Size -- Quantity No. The .44 Magnum loads were also a bit modest and could have been pushed harder. Edition 6.0 is the current manual. I am trying it under 124gn Moly, 6.0 works fine. The Browning 147-grain FMJ load produced the smallest 50-shot group, which measured 1.91. Made in the USA. The usual big name U.S. manufacturers, CCI, Federal, Remington and Winchester, don't offer anything over 147 grains. Mikey Hartman, Lt. Col. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. Do you concur? You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers. BrianEnos.com display: none; Nov 22, 2010. This is a late reply so hopefully you still have both eyes and your face is unscarred. (Ret.) From hunters and military members, to competition shooters and general firearm enthusiasts, we welcome anyone who values and respects the way of the firearm. No. Joseph VonBenedikt is with Joel Hodgdon to talk about the improved accuracy and long-range potential of the already reliable Core-Lokt ammo line. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. This is a similar powder to Ramshot True Blue, but takes more powder to achieve similar velocity. Do not roll crimp or it will not allow the cartridge to headspace properly. Like a ball powder version of Unique, #5 can be used in just about any handgun cartridge. It can do higher velocity loads, although it is nowhere near the best choice for +P or +P+, as True Blue, CFE Pistol, or Silhouette would be superior in that regard. What was the problem? You want to get another 200fps for what reason. Can anybody chime in on this for me? We recommend that you use published lead load data from reputable sources. //Place this code as high in the head tag as possible } Weights varied no more than a half-grain for the 9mm and .38-caliber bullets and a grain or so for the .44- and .45-caliber bullets. I switched over to AA#2 for a little faster powder. //Additionally place this code immediately after the opening body tag This parameter is determined by various dimensions such as 1) magazine length (space), 2) freebore-lead dimensions of the barrel, 3) ogive or profile of the projectile and 4) position of cannelure or crimp groove." This is a far above average versatile powder for 9 MM and a good overall choice. Based on the pressure's listed for those loads and the cartridge's MAP, I worked up just a tad higher, and again, the test gun was a 4.2" Ruger GP100 in .357 Magnum. Low recoil and low flash make No. NEVER MIX PRIMERS of different makes; 2. 5 is a fast burning, double-base, spherical handgun propellant. Jacketed bullets range from about 0.017" to 0.032". One publication I have states 5.2 to 5.6gr and another indicates 4.8 to 5.2. Started using aa5 for 9mm, when I was shooting Berry's plated 115 grain at about 130 pf. Was hoping to start much lower. Available in different sizes and red dot ready, it'll fit your needs, whatever they are. Only drawbacks I see are that AA #5 is hot and the moly coated bullets like a slower powder. More than you will ever need. (See note on Powders below or read all about various Powders .) Accurate No. Plated bullets cost about the same as cast bullets unless you pour your own. Max It Taylor emphasized that a crimp that is too heavy will likely cut the plating, and when the round is fired, the rear portion will strip off the core. BrianEnos.com You cannot paste images directly. AR15.COM is the world's largest firearm community and is a gathering place for firearm enthusiasts of all types. 5: 147 gr. I believe AA5 is a slower burning powder. Radial vs. Directional Muzzle Brakes: Which Is Best? Accurate No. This powder is extremely versatile and can be used in many handgun calibers. You owe it to yourself to try Berrys plated handgun bullets. #logo_trans { If you would like to be on our Mailing List to receive updates and special offers, please fill out the form below: Accurate is an exclusive brand of Hodgdon Powder Co., Inc. Copyright 2023 All rights reserved. } font-weight: 400; I can't post my load as its above published charge but my oal is quite long (worked up the load in my guns). Your link has been automatically embedded. We continue to prioritize our shipments to our traditional sales channels to maximize powder availability at retailers. old booksyea they have revised a lot of data from when I started reloading. