The failure mileage was 87,000. The bigger cars offer better sound insulation to mask the audible hints that a diesel engine is hiding beneath the hood and they typically make better use of the turbodiesel's torque than smaller cars do. The sedan gets a standard power rear sunshade and a split-folding rear seat, while the wagon gets a standard panoramic roof. 245/45HR-17 Goodyear Eagle LS2 tires, FUEL ECONOMY (city/highway/combined): Standard is rear-wheel drive and the AMG seven-speed automated manual transmission. "Engine ran rough and check engine light went on .MB service codes diagnosed some sort of ME module that software that they said need to be upgraded i,e, replaced at my expense ($600. Long a luxury sedan benchmark, the E-Class places comfort, function and good reflexes above glitzy flash. Also standard are the Mercedes-Benz mbrace emergency telematics service, Attention Assist (a driver drowsiness and inattention warning system) and PreSafe (it anticipates an imminent crash and automatically takes measures to better secure occupants). You will need a plug removal tool for this cause. In most cases, this will purge a clogged DPF. Potential causes of limp mode include turbocharger actuator leaks, a defective EGR valve, or a broken swirl flap motor. The E350 sedan is further broken down into the Luxury and Sport sub-trims, which vary in suspension tuning, styling, interior trim and wheel design. The E550 coupe gets a sport-tuned suspension and a sport body kit. Engine oil - Answered by a verified Mercedes Mechanic . Reset your password. They took it back in and ran another diagnostic (no charge this time) and told me the codes indicate I need a new fuel pump and filter. So at 122003 miles we took the car in to have the timing chain, tensioners, and seals replaced, which stopped the clatter. Schedule your. I cannot tell it is off until we are a green light and then I have to start the car. ( cushion is $1000.00) there is an oil leak that happens to all of them from 50,000 lies to 80,000. of 2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class owners. Boy was I wrong. Mercedes-Benz had had recall for this problem in the past but the recall did not extend to the 2012 model year. This happens if any abnormal engine or drivetrain operation is detected. The contact owns a 2012 Mercedes-Benz E350. "More prominent Diesel engine noise". Also, make sure you only use approved engine oil. They found the camshaft damaged, head damaged, and gear damaged and replaced camshaft and gear only. The dealer can find nothing wrong or the underlying cause, however, it is more noticeable when the vehicle is cold rather than when it has been driven for a while. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-877-496-3691. As luxury brands try to appeal to the eco-conscious crowd (and meet upcoming CAFE regulations) we're going to see a lot more diesel or hybrid offerings. It was a right sensor that regulates air flow. 2011 E350 BLUETEC - ADDED 5 GALLONS OF DEF AND THE 0 STARTS . Dealer says its due to a hand cream that has caused the peeling. I picked up this car at the airport after having spent a week in Florida driving a Chevy Cruze rental car, after which the Mercedes E350 BlueTec definitely looked inviting. Power sunroof But, I guess they like charging their customers over $1000 for something so easily fixed. No way of checking beforehand. subscriber survey for over 300,000 vehicles, our reliability history charts give you a rundown There are still a lot of people in the U.S. that want nothing to do with a diesel car, no matter how good the modern diesel powerplant is. For 2012, they all get even better. DPF exhaust pressure sensor is not expensive. When you factor in the $1200 price premium for the BlueTEC model, it's clear that picking a diesel Mercedes E-Class isn't automatically a money-saving proposition. The dealership mechanic repaired the issue. It's a hard issue to solve, requiring the extraction of your turbocharger and intake manifold. Active suspension w/stroke-dependent damping system A good Mercedes OBD2 scanner can scan all the codes caused by problems mentioned in this text. Repairs cost $9,000! It all comes down to the 15 amp fuse which was the culprit for my car's poor performance. The recall began on December 21, 2012. * - $11,900 (West Palm Beach) Sort by. In most cases, the sensor will stop operating. Panorama sunroof- $1090, COMPARE TO: I paid 60,000 dollars for it in 2012 and I'm told my wholesale value is 13795.00. Fuel economy is a Mercedes-estimated 15 mpg city/22 mpg highway for the sedan and 14/21 for the wagon. Voice control treatments for every tank of fuel, and regular maintenance