Click to view larger version. We have chosen to keep our model names tied to the electronics rather than the shape or scale length, so you will see short scale Series I basses with the default Small Standard shape and some with the Standard Omega shape. 21 March 1976, Anaheim, California, on stage with Alembic Series I Omega with flame-figured top. You hear the player, not the bass. It's just that when you take a 50% hit on a bass that costs $11k, it's more noticeable than when you take a 50% hit on a $1.5k bass. We also host lessons with elite bassist, Dave LaRue on the weekends. Mahogany is the primary neck wood for a more rounded and warm tone. This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. Courtesy Colin Baker. It is very special. On the Alembic theyre red lights instead L.E.D.s. While Alembic has largely eschewed celebrity endorsements, the company has made two exceptions to this rule. 13 July 1985, Live Aid, last use of the Sunn 412L 412 and Mega 118 rig. Your purchases help youth music programs get the gear they need to make music. Featuring: ", "Pacific High Recording, Alembic, His Master's Wheels, 60 Brady Street, San Francisco, CA", "Alembic: Sound Wizards to the Grateful Dead", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Alembic_Inc&oldid=1111541660, This page was last edited on 21 September 2022, at 14:30. or Best Offer. Click images to view larger versions. Johns first Alembic bass guitars, made in Santa Rosa, California, which he used as his primary instruments from October 1975 to October 1976, when they were replaced with the Explorer-style Alembics. com. 1975, with Alembic Series 1 bass with flame-figured top. France, No, because the Alembic has individual pick-up pre-sets on the back, so if you wind them up, you dont lose anything on the volume control. Its also got this feedback effect when you have all the frequency switches right down in their lowest positions, you get this sort of signing sound. While Roger and Pete used Mesa-Boogie 412 cabs for the remainder of the 1982 Farewell Tour, this was Johns only stage use of Mesa-Boogie. Yeah, I sort of pioneered the trebly bass sound, the piano sound, and I use an awful lot of treble. Five-pin (Cannon) and standard jack connectors. Alembic. Well, at the side of the guitar neck, youve usually got small marker dots. // ]]> -->. At least three of these Gelf racks built by Kenny Flegg of Gelf. Please include the serial number of your instrument in the comment area of your order so we may update the records. Show More. Add to Cart. The instrument is currently owned by Brad Rodgers of whocollection.com. The Alembic store is open, with new T-shirts and patches. Neck is great. SPONSORED. 1979, performing Trick of the Light, with John on 8-string Alembic Explorer and Pete playing 4-string Alembic Series I. Wonderful series 1 long scale bass from Alembic, 1976. The Series I is as much of a powerhouse today as it was back in 1972 and nothing short of a Series II even comes close. The company has also nurtured some of the greatest luthiers of all time, including Rick Turner and Doug Irwin. Its a lot clearer in fact, its very hard to get it to sound dirty. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data. Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices. Rogers CP103 and Mesa-Boogie 412 visible at right. Founded in 1969, the company began manufacturing pre-amps before building complete instruments. Hamer Quad Standard 12-string bass, courtesy (12stringbass.com [archived]). The instrument is currently owned by Brad Rodgers of whocollection.com. I can have four different sounds going on at once, with the equalization of the preamps and four amp heads. https. > I have an Alembic Series I that I bought from Stanley Clarke. Cream finish with chequered binding; through neck with rosewood fingerboard, dot markers. rick4001s. Look here: Alembic - Stanley Clarke Signature Basses. Effects Occasionally Ill use a Boss Chorus. [2]:35ff The company took over Pacific High Recording Studios in 1971, and the studio was renamed Alembic Studios. While they are pleasing to the eye, keep in mind that different combinations will shape the way the string behaves, thus influencing the tone. Bass guitar Stanley Clarke Greg Lake ELP . sunburst Hofner Violin BB2 bass Hofner BB2 contemporary electric bass flame maple hofner bass guitar in stock free shipping. Well, its got a whole frequency sweep on it. Alembic Mark King Deluxe 5-String, Cocobolo with Ebony and LED's *Similar On Order, ETA = Oct. 2022 . Performance & security by Cloudflare. Alembic Mark King Deluxe 5, Buckeye Burl / Ebony *Similar On Order, ETA Dec. 2022, Alembic Stanley Clarke Signature Deluxe, Buckeye Burl with Ebony and Blue LED's, Alembic Stanley Clarke "Brown Bass", Walnut Top/Back with Ebony *Green LED's, Alembic Stanley Clarke "Brown Bass", Walnut Top/Back with Ebony *Red LED's, Alembic Mark King Deluxe (4), Buckeye Burl / Ebony / Blue LED's *On Order, ETA April 2023, Alembic Mark King Deluxe 4, Cocobolo with Ebony and Red/Blue LED's *Similar On Order, ETA Dec. 2022, Alembic Stanley Clarke "Brown Bass", Walnut Top/Back with Ebony *Blue LED's, Alembic Mark King Deluxe 5-String, Cocobolo with Ebony and LED's *Similar On Order, ETA = Oct. 2022. 