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. See less See more It is a little slower than Unique but has the same applications. Pasted as rich text. Accuracy is ruined, and the bullets will keyhole. The Mossberg 500 Pump Action Shotgun is one of the most popular home defense shotguns on the market. We continue to prioritize our shipments to our traditional sales channels to maximize powder availability at retailers. Hi Ya, I would tend to agree but then what is sound advise?So far I am using CCI small pistol primer. margin-top: 40px !important; Ive been loading 6.3gr's for 115grn plated. Remington: Golden Saber: Any brand-Small Pistol: Details: Accurate - No. Accurate No. 7 is also a cost effective solution in larger magnum handgun calibers. The maxorder quantity of any powder SKU is, https://shop.hodgdon.com/sites/www/files/2022-04/2022-Accurate-Double%20Base-St. For more information, go towww.P65Warnings.ca.gov. One new winner* is announced every week! Exposure to heat causes primer deterioration; 3. SIG Sauer P365 Pistol Now Offered in .380, 6.8 Western Ammo Options: The Load of Long Yardage. I'd just start at 4.8 and work up, slowly, with a timer. I thought I might try my luck with it in 9mm instead of storing it for emergency powder. A forum community dedicated to Ruger firearm owners and enthusiasts. While not ideal for minor loads, I found #5 to be almost identical to HS6 for 9 major loads. WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Comparable jacketed bullets cost up to 50 percent more. Works well for 9mm, and I use AA2 for target 45acp. Their subsonic velocity is ideal for suppressors. Powders that give me the best accuracy in .45 auto: Thanks for all the replies. Some loads are over manufacturer book MAXIMUMS. The ammo it liked the least was the Blazer 115-grain FMJ, with a group of 5.92. Sign up to get updates and access to exclusive promotions. I got about 1030 fps out of a 4.25 Smith M & P. Memphis, much obliged, I had used handloads.com. The .284 Winchester Cartridge: Still A Long-Range Champ, .300 PRC vs. .300 Win Mag: Rifle Cartridge Comparison Review, A World Record Attempt: Practice Round and Media Day, Interview with Israeli Defense Forces, Part 1. I use 5.3 gr #5 with 125 lead. Made in the USA. 1911s: Kimber Ultra Carry II, Springfield TRP Armory Kote. I have some Accurate #5 and want to reload some 9mm 115gr plated bullets. Clear editor. For more information, go towww.P65Warnings.ca.gov. Should verk fine in loonger barrel. The container of copper acts as the anode, and over a specific period of time (hours), the electrolysis process leaches copper ions from the blocks and deposits them on the lead slug surfaces. It is particularly well suited to the 357 Sig and 10mm Auto, providing high velocities and excellent case-fill. Shop No. Hodgdon Reloading | Home 9mm, 124gr has 16 powders with recipes in the Hodgdon/Win/IMR group 4.4 is the max for 231 according to the site at 1037 fps iirc. } Joseph Von Benedikt is with Jorge Spat to learn all about it. You should find a lot of suitable loads. In the .300 Blackout, No. I have used AA#5 but my current load is with WSF and a 124 gr bullet. No change in accuracy at 25 and a 9 inch drop at 100yds. Display as a link instead, Never noticed much smoke. Vihtavuori 3N37 Similar to Ramshot Silhouette Hodgdon HS-6 Excellent all around powder Hodgdon CFE Pistol Excellent all around powder Vihtavuori N340 z-index: 110 !important; margin-left: -40px !important; Learn the difference between revolvers and semi-auto pistols and what makes them different. went to range 2day to test some new rounds. Load data for 29 loads in caliber .357 SIG with .355 | 100gr | Peregrine SD 9mm+P bullet including underlying parameters such as bullet length, cartridge length and case capacity. 125 gr. We do not take backorders and our Tech Services team cannot take orders via email or phone. The most accurate cast bullet load I've found in all my 9mms is 4.9 grains AA#5 with Lee 124 gr truncated cone TL bullets. . I should have started using them years ago. This accuracy test shows that 9 Major ammunition can be very accurate and consistently accurate as reflected by firing all 25 shots in one group. margin-left: 56px !important; Researching my load manuals, I discovered both Western and Hodgdon offer specific data for Berrys plated bullets. Are you looking for a fast feet per second load? margin-top: 5px !important; WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Do you concur?. AA5 is a versatile powder in 9mm. '&l='+l:'';j.async=true;j.src= 7 is an excellent choice for high performance semi-auto handguns such as the 357 Sig, 38 Super, and 40 S&W. No. AR15.Com reserves the right to overwrite or replace any affiliate, commercial, or monetizable links, posted by users, with our own. GONRA suggests UNIQUE powder. To help get you started with load data we have collected information from what we consider to be a reliable source for easy reference. Shooter's Reference Load Data for 9 mm Luger Toggle navigation Loading Data Warning Manufacturer Loading Data Cartrige Powder Recommendations Powder Burn Rate Chart Primer Manufacturer Chart Shellholder Chart Bullet Abbreviations User Loading Data My Components