Ill be more than happy to talk to anybody about anything. Manage Settings Below are the steps you should follow to reset the oil light in your 2010-2015 Ford Edge. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. If the engine oil life drops to less than 10 %, the Change Engine Oil Soon Light appears on display. Find Oil Drain - Locate the oil drain plug underneath the vehicle, 4. Resetting without changing the engine oil lead to premature engine wear and serious problems in the functioning of these. I own 5 other Fords and know how to see it from pushing the setup, then reset. Open the Hood - How to pop the hood and prop it open, 3. The average cost for Ford Edge Oil Pump Replacement is $1278. Step 2 Press and release the trip/reset button repeatedly to cycle through the available on-screen options until the display reads "OIL LIFE = XXX% HOLD RESET." Step 3 Press and hold the trip/reset button until the display reads "OIL LIFE SET TO 100%." Step 4 Turn the ignition to the "OFF" position. Thanks. Press and hold "OK" for 2 seconds to reset. The 2008 Ford Edge oil filter needs replacing along with your oil. Thank you for using Car How To and the Oil Reset Pro app. Learn how to change the oil and oil filter in your 2008 Ford Edge with this free video. Are reviews modified or monitored before being published? The oil filter every oil change (every 5000 clicks on conventional filter). How to Change Engine Oil 3.5 V62008 Ford Edge Oil Change. Now the operation is complete. How To Reset Ford Edge Oil Change Light: 2010-2015 Press and release the SETUP button to display "Oil Life XXX% Hold Reset = New" Press and hold the RESET button for 2 seconds and release to reset oil life to 100% OR Use the UP and DOWN arrow buttons to scroll to the Settings menu and press the RIGHT arrow to enter the submenu Most Ford F150s will display the oil change message between 7,500 and 10,000 miles for normal use drivers. The Workshop Manual says this is normal - but it really does not look like the new 75W140 that I put back in so it is not that normal and clean oil is of course much better than sludge. The recommended type of oil for a 2008 Ford Edge is SAE 5W-20 Fully Synthetic Motor Oil. This site and the content appearing on this site is independent of Ford Motor Company. The synthetic oil vs conventional oil debate has many proponents on both sides. 11) Refilled case with Royal Purple 75w-140 and closed and cleaned everything up. becky acre homestead gossip. Is there a way to clean the actual vent? First, turn the ignition on without starting the vehicle. No. Would overfilling the PTU (in my case to the bottom of the fill plug) blowout any other seals? Congratulations on resetting your oil life monitor. How to Change Engine Oil 3.5 V62012 Lincoln MKX Oil Change. 2008FordEdgeSE Sport Utility 4DEdit Oil Change Fair Repair Range About Oil Change An oil change is the act of replacing the oil and oil filter in your car, truck or SUV's crankcase. 2011-2023 Ford Edge Oil Change Light Reset Guide, Resetting Oil Life in Ford Edge with Advance Display. For your info, this operation work for the first and second generations of the Ford Edge (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023 model years). Press and release the trip/reset button repeatedly to cycle through the available on-screen options until the display reads OIL LIFE = XXX% HOLD RESET., Press and hold the trip/reset button until the display reads OIL LIFE SET TO 100%.. It would cost you around $611 to maintain a Ford Edge every year, which is slightly higher than the average of $573 annually for midsize SUVs. If the engine oil level appears to be low (or empty), you'll need to fill it up. If the oil is allowed to go beyond the end of its life, it loses its ability to lubricate (called viscosity), and it builds up debris and can cause damage to your engine. Oil change life reset complete when the oil change indicator resets the instrument cluster displays 100% remaining lifeThis video will show you how to rest the oil life light on the following Ford Models:2011 Ford Edge2012 Ford Edge2013 Ford Edge2014 Ford Edge2015 Ford Edge2016 Ford Edge2017 Ford Edge2018 Ford Edge2019 Ford Edge2020 Ford EdgeMore free DIY How-To available at https://www.ProgramYourRemote.com.Find a Locksmith in your area with https://www.LocateALocksmith.com [1] [2] From Tunisia, the protests then spread to five other countries: Libya, Egypt . I have removed the fill plug and sucked out what I could twice. The video displayed may not look exactly like your car, but may be relevant enough for you to get a good idea how to do it. Follow links below to download from the store for FREE now! Anyhow, I think I am going to flush the PTU again and refill. However, 5.7 quarts of oil are needed for the 2.0L EcoBoost engine. toyota rav4 lunar rock ice edge roof for sale. what i would try first is a transmission flush. How often should I change the engine oil? Then press and hold the reset button for 2 seconds to reset the oil life. Apply the parking brake and turn off the engine. then go 15K and test. How do I reset the oil change indicator in my Ford? Top 5 Best Car Gadgets And Accessories For The Ultimate Road Press and release the SETUP button to display Oil Life XXX% Hold Reset = New, Press and hold the RESET button for 2 seconds and release to reset oil life to 100%, Use the UP and DOWN arrow buttons to scroll to the Settings menu and press the RIGHT arrow to enter the submenu, Scroll to the Vehicle menu and press the RIGHT arrow, Scroll to the Oil Life Reset menu and press the OK button. It holds a measly 18oz of Ford Motorcraft 75w-140 synthetic gear lube. All Rights Reserved. This unit can get hot and I would assume this to be especially true when under heavy load like towing a trailer or during extended high speed driving conditions. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. This Service is not affiliated with the various automotive companies featured therein. The first thing you should do, is check your engine oil level. Model years appear on the right side of the table. 2006-2023 Peugeot Boxer Oil Change/Service Light Reset Guide, Heres How You Open Gas Tank/Fuel Door in Ford Edge (2015-2024), 2007-2023 Chevy Tahoe Gas Cap/Fuel Door Release, Simple Way to Open Fuel Filler Door in Audi A1, Quick Guide To Open Gas Tank/Fuel Door on Ford Explorer, Heres How You Open Gas Tank Fuel Door on Kia Soul (2010-2022), Quick Guide To Open Fuel Door/Gas Tank in Honda Accord (2007-2022), First, turn the key to the on position and wait till all the lights up, Then were going to come over to the main menu, and were going to click it down until we get to, Once we read Settings, we click the right arrow button to enter, After that, were going to scroll down until it comes to, At this point, you can set it to a hundred percent, or whatever percent will reset. Has anyone changed the oil in their PTU. Plus do not allow the PTU to submerge. The air filter - urban driving - every other oil change. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. FCSD Chemicals and Lubricants Quick Reference Charts. This feature can automatically adjust the service interval based on the engines operating characteristics and the drivers driving habits. Rear different is also mentioned, don't know about the bearings. should work. Ford recommends using Motorcraft * motor oil for your Ford vehicle. Connect the black cable of the multimeter to negative terminal of the battery, and the red cable to the positive terminal. If you start with known good fluid, that is what the service intervals are useful for. Had To Buy The Right One For Drivers Side. For example, extreme short trips generate enough oil and water to cause significant engine wear and tear. The 2008 Ford Edge sports a potent V6 engine that has an oil capacity of 5.5 quarts, or approximately 5.2 liters. Fortunately when I had my shop change it (at I assume the first change since I bought it at 65k miles) they said the fluid was still flowing nicely and there were no black globs in the vent tube. You should get a message saying "oil life set to 100%" Like (4) Leave your answer Name reinstall drain plug and pan, and fill . IF the fluid remains freeflowing each time, 3/36 would be a good rule of thumb for change. year to help you gain confidence about one of your largest purchase decisions. How To Reset Oil Life Ford Expedition 2007-2021; Honda P0172-Fuel System Too Rich; Honda P0171-Fuel System Too Lean; How To Reset Oil Light Ford Escape 2018-2023; How To Reset Oil Light Ford Escape 2008-2017; Ford Escape : How To Set Clock If you are unable to reset the oil life notification light the first try, repeat the steps. If you poodle around in slow stop-start traffic, the change oil light can come on much earlier than if you are on steady long runs all the time. Remove Filter - Position drain pan and remove the oil filter 7. I was thinking 20k would be sufficient? How to Change Engine Oil 3.5 V62014 Lincoln MKX Oil Change. How to Change Engine Oil 3.5 V62008 Lincoln MKX Oil Change. Am I missing something? Getting Started - Prepare for the repair, 2. Find Oil Filter - Locate the oil filter 6. 2008 ford f350 turbo is out but the moter it still good just needs turbo. Is there any suggestions on how to clean the vent other the flushing 3-4 times? 3/8" square drive for the fill plug. The average cost for Ford Edge Oil Change is $83. Be sure to maintain the oil at this level to ensure proper and consistent performance. So lets hop over to it. How to Change Engine Oil 3.5 V62007 Lincoln MKX Oil Change. Switch the key to the OFF position, then start the engine. FORD EDGE OIL CHANGE 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 3.5 V6 OIL CHANGEIn this video we will show you how change your engine oil on Ford Edge first generation 2007-2014. The oil pressure sensor assumes the role of monitoring this internal pressure and sending a signal to the oil pressure gauge on your dash, alerting you immediately if there is a problem. To completely reset the Oil Life, choose " Set to 100% ", then press and hold " OK ". Clean Up Tips - How to best clean spills and deal with used oil, 15. Remove Oil Cap - Take off the oil fill cap, 9. I hope this tutorial has helped you successfully reset the oil life and clear the Change Engine Oil Soon notification on your Ford Edge. Someone on this forum may have done it though, I will have to look. does not research or authenticate any of the Answers provided. I intend to keep it that way, and so these are the steps I have taken so far:1) I sucked as much of the black, stinky, nasty "oil" out with a hand pump through the unit's fill plug (3/8" ratchet drive) as I could and