The Parasound sounded more resolving with better details than the Rotel RMB-1585. Or the transformer needed? Anthem MCA 525 Gen 2 or Parasound A52+ (Decision Made) ar surround Jul 20, 2021 Help Support QuadraphonicQuad: ar surround 2K Club - QQ Super Nova QQ Supporter Joined Apr 3, 2010 Messages 4,255 Location New Joisey Jul 20, 2021 #1 I have decided to purchase a new 5 channel power amp and would like some advice from our forum members. No way am I going to a class D amp. Im going to go out on a limb and say there probably isnt much in existence that is a true upgrade to the Parasound A51. These make use of 8 high-current bipolar output transistors per channel! Of the three, go with the Parasound A51 to match with the Studios.. Having owned several Paradigm speakers and Parasound amps in different configurations, they are a near perfect match. You are using an out of date browser. Hi mates, what external power amplifier would you guys recommend between the Anthem MCA 525 and Parasound A52+? Have an anthem MCA5 and have an issue with the centre channel right now where the dialogue for movie watching is choppy and cuts in and out when hooked up to my receiver but the same center speaker when hooked up to just the receiver never has that issue at all. Must be the local Bay Area influence. On paper, it looks like an MCA with a new face plate and a little bigger . NAD's latest Master Series power amplifier delivers seven channels of Class D grunt thanks to Purifi's new Eigentakt technology. Anthem 225 vs Parasound A21 vs Emotiva Xpa 7 Gen 2 Hey guys, I am looking for a very detailed sounding amp for Sacd playback.I am not interested in power output ,just smooth natural sound.These are my choices so far. Bear in mind when reading this that many speakers have a minimum impedance far lower than the manufacturers stated nominal impedance. No regrets so far with the Parasound. I would highly recommend a used Parasound HCA-2205AT. Need help with floorspeakers and subwoofer configuration, Recommendations for Side, Rear, and Center Speaker Stands, 2.2 kVA encapsulated toroid power transformer with independent, 164,000 F power supply filter capacitance, input impedance 47 k unbalanced; 94 k balanced, ACD 250 W/400 W, 8/4 Ohms, 0.2% THD at full power. Lots of other choices if youre thinking about buying one but if youve already got it and it functions well leave it to your kids when you die! I guess you can make the highs softer but will that work to reduce ear fatigue? there's no way to tell the difference without testing it in your system. Or is this a full range system without subs? amps-preamps 154516-93863 McIntosh 255 vs Parasound Halo A51 vs Anthem MCA 525 Looking to replace my Yamaha MX-A5000 with one of the above 5 Channel Amplifiers. So. It seems a trivial thing to note, but I always find it reassuring when I see good quality binding posts; it speaks of thoughtful craftsmanship. Anthem MCA 525 (Gen 2) 5-Channel Power Amplifier. Obviously, the McIntosh is considerably more then the other two. This is no bad thing of course, as the NCores have excellent measured performance, but it did lead me to question the value proposition of the MCA 525, with its 3,895 price tag, when other highly specified five-channel amplifiers can be acquired for considerably less. They really are nice, with no sign of wobble or flimsiness. The future of Anthem's parent company Sonic Frontiers is a little uncertain. No question about it. If it is, there was something wrong with the other amps. I had the AVM50 processor and MCA-50 amp (older model). I currently have and will use the Yamaha CX-A5100 Processor. I have decided to purchase a 5 channel amp and like the Parasound HCA-2205AT, but haven't quite figured out what the differences are between the Anthem PVA or MCA models. "Let our rigorous testing and reviews be your guidelines to A/V equipment not marketing slogans", Get our latest product reviews and AV stories emailed to you weekly. I know that A51 have more power than A5 but I have easy to drive speakers: Paradigm Studio 40 v4. I looked up the spec on the speaker, and unless you have a monster size room, 4 ohm at 91db isn't that huge of a load. These JTRS are rated down to 30 hz, and I know many tower speakers are and it's always recommended to crossover at 80hz for numerous and various reasons and let the subs do the heavy lifting, but there are towers with 6" drivers rated down to 30hz, and then there's JTRs with dual 12" drivers rated down to 30hz, surely it'll be good to use those 12" drivers and not waste them, I have a MiniDSP to smoothen out response and integrate them with subs, but will 400 wpc be enough for the lower frequencies, surely lower frequencies use more power than that calculator would suggest? Planning on using dual Captivator 2400s. The 2205 has almost twice as large of a Toroidal Transformer (2.0 versus 1.2) and almost triple the Filter Capacitance (150,000uf versus 60,000) as the XPA-5. So what are you asking for the Parasound? Anthem MCA 225 (Gen 2) 2-Channel Power Amplifier. Parasound is known for its bass extension. You at some great distance from the speakers or reaching for ear damage? The Rotel 1585 is $3,000. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Have the Halos in cabinet with open back and the front has perforations (to allow IR signal to pass etc). It is a beautiful, muscle car of an amplifier, with sports car engineering. JTRs with that much power is a bit insane IMO. It is outwardly elegant yet built like a tank. Another vote for the Anthem in that list. McIntosh 255 vs Parasound Halo A51 vs Anthem MCA 525, The world's largest high-end audio community. By all accounts, the preamp section of your receiver is top notch, basically the very well regarded AVM 60 with amplifiers. What are they? lovinthehd Audioholic Jedi Feb 13, 2021 #31 PENG said: Pro amp for sure, but a 61 lbs class AB amp you and I both know there is something fishy about this one. Anthem | MCA 525 GEN 2 | Overview (anthemav.com) "Higher Power into More Demanding Loads While most 5-channel amplifiers use a single power supply for front left and right channels and another power supply of the centre and surround, the new MCA 525 GEN 2 shares its two power supplies between all channels. So, for example, an 8 ohm speaker might have impedance dips below 4 ohms, or a 4 ohm speaker might dip below that, which can prove challenging for some amplifiers. Its built like a tank yet looks sophisticated from the front. Not a great way to scratch the itch. System is kinda in transition right now, but pics to come soon (guts and arse too). Anthem MCA 325. 7.2.4Dolby ATMOS / The WaveSystemANTHEM AVM-60ANTHEM MCA-325ANTHEM MCA-525OPPO UDP-205B&W CT 7.3 + 7.4 + 7.5ELAC . I currently have the following system in my home theater: The MCA 525 may cut out due to thermal protection if it gets too hot, and its just generally a bad idea to mix heat and electronics. Europe's busiest forums, with independent news and expert reviews, for TVs, Home Cinema, Hi-Fi, Movies, Gaming, Tech and more. So, if you're looking for more power, the Parasound A21 is the way to go. Copyright 2000-2023 M2N Limited E. & O.E. I was using a Parasound A52+ for my 5 base channels and recently went to NAD C298 for my LR channels (I also playback all 2CH music via analog path as described above) and I really like the NAD. This means it can deliver huge amounts of power instantly to any channel that demands it. British company IOTAVX knock it out the park! The overall dimensions are (H x W x D) 169mm, 438mm, 460mm. I currently have and will use the Yamaha CX-A5100 Processor. Look at Anthems AVM60. Isn't there a Parasound office across town from you BD??? Which ones? High end baby. another amp in the price range works great with M&K. Now Available: Tech Talk Podcast with Scott Wilkinson, Episode 19 Click here for details. Any input? As long as this amplifier isn't expected to perform to the level of a $2000 plus amp and you don't demand high volume from tough-to-drive speakers, this is a wonderful amp. Add to Cart. I've owned 1xHCA 2200II and 3xHCA 1200II's. I have a full 7.2.4 Canton system, with Ventos 896, 866, 876 + Atelier 900 as Back and 4x Inceiling 980, 2x XTZ 1x12 subs, and a Marantz SR7012 AVR. Ya ok but I take my bi-polar trans anyday. At 130 pounds weigh and takes up two dedicated 15 A outlet, I don't see the point. Here is a list of companies that make units with IcePower amps.. Of the two amps you mention in the original post, go with the Parasound. Whether that's worth the change to you, don't know. Thank you for the adviceit is appreciated. Used to match them with a Marantz AV7005 before that. This website uses the TMDb API but is not endorsed or certified by TMDb. I have seen a few places where Parasound makes a DAC. Quick view Parasound Halo A52+ 5 Channel Power Amplifier. I even ended up calling them and leaving a message, and still nothing. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. There's a similar duality to its sonic performance, with the Anthem capable of intimately detailed moments on the one hand and astounding dynamic transients on the other. I would personally look at your preamp before the amp, especially because of the amps youre considering. Anthem knows a thing or two about building solid, high-current power amplifiers, with conservatively-rated yet still impressive specifications. What subs are you going to use with the 212s? http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=855660&highlight=d-sonic, Need help with floorspeakers and subwoofer configuration, Recommendations for Side, Rear, and Center Speaker Stands. company number 03997482, registered in England and Wales. Parasound is famous because of John Curl, as for Anthem, they have been in business for a long time. Hi All, potentially closing a deal on the Anthem AVM 70 and could potentially cut a deal if I get the matching Anthem MCA 525 Gen 2, which is a 5 channel power amp. All sounds good, I too really enjoy my Parasound amps. Add to Cart. Its worth pausing here briefly to note the quality of the binding posts. "Let our rigorous testing and reviews be your guidelines to A/V equipment not marketing slogans", Get our latest product reviews and AV stories emailed to you weekly. Studio CC590. Not too impressed by that. "Let our rigorous testing and reviews be your guidelines to A/V equipment not marketing slogans", Get our latest product reviews and AV stories emailed to you weekly. The MCA 525 is evidently capable of attack and delicacy with music and provides detail in spades, even at levels lower than Id typically listen at. "Let our rigorous testing and reviews be your guidelines to A/V equipment not marketing slogans", Get our latest product reviews and AV stories emailed to you weekly. I have an Anthem AVM 60 with Halo A51 and A23, the Halo sounds great with the Anthem. Or? Input impedance 10 k unbalanced; 15 k balanced, Damping factor: 300, 20-1,000 Hz (Note: 300 should be more than high enough). Both, based on specs are no better than the AVR-X3700H, SR6014, and much worse than the X3600H measured by ASR, but I guess only golden ears know the difference in use. Yeah but, does that mean the MCA is better then? Despite this, the Anthem will use less than 2W when in standby mode. I sent an email to Anthem asking some questions about the MCA 325 3 weeks ago, and still haven't heard back. All I gotta say is WOW! Ferrys vocals sounded natural and present during Roxy Musics Love is the Drug, and the various saxophones in Radioheads The National Anthem were clearly etched during its crescendo, rendered with almost overwhelming detail.

Sijara Eubanks Related To Chris Eubanks, Mount Ord Az, Dutch Painters 21st Century, 60 Vessel Sink Vanity, Outboard Fuel Line Quick Connect, Articles A