1975, Sunn rig (with amplifier rack barely visible at far left): two Sunn 412 speaker cabs (outside top), two Sunn 312 312 speaker cabs (inside top), two Sunn 118 speaker cabs (outside bottom), two Sunn W 118 reflex bins (inside bottom). [3][4], Inspired by the wide frequency response of the Hagstrom Bi-sonic pickups installed in Phil Lesh and Jack Casady's Guild Starfire basses, Ron Wickersham and Rick Turner designed low-impedance pickups and electronics with greater bandwidth than the high-impedance pickups typical in electric guitars and basses of the time. This 1993 bass is in incredible condition for its age showing almost no signs of use! John's first Alembic bass, natural finish zebra wood. Ca. Here's an incredible 5-string Alembic Rogue Bass with an Ash top and maple and purpleheart accent woods. // ]]> -->, Ca. In fact, we were making them before we even had model names or a catalog. > > Kind of a cool story see details, Lake can be seen in this photo playing an Alembic Series 1. see details, In this video you can see John McVie playing his Alembic bass at 2:50. see details, The only time Curt was seen with an Alembic was while performing "Shout" on Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 1985. Very Good items may show a few slight marks or scratches but are fully functional and in overall great shape. 1974 Alembic Series I in zebra wood. Retail prices effective January 1, 2023. Sunn Bass bin road case, courtesy rockstarsguitars.com. We don't think of them as separate entities, the pickups and electronics work together as a system, a complete thought. Later, I was on holiday in Los Angeles and I found a guitar shop that sold nice old guitars. Gibson are trying to make me something similar using the same tone circuitry as the Alembic. document.write('Photo: John Selby, Rex Features'); 1975, on stage with Alembic Series I with flame-figured top. The bass tones of John Entwistle of The Who and John Paul Jones of Led Zeppelin are classic examples of the signature Alembic sound. Johns second Alembic, natural maple finish with maple and walnut laminate neck. Estimated 2,0003,000; sold for 3,840. We can help you choose the right woods for your custom bass. May 17, 2009 #12. 1981 Top of the Pops television performance with the Alembic V bass. Sunn 412 cabinet, courtesy rockstarsguitars.com. He bought it from the Sothebys May 2003 auction of Johns estate. 10 watchers The action you just performed triggered the security solution. // ]]> -->. Some particularly noteworthy Alembic bass guitars on eBay. Univox "Lectra Beatle Bass Catalog page / Price List 1970-71. I use two stereo Stramp pre-amps and four big Sunn slave amps. 1988. Your IP: Founded in 1969 in the San Francisco Bay Area, Alembic is still going strong to this day, producing the most artistic, finely crafted, and imaginative electric instruments in the world. Please check the fields highlighted in red. Click to view larger version. The Definitive Online Tablature and Gear Resource for The Who since 1997. I was getting all the necks straightened at the time, so just for a laugh, I brought along the Alembic and plugged it in. See. They feature active electronics and brass hardware. [2]:35ff. Items must be returned in original, as . Ships fast via USPS priority. There are a variety of body shapes for the Series I bass. The series electronics are all working well and sound great. Alembic Guitar and Bass Catalog 1989 12 pages in very good condition. Ca. Some of the data that are collected include the number of visitors, their source, and the pages they visit anonymously. Around November 1979, John replaced the Sunn W 118 bins with Mega 118 cabs with Gauss drivers. This information, along with all other content included in Whotabs, is intended for private study, scholarship or research. First sold in 1988 by John in Sothebys auction (Rock n Roll Memorabilia 19561984 The Property of John Entwistle, Sothebys, London, 7th April, 1988). Your purchases also help protect forests, including trees traditionally used to make instruments. Johns first Alembic bass, natural finish zebra wood. Quad pickup only, no humbucker installed in second route (a cream DiMarzio humbucker was later added in the open route); 21-fret rosewood set neck; custom double- and triple-dot markers. The task is another of Alan Rogans responsibilities. Through the 1980s, Alembic introduced several new models. The basses and guitars built using this configuration would later become known as the Series I and II, and were available in a variety of scale lengths and body shapes. Topped by Conn Strobotuner. About This Listing. Except for its handedness, these qualities of an Alembic bass guitar influence its sound, performance, and playability. Of the many Alembic bass guitars for sale on eBay are several worth noting for their exceptionality, including the following: 1980 Alembic Series I four-string bass in walnut or rosewood mahogany with ebony fingerboard. According to the original lot description the LED side markers on the guitar were at the request of Entwistle as an essential tool when the stage was entirely blacked out during The Whos concerts in 1975 and 1976. Oct 19, 2015 #2. We've been making Series I basses longer than any other model in our catalog. $565.00. Topped by Conn Strobotuner. No idea why, but they sound great. A funny story about the delivery of eight 4120 tops to the Who: we made a special version of the 4120 preamp section for John Entwistle.

Chemistry Matters Answer Key, Toradora Taiga, Heave Ho Switch Walkthrough, Articles A