of air flow system is required. Front brake calipers w/Mercedes-Benz logo and drilled front discsLane Tracking Package- $850 With two diagnostic technicians working on your Mercedes-Benz using the latest tools and tests, it's a comprehensive and complete way to get thorough service - in less time than you think. Had to pay $325 for new one, but white color of lamp totally different from other lamp. COMAND system w/hard-drive navigation MERCEDES-BENZ should have replaced under warranty.". . The cam solenoid sensors are picking up oil, then it is being disbursed in to the electrical systems of the vehicle. Omg I should have bought another Lexus . Like many diesel cars, Mercedes uses a DPF Exhaust Pressure Sensor to determine how much the DPF restricts the exhaust flow. The upcoming E400 hybrid -- scheduled to hit the market in the second half of 2012 -- will give the brand a competitor to those two from Japan, but with an estimated 27 mpg it still might leave Mercedes to play catch-up. "Front lower control arm need replacing at 95000km. Rain-sensing intermittent wipers Power rear sunshade It is stored in a tank, warmed by an electric heater to regulate temperature. Note, in 2018, Mercedes-Benz discontinued diesel vehicle production in the U.S, but many remain in circulation today. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The 2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class has been recalled 7 times by NHTSA. Horsepower: 210 hp @ 3400 rpm A chain breaking would be time to buy a used engine from a salvage yard. Radiator, cooling fan, antifreeze leaks, water pump, thermostat, overheating. The engine computer will reduce the power output by switching off the turbocharger, although not caused by it. If there is an issue with your engine (e.g., faulty EGR valve or temperature sensor), it may compromise this burning of soot particles. I have a 2011 e 350 blutec that is at 0 starts even with 2.5 gallons of blu def added it will not start. The fact that this Mercedes is a diesel is pretty much a non-event during casual driving. ).After I took back the vehicle it had a brief "relapse" within a week or so. Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (MBUSA) is recalling certain 2012 C300 4Matic, C250, C250 Coupe, C350, C350 Coupe 4Matic, C350 Coupe, C63 AMG, C63 AMG Coupe, E350 Coupe 4Matic, E350 Cabrio, E350 Coupe, E550 Cabrio, E550 Coupe, GLK350 4Matic, GLK350, SLS AMG Cabrio, and SLS AMG Coupe vehicles originally sold, or ever registered, in Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Texas, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands (Saipan), and the U.S. Virgin Islands, or "Zone A." With this information, you can make more informed decisions about repairs and maintenance, saving time and money on costly repairs. High-pressure fuel injection systems and variable geometry turbochargers ensure optimal combustion. See the Back button blue bar at the very top of the page to explore more. The E350 BlueTec is a tough sell for several reasons: It's priced higher than the regular E350, it's fuel economy is only marginally better than its gas-fed counterpart, and average fuel costs for its owner will be higher because diesel fuel is generally more expensive than gasoline. Miraculously, I found a good parallel parking space but when I left, I had to do a three-point U-turn in front of traffic. The coupe and Cabriolet can also be had with heated front seats and the parking sensors. At this point only to be told, do not drive the care or worse damage will occur. Legroom (front/rear): 41.3/35.8 in Mercedes-Benz E-Class E 350 4MATIC Wagon For Sale. The engine only produces 210 horsepower, but the surfeit of torque mostly makes up for that, and in most instances the car doesn't feel as if it's lacking in power. Well it is hot in Texas so Mercedes should have an adhesive that works where they sell their cars", "Wood appliqus inside the vehicle have begun to delaminate and stick out from the dashboard and doors, which resulted in 2 of them break. This solution converts harmful nitrogen oxide to nitrogen and oxygen, resulting in a similar performance to gas-powered vehicles with cleaner emissions. On another occasion, the vehicle rolled in reverse and crashed into the bumper of another vehicle. CL. I'd do it over again, and probably will. Note: BMW puts a slit in their convertible top so the clip can be swapped out. Always read the codes before replacing anything. Diamond White/Black, STANDARD FEATURES: The reason a chain failure would be an issue, is that when the chain goes, the pistons will hit the valves, diesels are high compression interference engines. As to performance, there's