My Loading Data All User Loading Data Components Bullets Primers Powders Itll make plinking ammo that runs just like factory stuff, just fine. Ive been reloading for nearly 50 years, but until recently, I had never loaded plated bullets. Here's 50 rounds from my new Dillon square B loader. Cast bullets for 9mm (like Lead RN) are often .356 diameter. Seems to be too much as I recently loaded Berry's 124gr RN with 5.4 to 5.6gr. 1. In reviewing data I see my standard 115 load is above listed max. Paste as plain text instead, #home_powder_nav { If you try and use less than a full charge, you will get unburned power and erratic results. Upload or insert images from URL. .wp-image-3774 { You can post now and register later. My most accurate 9mm load to date is a Remington 147 match FMJ seated to 1.100" in FC brass over 3.6 grain IMR SR 7625, CCI 500 primer. Plated bullets are like a hybrid version of a jacketed and cast or swaged lead bullet. Use near-max load data and bullets of 127 grains or less for the best performance in carbines. Here are some of the loads we tried with this powder.. And the .45 Schofield cowboy loads recorded lower velocities than expected but delivered excellent accuracy. Load tothe minimum charge weight if youre shooting lead or coated bullets: they run considerably faster than jacketed ammo will. While not ideal for minor loads, I found #5 to be almost identical to HS6 for 9 major loads. I usually reserve #7 for mid range loads in the .357 Mag. Seems to be too much as I recently loaded Berry's 124gr RN with 5.4 to 5.6gr. } But for plinking, target shooting, and routine personal-defense needs, the very good performance of handloads loaded with Berrys plated handgun bullets was eye-opening for me. This is over the 3.3 grain max in IMR data for a 147 XTP, but the FMJ doesn't seat as deep, and I worked up to it carefully. We do not take backorders and our Tech Services team cannot take orders via email or phone. Also, gas blows by the bullet base, further damaging the bullet and causing it to tumble. Looked at my receipt, apparently powders aren't returnable. This is a light load and travels about 1030-1040 fps out of my 9mm 1911 guns. It's accurate and reliable. I was taught to respect my elders . problem is, I'm having a hard time finding them.. Learn more here: http://bit.ly/1G7xXag. 2 is a non-position sensitive powder and low charge weights make it an economical and versatile choice for high volume handgun shooters. most mid range powders will perform best at the upper end of the scale vs reduced loads. When we are sold out, we are sold out. Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. But I'm shooting competition and keeping power factor down. 5 offers a wide performance range from target and Cowboy Action applications to full power defense loads. #popmake-3788 a:hover { Display as a link instead, My Speer #14 book shows 6.7 as max with 115 fmj. Clear editor. .wp-image-3774 { Low recoil and low flash make No. Sure beats my single station. If you use a separate taper crimp die, again lightly crimp the case mouth to remove the flare. The next largest group was the Fiocchi 115-grain FMJ, at 5.45. Don't think I've ever tried it in 9mm, but it's a super powder for 45acp. he used AA #5 6gn to load 115 gn plated at 1.15" oal. 115 and 124 are loud with a sonic pop. Because it worked for us, doesn't mean it is safe for you. My favorite powder is Alliant Power Pistol. We place limited powder inventory for sale on a regular basis on our website. I found a good load for Ramshot Silhouette at 5.4 (good accuracy at 7 yds, cycled well), though I may nudge it up a bit to see how it acts at 5.5-5.6 (but I have more Acc 5 than R.S). . Never exceed the Maximum Load GENERAL GUIDELINES: 17 HORNET Barrel: 24" Twist: 1-10" Primer: WIN WSR Bullet Diameter: 0.172" Case: HORN Max Case Length: 1.340" Trim Length: 1.330" ACCURATE 5744 20 NOSLERVARMGT 10.13,106 3,42411.2 49,0181.720 25 BRG VARMNT 9.52,828 3,12510.5 49,6741.720 Load Load #5 is my favorite pistol powder, for .45acp and 9mm. With the 9x19, best accuracy is generally achieved with powders that are slower than AA5 (see Power Pistol). This is a far above average versatile powder for 9 MM and a good overall choice. Or I'll pick up some jacketed bullets some day and try again. I bought a pound can of Accurate #5, ( only pistol powder I could find at the time) I tried it in my 45 and didn't care for it so I thought I might use it up in my 9's and make my Unique go farther. Accurate #7 is about as slow a powder as 9mm can use. color: white; Lighter and tougher and more precise than ever, it's the perfect back country hunting rifle. 