayak with convenient features at an affordable price, then you should save up for this kayak. The 12T has 2 rod holders vs 4 on the 128T. Comparing the 128t to the newer 128X, Ascend made some major changes to the stern shaping and design. This kayak is best suited for slow-moving rivers, lakes and sheltered coastal waterways. Hiking.Earth 2017 - 2023 | All Rights Reserved | Owned and Operated by Scalebloom. The open concept of the 128t is valued by anglers for the large and accessible storage space it provides. If you would like to read about the most comparable current kayak from Ascend check out the Ascend 128X. ascend 128t recall; factors affecting stability of elixir. I would recomend it, not perfect but for the price it works well. Although it is only 86 pounds, with it being as long as it is, its definitely awkward. I would definitely recommend. No matter how hard I tried I always ended up wet as all the water makes its way there. On the other hand, if you find a deal on a used 128t, this can be a great way to get a similar kayak for much lessmoney. to look for accessories that you might need. holy crap! Let me know if you all have any suggestions on this? Learn More. It performs like a $2k kayak for half the price. We appreciate your time and your support. 8 total scupper drains and 8 plugs drain excess water. I was thinking if i could find a seat that sits on a slide track like that is on the atak 140 that might work. The elevated seat position and tunnel hull make the 12t less about covering water as a paddler, and more about comfort and stability. Specifications. I am looking to replace the whole setup if possible. How much flex is it, is it reallynoticeable? As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. The Ascend 128T is a sit-on-top kayak that merges stand-up paddleboard characteristics to provide outstanding stability while standing, fishing, or paddling. 10T 2017-2022 128T 2017-2020 128X YAK 2022 12R SPORT 2021 12T 2017-2022 9R SPORT 2022 D10 2017-2022 FS10 2017-2022 H10 HYBRID 2019-2022 H12 2017 H12 HYBRID 2019-2022. . not sure how it would handle rough water. Another big difference between the Vibe Sea Ghost 130 versus the Ascend 128t is the steering system. I have the 2015 version. Yakhacker Kayak Cooler, Waterproof Seat Back Cooler for Kayaks with Lawn-Chair Style Seats, Kayak Accessories Cooler Bag, Portable Ice Chest Cooler for Kayaking, Travel, Lunch, Beaches &Trips, Kayak Carry Handles,1 Pair Worldwood Durable Canoe Boat Handle Replacement Accessory Kit for Kayaks Suitcase Luggage, Scotty #141 Kayak/SUP Transducer Mounting Arm with Gear-Head Black, Medium, 8 Pieces Kayak Scupper Plug Kit Silicone Scupper Plugs Drain Holes Stopper Bung with Lanyard, H2o Kayaks - Kayak Gear Universal Kayak Direct Drain Plug, 2 Pieces Set #4 | Kayak Decals Fish Bones Skeleton Stickers, Line Cleat for Kayak Track Mount, Kayak Anchor Cleat & Track Mount Line Cleat, Line Cleat for Rail Mount Kayak Accessories, NIUTRIP Bungee Cord Dock Line with Stainless Steel Clip Boat Rope Mooring String with Foam Float for Docking,Kayak,Watercraft,SeaDoo,Jet Ski,Pontoon,Canoe,Power Boat Accessory,4-5.5ft,2 Pack, doorslay Kayak Storage Bag Water Resistant Kayaking Bag Mesh Storage Organizer Bag for Kayaking, Travel, Lunch, Beaches & Trips, Folconroad Kayak Cooler,Waterproof Kayak Seat Back Cooler for Kayaks with Double Shoulder Straps, Kayak Accessories Cooler Bag for Keeping Drinks Cool for Travel, Beaches, AONTOKY 6 Packs Stainless Steel Kayak Track Mount Tie Down Eyelet Rail for Kayak Canoe Boat Bungee Cord or Ropes, Line Cleat for Kayak Track Mount 2 Pcs, Kayak Anchor Cleat & Track Mount Line Cleat, Line Cleat for Rail Mount Kayak Accessories, Black, Huntury Kayak Paddle Holder, Kayak Track Mount Accessories, Kayak Oar Holder for Fishing Kayak, Kayak Rail Accessories, Earth Pak -Waterproof Dry Bag - Roll Top Dry Compression Sack Keeps Gear Dry for Kayaking, Beach, Rafting, Boating, Hiking, Camping and Fishing with Waterproof Phone Case. Before this year, I would place the wheels at the front end of the boat and pull it around. This 1-person watercraft allows the paddler the ability to stand up and fish or paddle. The cockpit of the Ascend 128t kayak is an open concept, with an overall flat surface, covered with traction padding. I have the 2016 model. I have owned it for two years