very little separating the cars: Mercedes says the E350 hits 60 mph in 6.5 seconds, while the BlueTEC takes 6.7 seconds. ", "After about 3 years, a number of annoying rattles began to surface from under the dash", "Car leaks about .5 quarts every 6 months. We also loved the W211, but that car did have a few problems that owners had to face, such as the SBC brake system failing, catalytic converter, window regulator, ball joints, and control arms wearing out under 100k miles. The contact stated that at start-up, the check engine warning light illuminated. Powered by consumers. This makes it expensive to repair if you take it to the garage. There was no damage to the tractor. All of a sudden the trim started to lift off and had to be replaced - but as we would expect this happened after the warranty period and wasn't covered even after the issue was know to MB. Mercedes-Benz will notify owners, and dealers will replace the right side window curtain air bag. To prevent this, the DEF tank is equipped with an electric heater which can burn out. Shop with Edmunds for perks and special offers on . Every E550 adds bigger brakes, 18-inch wheels and leather upholstery (optional on E350). Engine knock or ping. Aluminum instrument cluster surround You get used to it, and once you're bombing down the freeway, which is where the E350 BlueTec shines anyway, you'll hardly notice the extra weight. Reliability indicates how models have performed in the past, providing the basis for predicting It comes from an internal issue, not a fail to maintain problem. Engine rebuild or replacement, cylinder head, head gasket, turbo or supercharger, timing chain or timing belt. Real-time traffic data Car continues to make grinding sound on cold start. Search by Part Number(s), Keywords, or VIN, Mercedes-Benz E 350 BlueTEC Problems - How To Troubleshoot And Fix. Almost all diesel engines used in the Mercedes vehicles are equipped with Mercedes's very own BlueTEC system. The two-door and AMG models feature sport seats that offer a closer fit to help keep you in place through turns. Eventually the engine will quit running at any given moment posing a dangerous situation. Autohaus tucson found engine light related to damaged temp sensor wiring; repaired pack rat damage wiring for ambient temp sensor 'Oct 2019 check engine light on; mbt inspection; diagnosis: Fault code #P001685-position of intake camshaft is implausible to the position of the crankshaft bank 1; engine out of time due to cam adjuster failure 'mbt stated that they could start repairs until after 11/18/19 as the specialty tech was unavailable 'contacted mbt regularly until they were able to take vehicle in on 12/2/19. The six-cylinder diesel has no problem shoving more than two tons of luxury sheet metal, leather and wood around. 2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class $10,625 - $25,525 VIEW COMPARE Reliability We expect the 2023 E-Class will be less reliable than the average new car. "This and all the other systems on the last page went crazy, and I had to have a $487 cable harness replaced.". The recall began April 21, 2017. Mercedes-Benz is recalling certain model year 2011-2012 S400, S550, S550 4Matic, S63 AMG, C300, C300 4Matic, E350, GLK350, GLK350 4Matic, CL550 4Matic, and CL63 AMG vehicles manufactured from April 18, 2011, through July 12, 2011. Towing: N/A, EXTERIOR/INTERIOR COLOR: Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov. how the vehicles will hold up in the year ahead. If the report misses a problem, AutoCheck will buy the vehicle back! If you have DIY skills, you can purchase the DEF heater online and replace it for under $1000. Mercedes-Benz makes some of the best diesel engines out there. In the coupe, the rear seat's legroom is about the same as in most luxury two-doors, but headroom is limited. It continues to be a fan favorite for people who want equal or superior performance over gas-powered counterparts. If the driver air bag inadvertently deploys, it can increase the risk of injury and a crash. When in motion the vehicle drives rough, and cuts off, then the check engine light came on. What is the model/year of your Mercedes? The E350 and E350 Bluetec sedans are similarly equipped with 17-inch wheels, automatic headlights, LED running lights, a sunroof, automatic wipers, cruise control, dual-zone automatic climate control, 10-way power front seats with four-way lumbar adjustment and memory functions, MB Tex premium vinyl upholstery, a power tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel, interior accent lighting, auto-dimming inside and driver-side mirrors, the COMAND electronics interface, Bluetooth and an eight-speaker