5 a shot. 7 is an intermediate burning, double-base, spherical powder suitable for a wide range of handgun calibers. Plated should be close to that ballpark. Just curious: Is your 9mm load heavier than +p load data? @media screen and (max-width: 767px) and (min-width: 200px) { #powderqa { While my PC carbine finishes her last few days in jail I have been researching cartridge recipes. This makes this powder more dangerous if you make a reloading error. Second, after seating the bullet to the required cartridge overall length (COL), you should back off the seating stem and adjust the die to lightly crimp the case mouth onto the bullet shank. 8.8gr-9.0gr under a 115gr pill nets 171PF out of a full size w/ 3 popples, the dot tracks well. Go to the Accurate or Ramshot websites. They're both owned by Western Powder Co. and their new #5 load guide lists data for both brands of powder, and you can download it to your computer. plated in 9mm so was looking at load data. I use them with 115 grain JHP's. They are all great powders that seem to work well in the small, high pressure cases. Accurate: No. Although they look like a jacketed bullet, the copper plating is not as robust, so they are typically loaded with less aggressive, cast bullet load data. No. 8.8gr-9.0gr under a 115gr pill nets 171PF out of a full size w/ 3 popples, the dot tracks well. width: 70px !important; When used at full charge, it will burn clean and give excellent results. We place limited powder inventory for sale on a regular basis on our website. Bayou Bullet 150gr SWC and 3.3 gr 800x make my PC9 and G17 sound like a pellet gun when suppressed. By Toggle navigation Powder Through. Remember, the plating is relatively thin, and unlike cast or some jacketed bullets, plated bullets dont have a crimping groove. I used a lot of AA #5. Got away from it when Obama got elected and you loaded whatever you could find. If youre loading coated bullets, it could leave your gun dirtier than you might like, but wont physically hurt anything. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. www.ramshot.com. Don't see a load you want to use or want to input your own? The plating acts as the buffer between the lead core and the rifling while its accelerating and spinning down the barrel. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win. j=d.createElement(s),dl=l!='dataLayer'? Your previous content has been restored. Posted by Terry L. Spencer on Mar 11th 2023 . But do you know how to properly use them? Your link has been automatically embedded. We show you how. Made in the USA. This isn't your grandpa's muzzleloading system. new Date().getTime(),event:'gtm.js'});var f=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0], 2 is an extremely fast burning, double-base, spherical handgun powder suitable for use in a wide range of handgun calibers. For rifle and pistol reloading, just select the cartridge you're using and it will return data for you to browse for every bullet weight, manufacturer, and powder in their line up or you can select the bullet weight, manufacturer, and/or powder that you want to use to get more focused results. The Staying Power of the .257 Roberts Cartridge. I wasn't liking the smoke the AA#5 was making shooting indoors. Do not load beyond manufacturer recommended max charges. This is fine for my action pistol shooting needs. Planned to use Accurate #5 as I've been happy with it. 5 Load data is available on the manufacturer's web site . Probably just under 1000ps. Accurate #5 with 115 gr. Loadbooks USA's reloading data for 9mm, has at least two sections of 9mm rifle data. Second Media Corp., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. IMO, True Blue is the powder to beat in that regard and I've used it to make very accurate loads in 9mm, .40 S&W and .45 ACP. Berrys doesnt offer specific load data but suggests using published data for the same caliber and weight jacketed or cast bullet as long as the estimated velocity does not exceed the limit noted on the product label. Last but not least, I made two .38 Special +P loads using Hodgdon's data, but I used the RMR 125 gr. 7: . }. But that is the load we got with 115gn Plated also. 5 is a fast burning, double-base, spherical handgun propellant. (function(w,d,s,l,i){w[l]=w[l]||[];w[l].push({'gtm.start': Accurate #5 with 115 gr. } cast bullets. They run 100% reliable in both of them and my G19. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. #popmake-3788 a { } On Accurate's load data (which was just. Xtreme Defense slugs. Paste as plain text instead, Okay, so that bit of advice from Bear Creek on burn rate, velocity, what constitutes slow VS fast in terms of velocity, and the implication that fast burning means hot - - that is all so generalized and lacking in context as to be meaningless.

Linksys E5350 Bridge Mode, Maytag 3000 Series Dryer Parts Diagram, Olivia Stardew Valley 10 Hearts, Articles A