Enter a VIN to learn if a specific vehicle needs to be repaired as part of a recall. 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE. I used to think Hondas were awesome, but I guess it just depends on your luck. In one complaint filed in June of 2020, the owner of a 2013 Accord claims that the starter has failed on three separate occasionsand that it always occurs specifically on a cold start. Damn, don't tell me I have to replace the Starter! Honda has received four reports of engine compartment fires in the United States related to this issue, all within the "salt belt" area. If you dont you may find yourself with an intermittent button and an engine that dies occasionally. The car has had only 1 previous owner and has I'd been having intermittent problems starting for at least a year. My problem seems to be associated with whether the tires were turned to be straight forward when I turned off the car. Combines the Side Barrier Driver and the Side Pole Star Ratings into a Front Seat rating. LolI only gave my opinion on push start cars.. Just because your car comes with that option doesn't mean you can bash other users if your butt hurt :x. The recall began during August 2013. When he called he said his tech replicated the problem starting and said they would follow the suggested repair given by the TSB. Thanks so much! CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013-2014 Honda Accord is showing signs of an electrical problem with the starter failing soon after the 36K mile warranty expires. 4. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start. But recently, even though I have the steering wheel centered and brake pedal can be pushed easily, I can still have the start problem. Have my fingers crossed but will look at the redesigns of both Honda and Toyota for 2018. Avoid scams, deal locally Beware wiring (e.g. One thing to try would be to put the key fob in the slot first to see if that helps at all. Replaced the battery, but that did not fix it. JL. We bought a 2005 CRV that was great and we put 190K miles on it and it was almost trouble free. This is one of the easiest ways to reset the check engine light of your vehicle. Enter your year, model, and trim for information about your Honda. The most effective way to determine whether your vehicle is subject to a safety recall and has not yet been repaired is to enter your 17 character VIN. 2013 Honda Accord 4dr inline-4 Touring (highest trim package) with 170,000 km. Uncomfortable seats has been a significant complaint with the Accord since the 2008 model year. Honda's number for this recall is KG0. This website provides information about safety recalls announced in the past 15 calendar years; older recalls are not included. It's compounded by reports that the OEM battery doesn't have sufficient amps to start the V6 reliably after a year or two. He had already looked over my info on the TSB. There are other problems, Honda. I had to change the battery. Recall information from this VIN lookup tool is provided by the manufacturer conducting the recall. post id: 7610340027. posted: 2023-04-14 09:08. I called Honda Canada to see if they had any service bulletins or recalls for this problem and they said no. If your family mechanic does the recall repairs, youll probably be responsible for the cost. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. This intermittently prevents the plungers contact from contacting the battery-side contact to complete the circuit between the battery and starter motor. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Can't say enough about Myrna, she is the best!!! What You Should Do:Honda will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the drive shafts, replacing both the left and right drive shafts, if necessary, free of charge. I suspect the static noise is the result of an intermittent connection rapidly cycling the starter relay. If so, look at the paperwork that came with the manual for the path to pursue the problem beyond the dealer. The first time you have Honda replace a starter, ask for a warranted part. (Just google this TSB.) Or, do you mean they saw the issue but could not diagnose the problem? No, never have any problem with the remote start. And oh yeah they would replace the starter. I dropped my car off at the independent shop, picked it up a few days later and so far it has started on first push every time. It seems like several others have had the same problem and have had to have their starter replaced. After numerous attempts, Im usually able to get it to crank. I repeated this to see if I got the same result and sure enough, the same phenomenon. Make sure the letter O was not entered in place of the number 0. 2014 Honda Accord EXL V6 w/Nav - push button start & OEM Upgrade Security System. Use your VIN or plate to find out. Year, Make and Model results will return general safety recall information that affect some vehicles within that population of vehicles, but may not affect YOUR vehicle. 2013 Honda Accord EX-L By dealer 63k miles Automatic 4 cylinder 2.4L FWD Gas: 27/city 36/hwy Keyless entry Push button start Turn signal mirrors Blind spot/Lane departure warning Power. Fail prematurely, suddenly and refuse to charge. The first thing you have to do is to connect the tool to the On-board diagnostic connector (OBD- II). However, the vehicle continued to have the same issues, sometimes taking several attempts to get the car started. Interim notices are expected to be mailed on July 31, 2017. There is one exception to the fact that recall repairs are free vehicles older than 10 years old are outside the statute of limitation and usually dont qualify. Enjoy the coffee and friendly staff while I am waiting. Hi All, It is nearly a month I reported this Push To Start Problem I am having. Recalls may not affect every vehicle of the same year, make and model. My car has that too, even though it uses a key to start. 