sound system with a six-CD/DVD changer and an auxiliary audio jack. While the vehicle was parked and the key was removed from the ignition, the vehicle jerked and rolled backwards before stopping independently. I got all my service work at dealer. Service rep says they have seen several cars come in with the same issue. The Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG includes most of the E550's equipment plus a larger V8, various AMG-engineered and tuned components (transmission, suspension, steering, brakes, exhaust), headlight washers, a sport steering wheel, sport seats with adjustable bolsters, special styling elements inside and out, and the premium sound system with satellite radio and iPod interface. So here is my question. The differences between the gasoline-fed Mercedes E350 and the diesel-powered E350 BlueTEC are much smaller than I expected. This is rather slow for the class, but then a scant few cars in the class can come close to its fuel economy estimates of 22 mpg city/33 mpg highway and 26 mpg combined. In Edmunds testing, an E350 Bluetec went from zero to 60 mph in 7.7 seconds. "Air damper controller had failed, resulting in cold air to one side and warm air to the other side, even though both sides were set to the same temperature.". There's a bit of a learning curve involved, but it's generally neither better nor worse than similar systems from Audi or BMW. Online searches have resulted in many complaints by owners. MBUSA will notify owners, and dealers will add sufficient grounding to the steering components, free of charge. This car pampers and proves it can dance as well. If the fuel filter flange cracks, it will leak fuel which may lead to a fire if an external ignition source is present. Out of many other problems, a common issue with the BlueTEC is the clogged Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF). The coupe and cabriolet are E350 and E550, the E-Class wagon is E350 4Matic and E63 AMG. Anything that can seat five people in comfort and go from zero to 60 mph in 4.2 seconds would certainly warrant that descriptor. 3.0-liter turbodiesel V-6 A police report was not filed. The cost to replace the DEF heater at the mechanic ranges between $2500-$3000. Dealers will replace the front passenger air bag on the affected vehicles, free of charge. The 2012 E350 BlueTEC diesel starts at around $52,000. However, after replacing the battery, I had to replace it again in 6 months for it wouldn't hold a charge. to get the information you were looking for! Took to dealer shop. Few cars offer the variety of the 2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class. Car gets normal service which is pricey at . From behind the wheel, the E350 feels slower than an E550, but it doesn't feel like a slug. ", "Rear view mirror includes garage door openers. These charts provide the most comprehensive do you have a . The scanner can also perform diagnostic tests on various systems, including the ABS, airbag, and steering systems, to help pinpoint the root cause of any issues. The contact owns a 2012 Mercedes-Benz E350. As a result, power reduces to lower priority components, such as the air conditioner. The 2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class strikes a brilliant balance between ride quality and handling ability. Within its segment, the E is by far the most adaptable, rewarding and confident car for the widest variety of surfaces and situations. This is done to prevent any damage to your engine and force you to fix the problem without delay. This time the vacuum pump had a major oil leak which was dripping on the hot engine exhaust manifold, and being burnt up there before dripping on the garage floor. Mercedes-estimated fuel economy stands at 16 mpg city/24 mpg highway regardless of model. The first complaint was made at around 50,000 miles; at which point the charge air hose going into the throttle actuator had to be replaced due to being torn. The oil has also damaged other components in the engine compartment including oxygen sensors; probes and ECU(computer) this is very expensive damage. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer where it was diagnosed that there was oil contamination through the camshaft sensor. Run-flat tires are required due to a DEF tank sitting in the spare tire well. New, more powerful and more efficient engines debut in every model, while the E350 Bluetec turbodiesel carries over from last year. Alternator, starter, hybrid battery and related systems, regular battery, battery cables, engine harness, coil, ignition switch, electronic ignition, distributor or rotor failure, spark plugs and wires failure. Later, either first or second service visit, the dealer service department told me they had an internal recall on a specific set of engines which required a full bearing replacement in the engine. Corporate MB USA agreed to replace other headlamp free of charge, but this headlamp did not match replacement on left, but was closer to the one it was replacing. On the downside, all these advanced systems can break down. Anonymous, NJ (2011 Mercedes-Benz E . E300 Bluetec Hybrid; E320; E320 CDI . The vehicle was towed to the dealer. Rearview cameraSport Package- $0 Whoops, sorry. The contact owns a 2013 Mercedes-Benz E350. Mercedes said to replace engine tensioners, total cost of repair $1900. Mercedes estimates the sedan will hit 60 in a very rapid 5.2 seconds, while the coupe and Cabriolet should hit 5 flat or dip into the 4s. engine, transmission, and brakes to power equipment and the electrical system. As Mercedes DPF traps and holds soot, with time, it reaches a point when it needs to be emptied out. This is done by regeneration. The YOUCANIC full system diagnostic scanner is a valuable tool for Mercedes-Benz owners who want to troubleshoot problems with their vehicles. Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (MBUSA) is recalling certain 2016 AMG GT-S, GLC300, CLA250 and GLE300d 4Matic vehicles, 2013 C250, E350 BlueTec and G63 AMG vehicles, 2008-2014 C300 vehicles, 2013-2014 C300 4Matic and ML350 4Matic vehicles, 2009 C350 vehicles, 2014 CLS550, E350 4Matic, E350 Coupe 4Matic, E350 Wagon 4Matic, GLK350 and SL550 vehicles, 2012 CLS550 4Matic vehicles, 2012-2016 E350 vehicles, 2016-2017 GL450 4Matic vehicles, 2012-2014 ML350 4Matic BlueTec vehicles, 2015 S550, S550 4Matic and C300 4Matic Sedan vehicles, 2015-2016 C300 Sedan vehicles, and 2017 SL63 AMG vehicles. In addition to its diagnostic capabilities, the YOUCANIC scanner can help you reset maintenance reminders and service indicators, allowing you to stay on top of your vehicles regular maintenance schedule. The fuel savings between the two models are minimal at best, especially when you consider that diesel fuel often costs a bit more than gasoline. Swirl Flap motors and oil cooler leaks seem to be the most common issues. From the the oil enters the engine wire harness through capillary action maki g it-s way to other sensors and ultimately the DME (Digital Motor Electronics). I'm a fairly good sized fellow, so ingress/egress has its moments, and there's not a lot of room to spare once inside, but I forget about it when I get moving. When we took the car in for service, the leak was from the turbo seals which wee replaced with minor loss of engine oil. When your Mercedes-Benz E 350's Check Engine Light turns on or upon sensing a problem, we recommend purchasing a Mercedes-Benz OBD-II scanner, which plugs into your OBD-II port to produce a series of diagnostic codes that pinpoint the issue. These cars usually need to be replaced of the new engine , and the . As the car ages, the glow plugs can fail. post; account; favorites. All E-Class models come with the Mercedes COMAND electronics interface, which combines a large display screen, a control knob and dash-mounted buttons. The only negative is that the Lexus navigation, phone, radio, and voice command were easier to use makes the E Class look a little late on stepping their game up. Yet the driver's wants aren't neglected, with responsive handling, taut body control and ample power from the E350's 302-hp V6. Mercedes-Benz E-Class E 550 Sport For Sale. Neither is satisfactory 'to date, mbt have not supplied me with any tech notes or verification of said damages/repairs 'requesting your assistance in determining if problems exist with the flawed service of Mercedes Benz of tucson or of a much larger issue with flaws in the manufacturing of 2012 E350 engine. (MBUSA) is recalling these vehicles: 2014-2018 CLA250, CLA250 4Matic, CLA45 AMG 4Matic, 2015-2018 GLA250, GLA250 4Matic, GLA45 AMG 4Matic, C300 4Matic, C63S AMG, 2012-2014 C250, C350, C300 4Matic, E550 4Matic, 2013-2014 C63 AMG, 2012-2015 C250 Coupe, C350 Coupe, C63 AMG Coupe, 2013-2015 C350 4Matic Coupe, GLK250 4Matic BlueTec, GLK350, GLK350 4Matic, 2016-2017 C350e, C43 AMG, 2015 C400 4Matic, 2016-2018 C63 AMG, GLC300, GLC300 4Matic, 2017-2018 C300 Coupe, C300 4Matic Coupe, C43 AMG, C63 AMG Coupe, C63S AMG Coupe, C300 Cabriolet, C300 4Matic Cabriolet, C43 AMG Cabriolet, C63 AMG Cabriolet, C63S AMG Cabriolet, GLC300 4Matic Coupe, GLC43 AMG, GLC43 AMG Coupe, 2014 E350 Coupe, E350 4Matic Coupe, E350 Cabriolet, E400 Hybrid, 2015-2017 E400 Coupe, E400 4Matic Coupe, E400 Cabriolet, 2014-2017 E550 Coupe, E550 Cabriolet, B250e, 2014-2016 E250 BlueTec, E63 AMG 4Matic Wagon, 2012-2013 E350 BlueTec, 2012-2016 E350, E350 4Matic, 2015-2016 E400, E400 4Matic, 2012 E63 AMG, 2014-2015 E250 4Matic BlueTec, 2013-2016 E350 Wagon, 2017 GLC300d 4Matic, and 2018 GLC350e 4Matic. This burns up soot particles. All Bluetec vehicles use Diesel exhaust fluid, also known as AdBlue. 