now. The wake definitely disturbs the fishable shore line, but the kayak stays true. Water ingress can occur at seams, screw holes or places where the hull has been cut for exterior components. The Vibe Sea Ghost 130 features a built-in rudder system. Two of these rod holders are in the forward end of the kayak, and two are just behind the seat. You may notice Ascend kayaks are found almost exclusively in Bass Pro Shops and Cabelas. It also increases visibility while fishing, and reduces the effort needed to make the transition from sitting to standing. I have the FS 128T and so far love it, its roomy and very stable. A single kayak wont always give you all the necessary tools you need. So, the added $200 is perfectly considerable, given the number of features and accessibility it provides. It has a recessed bow and stern flush-deck bungee mounting system that provides limitless options for accessories. The Ascend 128t kayak seat is a removable, elevated stadium-style seat that is mounted in small grooves molded into the cockpit of the kayak. but I have been wrong before (A LOT). So, this feature of the kayak makes it extremely versatile and powerful. The Ascend 128t and the Shadow Caster are similar designs overall. I'm thinking of doing the same, because the wind really kicks my butt every time I go to the bay and fish. So, you can rest free knowing that this kayak wont give you a hard time when you go out with it to fish. The self-bailing kayak comes with six scupper holes and plugs. The Ascend 128t kayak was designed specifically with the kayak angler in mind. Ascend designers combined stand-up paddleboard characteristics with a sit-on-top kayak fishing platform with open deck access and customization options. It had scuppers under the seat so my butt didn't stay wet, it didn't have water coming in in the first place, and it was far more stable. Since this kayak has so many amazing features, the price is also proportional. Specifically the legs/tubes. As weve talked before, the Ascend 128T provides incredible stability. The Vibe Sea Ghost 130 is a sit-on-top fishing kayak intended for use on slow-moving rivers, larger lakes and nearshore sea conditions. Well, thats what this post is about, and I hope to answer all your burning questions, so you know whether it will be a good fit for your money or not. This model comes with a pretty good gel seat with decent back support but after only an hour on the water numb butt sets in. As you can imagine, this was not a good common sense move. The Yak-Power system is a pre-wired setup for electronics running through the 128t. I went from a pelican 120 to a pescador 12', and that pescador doesn't have any room for anything. A single kayak wont always give you all the necessary tools you need. Unfortunately, these high end seats are rarely found on what I would consider budget conscious kayaks. Experience ASCEND. The Ascend FS 128T is $699 new at Bass Pro and so far I am beyond satisfied with it. Top subscription boxes right to your door, 1996-2023, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. The nearly 100-pound weight of the Ascend 128t means you will likely need to use a kayak cart to transport your 128t to and from the water. The Pelican 120 has a stern tankwell, but on the bow has an enclosed hatch. Product Details Restore the comfort and fishing ability of your high performance FS128T Angler Kayak with the Ascend Seat for FS128T Sit On Top Angler Kayak. These include a standup assist strap to give you a boost when you are going from the seated to standing position; two accessory mounts for gadgets on either side of the paddler; and four, flush mounted rod holders. So, the added $200 is perfectly considerable, given the number of features and accessibility it provides. The Ascend 128t tips the scales at 96 pounds, while the Pelican Catch 120 weighs just 66 poundsthats a weight savings of 30 pounds! The AIR. The 128t is a platform-style fishing kayak with an elevated seat position and . The downside to all this is the 128t is substantially heavier at 96 pounds, compared to 77 pounds for the 12t. Display as a link instead, But if you want similar functionality with a lower price point ($999 compared to $1,799 for the Bonafide), the Ascend 128 series gets the job done.

Yeah Boi Game Bored Button, Antigo State Baseball, Articles A