2013 HONDA ACCORD ENGINE START PUSH BUTTON IGNITION SWITCH W/ SMART KEY FOB OEM. Big thanks to Kelly Watson, Kelly Pollard and Douglas Davis! Paul G. I have a 2014 Honda Accord EX-L 4 cylinder. Okay, now we are ready to troubleshoot. While no recall was issued for these starter issues, a class-action lawsuit was filed against Honda in 2017. Its been driving fine for year and half. This car has had more issues than my 20 year old F150 with 188K on it. Remove the oil dipstick and clean it. Anytime this happened, I was always able to jump it off from another vehicle and always successfully crank it. The fuel tank neck may be out of specification causing the fuel pump to not properly seal to the fuel tank. Official recalls have been issued for the 2013 Honda Accord by the NHTSA. push button start problem I own a 2014 Honda Accord with the same problem as the reader that was published in our daily paper. I really like my Accord, but may have to consider another brand if this company refuses to stand behind their products. Call 561-243-4600 for more information. Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain 2013-2016 Honda Accord vehicles. Remedy parts are currently unavailable. Free shipping for many products! Eventually, the car quit starting entirely so I had it towed to Goodyear. I started to get really concerned now afraid of being stranded far from home. Free shipping for many products! The car dealer NEVER mentioned that there was a official HONDA SERVICE bulletin about this subject. All the parts and labor necessary to complete the repair are paid for by the manufacturer (who reimburses the dealer). The only problem is, it doesn't happen all the time. The vehicle could also roll away if the parking brake has not been applied before the vehicle has been exited. Unfortunately my car did not start at all when I pushed the start button. You should never start the car unless the brakes are applied, and this feature makes sure you dont. Maybe that is the cause of my problem. Will do buisness with again when car shopping again Thanks!!! Ditch the optima battery. Now I feel that the car is not reliable.. Getting rid of it at the end of the year and never getting a Honda again. CarComplaints.com is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. 2.3K 835K views 6 years ago This video will show you how I fixed Honda Accord push button start problem that does not activates ignition switch. Recalls are only issued in cases where the vehicles safety is in question, but that doesnt mean youre in immediate danger. Noone was pushy, they listened to what I wanted. I have a 2013 Honda Accord V6; purchased new in 2013. To see if your specific vehicle is affected.css-meid3g{-webkit-align-items:center;-webkit-box-align:center;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;background-color:transparent;border-radius:4px;border-style:none;cursor:pointer;display:-webkit-inline-box;display:-webkit-inline-flex;display:-ms-inline-flexbox;display:inline-flex;-webkit-box-pack:center;-ms-flex-pack:center;-webkit-justify-content:center;justify-content:center;outline:0;padding:0;text-align:center;-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;padding-bottom:0;padding-top:0;width:auto;}.css-meid3g >span{border-radius:4px;-webkit-box-pack:center;-ms-flex-pack:center;-webkit-justify-content:center;justify-content:center;height:100%;opacity:1;transition-timing-function:ease-in-out;width:100%;}.css-meid3g >span span{display:-webkit-inline-box;display:-webkit-inline-flex;display:-ms-inline-flexbox;display:inline-flex;-webkit-align-items:center;-webkit-box-align:center;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;line-height:0;padding:4px;vertical-align:bottom;}.css-meid3g:hover >span>div>div{-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;}.css-meid3g[disabled],.css-meid3g[disabled]:hover,.css-meid3g.disabled,.css-meid3g.disabled:hover,.css-meid3g:disabled{opacity:.35;pointer-events:none;}.css-meid3g >span{-webkit-transition:background 0.25s,box-shadow 0.25s;transition:background 0.25s,box-shadow 0.25s;-webkit-transform:scale(1);}.css-meid3g:hover >span{box-shadow:0 10px 20px rgba(0,0,0,0.2);}@media all and (-ms-high-contrast:none){.css-meid3g:hover{box-shadow:0 10px 20px rgba(0,0,0,0.2);}.css-meid3g:hover >span{box-shadow:none;}}.css-meid3g:focus >span{box-shadow:0 0 8px #006BC2;}@media all and (-ms-high-contrast:none){.css-meid3g:focus{box-shadow:0 0 8px #006BC2;}.css-meid3g:focus >span{box-shadow:none;}}.css-meid3g:active >span{box-shadow:inset 0 0 0 1000px rgba(192,192,192,0.4);}@media all and (-ms-high-contrast:none){.css-meid3g:active{box-shadow:none;}.css-meid3g:active >span{box-shadow:inset 0 0 0 1000px rgba(192,192,192,0.4);}}@media all and (-ms-high-contrast:none){.css-meid3g{padding-top:0;padding-bottom:0;}}.css-17ub3kk{-webkit-align-items:center;-webkit-box-align:center;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;display:-webkit-box;display:-webkit-flex;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;box-sizing:border-box;font-family:"Montserrat",sans-serif;font-size:18px;line-height:24px;font-weight:600;letter-spacing:0;min-height:32px;padding-left:32px;padding-right:32px;background:#006BC2;color:#ffffff;-webkit-transition:background 0.25s,box-shadow 0.25s;transition:background 0.25s,box-shadow 0.25s;-webkit-transform:scale(1);}.css-17ub3kk span{height:22px;}.css-17ub3kk:after{content:'';min-height:inherit;}.css-17ub3kk[disabled],.css-17ub3kk[disabled]:hover,.css-17ub3kk.disabled,.css-17ub3kk.disabled:hover,.css-17ub3kk:disabled{pointer-events:none;}Enter Your VIN. I tried another mechanic. An electrical short increases the risk of a fire. The torque converter ring gear was apparently not positioned right. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 94-97 HONDA ACCORD KEY IGNITION SWITCH W/ KEY OEM at the best online prices at eBay! Thanks for all the suggestions. Friendly staff, great service. While waiting for my apt at the independent I called the local dealer from whom I bought the car. Monday-Friday: 6am-5pm PT, (800) 999-1009 toll free push button start and so on . Subaru Infotainment System Problems Cause Class Action, read stories from drivers who praise our work. A Look at the Honda Accord Push-Button Starter. I got an email from here about a technical service bulletin from Honda concerning the problem. But the problem is, I can still start my car if I hold the button down. Request Honda to take action and resolve this issue for all Honda Accord owners and continue to keep their brand promise of reliability and quality. Used 2013 Honda Accord from Scherer Mazda in Peoria, IL, 61615. California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. Numerous formal complaints have been filed regarding a faulty starter on the 2013 Honda Accord. Autozone has a starter for a 2013 Accord V6 for $155 if you decide you need one. How do I use the navigation system in my Honda? About a year ago began having problems starting. It's like the car doesn't know the brake is being pressed & therefore turns on the aux power instead. But it could be a lot of other things including software or the starter itself. driveaccord.net is not in any way affiliated with Honda Motor Company, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. I was treated with respect, kelp up to date on repair. 3. Its a safety device. Expected the 'reliable' Honda to not have this problem at least until 75k miles. For now we are rating this problem with the "Beware" seal because it's occurring so soon after the 36K mile warranty expires. 2023 Honda Accord Hybrid vs 2023 Toyota Camry Hybrid, 2023 Honda Ridgeline vs. 2023 Chevy Colorado, 2023 Honda Ridgeline vs. 2023 Toyota Tundra, 2023 Honda Ridgeline vs. 2023 Ford Maverick, 2023 Honda Ridgeline vs. 2023 Toyota Tacoma, 2023 Honda Passport Trim Level Comparison, 2023 Honda Ridgeline Trim Level Comparison, 2023 Honda HR-V vs. 2023 Chevrolet Trailblazer, Pre-Owned Honda Under $20,000 Meridian MS. How to Order Honda Auto Parts in Meridian, MS? So be sure to pay attention when you see an envelope in the mail labelled Safety Recall Notice. Eventually went back to the initial problem. Batteries for car & FOB new. I thought it was the fob and kept replacing the battery. In most cases, the automaker will send you a notice in the mail to announce a recall. So I begin to think it is the Compustar iDatalink by-pass module. Like in the Gas Station when you shut down your car to fill up. Had never had a day-to-day reliability issue with Honda in 38 years prior to this. The starter stopped working after killing my battery. Tthen the car won't start anymore after one day from changing the battery. Content on driveaccord.net is generated by its users. Owners may contact Honda at 1-310-783-2000. When you push the Start button: First, the vehicle's computer checks if the brake pedal is depressed. Intermittent start problem. Then put my Foot on the Brake Paddle again and push the START button and it will start the car on the 2nd time. To know if the push-button starter has gone bad, try to jump-start it directly. Report a problem with your vehicle, tires, car seats or other equipment. If your push button start works sometimes and not other times, it's possible that the starter in your Honda needs replacing. 1-888-327-4236. My 2013 Accord starting experiencing intermittent starting. Meridian Honda seeks to follow this example and become the most-trusted dealership in the Meridian area. Honda's recall number is JA9. Honda's number for this recall is KG0. The lawsuit alleged that Honda should provide extended warranty coverage for starter-related issues. I have a 2013 Honda Accord with push button start. American Honda Motor Co., Inc. (Honda) is recalling certain model year 2013 Accord vehicles that are Low-Emission Vehicle (LEV) II rated that were manufactured January 15, 2013, through April 5, 2013. I put my foot on the brake, push the button, and get a noise like static. Install the new ENGINE START/STOP switch assembly into dashboard switch panel. Are there any known problems with the Honda Accord starter? Vehicle Description. The car started after a single press of the button. Be sure to get the issue diagnosed by a Honda factory certified service department like Meridian Honda to find and fix the issue. I'm sure your could find an independent mechanic to replace it for a couple of hundred or DIY. If your fob is working but your engine won't crank, your car may have a dead battery. I'd try to pull the wheel back to the center & stomp hard on the brake. I have a new starter on order. I had to Uber to and from home at my own expense. I had to have my starter replaced under warranty for the same issue. When functioning properly, turning the ignition key or starter button should mesh starters pinion gear with the flywheel and turn the starter motor to crank the engine. Owners will need to have the permanent remedy completed once they receive a second notice. And I recently have issues with the trunk not opening on my remote, so I go back to the alarm place and updated the firmware on that in June. I called and made an apt with a service shop which only deals with certain makes, including Hondas.

Charm Of Heroism 5e, Articles OTHER