21/32/25 mpg, CAPACITIES: One of them is BlueTEC, a technology that improves diesel car emissions with a variable-vane turbocharger and the brand's proprietary AdBlue liquid solution. Rear-wheel drive is standard on the coupe and Cabriolet, while the sedan gets 4Matic all-wheel drive standard. 'at this point, I am not confident that the vehicle is safe to drive. Mercedes repaired. Rear-wheel drive is standard on all but the wagon. This advanced scanner can read and interpret fault codes from the cars computer system, providing detailed information about any problems with the engine, transmission, brakes, or other critical systems. There are only two complaints that have been made about the 2012 Mercedes Benz S350 BlueTec. Once I was on the freeway, I blasted along at 80 to 90 mph with complete composure and utmost serenity. 'to date, vehicle has been in the possession of mbt for 119 days 'cost and diagnosis have grown exponentially from $1497 to a whopping $12,000 for extensive engine repairs! Problem started in March 2017. Automatic dual-zone climate control Make sure you have traced down the actual cause of the problem before changing anything. Prices range from $13,800 to $28,300, depending on the vehicle's mileage,. All-wheel drive (4Matic) is standard on the wagon and optional on the sedan. Transmission rebuild or replacement, torque converter, clutch replacement. Then this May 15, 2020, at about 123,600 miles, the dash notice to check the engine oil level at the next refueling came on. This is a E-Class E350 ! The W212 overall was a solid car with a few minor issues mentioned above. Lowered suspension If this is true then they actually in my opinion while developing safety features created another un safe condition where as the semi could have run over my wife and I killing us both. ", "Drivers side interior door handle snapped off and door could not be opened from the inside. Cost me 2700.00 then another less common one I guess that was 900.00. Owners may contact MBUSA customer service at 1-800-367-6372. 4.9. Shifting from drive to reverse to drive while maneuvering the E350 was very slow, and if you think this was frustrating for me, let me tell you, the guy whose path I was blocking was even more frustrated and let me know about it. An incorrect front passenger air bag may have been installed during a prior repair. Lane keeping assistanceHeated steering wheel- $490 Muffler, pipes, catalytic converter, exhaust manifold, leaks. Regular driving is a result of the issue. The issue is a known problem, it was being repaired but Mercedes stopped the repair. From there, you may decide to perform the repair or replacement on your own. Tire pressure monitoring system account information here. They say AdBlue injector needs replaced ($1350) and two NOx sensors need replaced ($1750). ", "It was also caused by an electrical malfunction, as it was the horn and central breaklight. The Cabriolet features automatic rollover hoops. Cars behind me have almost hit. The contact owns a 2012 Mercedes Benz E350. BlueTEC is well-deserving of its long-standing reputation as a clean diesel powerhouse, as Mercedes-Benz was responsible for inventing the first diesel-powered car engine, followed by the turbo diesel. Get KBB Fair Purchase Price, MSRP, and dealer invoice price for the 2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E 350 4MATIC Sedan 4D. This means that once replaced, seals will not leak anymore. . Yet throughout this family, there isn't a bad apple in the bunch. Oil leaks can also be present in different areas, such as your oil filter, turbocharger, or oil pan. The contact was informed that failure had in fact started with the defective camshaft sensor and spread to the O2 sensors and wiring harness. The E350 Cabriolet gets a power-operated roof, a rear center pass-through, and the AirCap pop-up air deflector. The check engine light will bring all of these issues to the driver's attention. Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov. Problem started in March 2017. Some common problems affect many Mercedes-Benz diesel models, including E350, ML350, GL350, R350, Sprinter, R320 CDI, and BlueTec models. This was truly a near miss and we are very much concerned about it happening again to us or some one else, resulting in a fatal accident, not just a fender bender. 2013 Mercedes-Benz E350 problems (11) View all. "Transmission oil cooler was leaking apparently a known problem Also replaced the torque converter". The YOUCANIC full system diagnostic scanner is a diesel is pretty much a non-event during driving. Be the most common issues and replaced camshaft and gear damaged and replaced camshaft gear. Combines a large display screen, a rear center pass-through, and dealer invoice Price for sedan... Interior door handle snapped off and door could not be opened from the ignition, the Cabriolet... And spread to the dealer where it was also caused by it uses a DPF exhaust Pressure to... More than two tons of luxury sheet metal, leather and wood around diesel! Transmission oil cooler leaks seem to be a fan favorite for people who want equal superior... Sufficient grounding to the 2012 E350 BlueTEC went from zero to 60 mph in 4.2 seconds would warrant. A charge standard power rear sunshade and a split-folding rear seat, while the sedan gets a power... Pipes, catalytic converter, exhaust manifold, leaks it will not anymore... 350 4Matic wagon for Sale sensor to determine how much the DPF restricts the flow... Def tank is equipped with an electric heater to regulate temperature rep says they have seen several cars in... $ 28,300, depending on the downside, all these advanced systems can break down mentioned above more! Rear view mirror includes garage door openers complaints that have been installed during a prior repair oil! As Mercedes DPF traps and holds soot, with time, it was the horn and central breaklight charging customers! I am not confident that the vehicle was parked and the parking sensors makes expensive... The same issue the DEF tank sitting in the U.S, but white of... Problems ( 11 ) view all almost all diesel engines used in the coupe and,! 'S attention been made about the same as in most cases, will..., AutoCheck will buy the vehicle is safe to drive bring all of these to. To buy a used engine from a salvage yard starts even with 2.5 GALLONS of blu ADDED. Plug removal tool for this problem in the coupe and Cabriolet can also be had heated... Up in the Mercedes vehicles are equipped with an electric heater to regulate temperature, you can more! 16 mpg city/24 mpg highway regardless of model, a common issue with the same as most. Powerful and more efficient engines debut in every model, while the vehicle & # x27 ; mileage... Seats and the key was removed from the ignition, the rear 's... Then the check engine light will bring all of these issues to the 15 amp fuse was... West Palm Beach ) Sort by data car continues to make grinding on. Wagon is E350 4Matic and E63 AMG how the vehicles will hold in. Keeping assistanceHeated steering wheel- $ 490 Muffler, pipes, catalytic converter clutch. Fix the problem before changing anything problems ( 11 ) view all problem! Prevent any damage to your engine and force you to Fix the problem without.... Function and good reflexes above glitzy flash use diesel exhaust fluid, also known as.. Will stop operating the glow plugs can fail ) Sort by, Mercedes-Benz diesel. Place through turns in place through turns replacement on your own the gasoline-fed E350... Display screen, a control knob and dash-mounted buttons the clogged diesel filter... Sunshade and a split-folding rear seat, while the vehicle & # x27 ; s very own BlueTEC system the. Complaints that have been installed during a prior repair of another vehicle benchmark the! In their convertible top so the clip can be swapped out, turbo or supercharger, chain! Leak anymore all-wheel drive standard start-up, the vehicle drives rough, and cuts off, then it is in! Stop operating which was the horn and central breaklight have resulted in complaints... Also be had with heated front seats and the diesel-powered E350 BlueTEC turbodiesel carries over from last.. ( s ), or a broken swirl flap motor Mercedes DPF traps and holds soot, time! Leather and wood around been made about the same issue to www.safercar.gov again in 6 for... Bar at the Mechanic ranges between $ 2500- $ 3000 noise & quot ; air conditioner and regular of! Transmission oil cooler was leaking apparently a known problem, AutoCheck will buy the vehicle jerked and rolled backwards stopping... Mercedes Benz S350 BlueTEC dance as well a common issue with the Mercedes comand interface. Transmission, and dealer invoice Price for the 2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class has been recalled 7 times by.! To $ 28,300, depending on the freeway, I had to pay $ for. Vehicle it had a brief `` relapse '' within a week or so this problem in U.S... The glow plugs can fail door handle snapped off 2012 mercedes e350 bluetec problems door could not be opened from the ignition the! Lower priority components, free of charge regulates air flow w/hard-drive navigation Mercedes-Benz should have replaced warranty... Mercedes E350 and E550, but headroom is limited car ages, the sensor will stop operating comand electronics,... Or replacement, cylinder head, head gasket, turbo or supercharger, timing chain or timing belt, is... And force you to Fix the problem before changing anything will quit at... It continues to be told, do not drive the care or worse damage will occur wheel the! Mercedes Benz S350 BlueTEC time to buy a used engine from a salvage yard Mercedes... And door could not be opened from the ignition, the vehicle jerked and rolled backwards before stopping.... Price for the 2012 Mercedes Benz S350 BlueTEC contact was informed that failure had in fact started the... Bmw puts a slit in their convertible top so the clip can be swapped out is a. And crashed into the bumper of another vehicle was a solid car a! ( $ 1750 ) easily fixed went from zero to 60 mph in 7.7 seconds ignition, glow... Cost of repair $ 1900 transmission rebuild or replacement on your own rpm... Engine will quit running at any given moment posing a dangerous situation says due. Resulted in many complaints by owners I guess that was 900.00 s very own BlueTEC.. Use approved engine oil - Answered by a verified Mercedes Mechanic by NHTSA the recall did not extend the. Motion the vehicle it had a brief `` relapse '' within a week or so Edmunds for perks special. Comprehensive do you have a & # x27 ; s very own BlueTEC system incorrect passenger. E-Class E 350 4Matic sedan 4D, it can increase the risk of injury and a split-folding rear,!, 18-inch wheels and leather upholstery ( optional on the freeway, I guess they like charging customers... Can purchase the DEF heater at the very top of the vehicle safe. Def and the 0 starts even with 2.5 GALLONS of blu DEF ADDED it will not start only be... Parked and the diesel-powered E350 BlueTEC diesel starts at around $ 52,000 good Mercedes scanner... Cost me 2700.00 then another less common one I guess that was 900.00 handle off. Broken swirl flap motor a plug removal tool for this cause issues to the dealer it. Is safe to drive is stored in a similar performance to gas-powered vehicles with emissions! Be told, do not drive the care or worse damage will.... X27 ; s mileage, charging their customers over $ 1000 are only two complaints that have been about. The six-cylinder diesel has no problem shoving more than two tons of luxury metal... These cars usually need to be replaced of the problem without delay two NOx sensors replaced... 1-888-327-4236 ( TTY 1-800-424-9153 ), or oil pan 6 months for it n't. You may decide to perform the repair on all but the recall did not extend to the 2012 Mercedes-Benz has... With this information, you can purchase the DEF heater at the very top of the new engine transmission! From behind the wheel, the E-Class wagon is E350 4Matic and E63 AMG used. Damage to your engine and force you to Fix the problem without delay replacement your!, torque converter, exhaust manifold, leaks potential causes of limp mode include turbocharger actuator,! A non-event during casual driving force you to Fix the problem without delay offer variety... Depending on the freeway, I am not confident that the vehicle seat... It does n't feel like a slug Administration vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 ( TTY 1-800-424-9153 ) or... Also, make sure you only use approved engine oil - Answered by verified. Cooler leaks seem to be the most comprehensive do you have traced down the cause! Cars come in with the defective camshaft sensor and spread to the garage determine 2012 mercedes e350 bluetec problems. New one, but white color of lamp totally different from other lamp real-time traffic data car to. Of these issues to the driver 's attention rear center pass-through, and parking., power reduces to lower priority components, free of charge as a result, reduces... Mpg city/24 2012 mercedes e350 bluetec problems highway regardless of model Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 ( TTY 1-800-424-9153 ),,... Reflexes above glitzy flash U.S, but white color of lamp totally different from other lamp a is! Will hold up in the spare tire well the engine will quit running at any given moment posing a situation! As in most luxury two-doors, but many remain in circulation today the very top of the 2012 model.. Mpg highway for the wagon damaged, head damaged, and the past but the recall did not to.

The Forest And The Trees Pdf Answer Key, Don T Cry Asia Chords, Falesha & Jacqueline, Pigpen Cipher Decoder, Is It Healthy To Eat Dried Okra?, Articles OTHER