replaced it with a mixture of 75% 75w-140 gear oil and 25% Mercon V transmission fluid.2) Drove the vehicle about 50 miles on that mixture.3) Sucked the thinned mixture out.4) Removed the heat shield mounted to the transmission torque mount (10mm nuts).5) Obtained 1/8" and 5/16" cobalt bits and a 9/16" steel bit and proceeded to s-l-o-w-l-y drill out the bottom-center of the case in steps using WD-40 as a cutting lubricant.6) After drilling through the case I allowed the remaining oil to drain out and sprayed about 1/4 of a can of brake cleaner through the fill hole and then another 1/4 of a can through the newly drilled hole to wash out as much of the drilling debris as possible.7) Used a 3/8" NPT tap to thread the hole with a 6" extension and a 16mm socket to drive the tap. Oil. Use the Down arrow to scroll to "Oil Life Reset" press Right . The new high-performance ST trim gets a V6 turbo and AWD. Here are the instructions that you can follow to reset the light for different Ford Fusion models. I am an automotive technician and a vehicle enthusiast. If you are still unsuccessful, contact an authorized repair center to perform the oil reset. I recently bought a 2008 Edge with 80,000 miles on it BEFORE learning about the PTU issues.Sufficiently freaked out by all of the horror stories on these things and with the SUV up on ramps I was happy to see that the case was clean and there were no signs of any oil being forced out of the top vent when I inspected it. A 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission is standard and provides smooth, quiet acceleration. If this was too high, then maybe the pressure made some come out of the vent. If you liked this video and found it helpful feel free to like, share, and comment to help us bring even better content. Not many have tapped a drain hole into the PTU, probably for fear of completely ruining it with metal shavings from the drilling. So it would still be a no go regardless of AWD or FWD. A quick video tutorial on how to reset the oil life on a 2011 - 2020 Ford Edge. After 2 weeks I decided to drain it out again, the oil was still filthy, and within 3 days the PTU started to belch out bigger blobs of oil/grease. Lots of short journeys will degrade the oil sooner than a few long journeys. Brian K, April 24, 2016 in 2008 Edge & MKX. Just had oil change and fuel filters changed. Note: Once the tap started to cut I only used 1/2 turns to prevent binding. Use the UP and DOWN arrow buttons to scroll to the Settings menu and press the RIGHT . The fill line is about 1 inch or so below where the fluid starts coming out of the fill plug hole. For more oil reset and DIY maintenance, make sure to subscribe to our channel! Restart your car. Press. Press the "UP/DOWN" arrow until "OIL LIFE RESET" is selected. Your email address will not be published. Change it every 10K miles and you should not suffer any failures. Read Oil Level - Reinsert dipstick, remove and then read oil level, 14. This procedure is the same for most Ford vehicles. Makes sense since the oil will break down faster under harsh conditions. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. The other option is to find a BG shop that will do it for you in 1 go. Copyright 2023 Leaf Group Ltd. / Leaf Group Media. Water could enter the PTU, contaminate the oil, and ruin the PTU. Edge 3.5 V6 24V (2006 - 2008) 5.2 L 5.49 US quarts: 6 months/ 5 000 miles: Edge 3.5 V6 24V AWD (2006 - 2008) 5.2 L . So you press the OK button and hold it down, so youll see youre resetting. This site and the content appearing on this site is independent of Ford Motor Company. If you are unable to reset the oil life notification light the first try, repeat the steps. Press and hold the RESET button for 2 seconds and release to reset oil life to 100%. document.getElementById("ak_js_1").setAttribute("value",(new Date()).getTime()); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. When I had my local dealer change the flid the first time, I talked the the mechanic who they considered their expert on these units. To perform the 2009 Ford Edge oil life reset turn the ignition to ON. For the first oil change, I took it my 2011 Edge Limited the dealer, but I am tired of waiting all day for just an oil change, so I went it a Oil Change shop (SuperLube). They also slightly alter the styling and sell the same car by two different names (amongst other tricks to help offset development costs). If you have a Ford Edge and youve changed the oil in it, you need to reset the oil life light monitor. Do not Attempt!AMAZON ASSOCIATES DISCLOSUREAuto Repair Guys is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com*DisclaimerWe, Auto Repair Guys, are not responsible for property damage or injury incurred as a result of any of the information contained in this video. This video will show you step by step instructions on how to reset your oil life indicator on a Ford Edge 2011-2015. This video shows the location of the oil drain plug, oil filter, oil fill cap and dipstick in addition to the steps needed to change the oil and filter in your Edge. After each 1/2 turn I backed the tap out, cleaned it off with brake cleaner, sprayed WD40 into the hole to wash out any chips, and then proceeded to thread it back in by hand and make another 1/2 cutting turn.8) After completing the tapping process I screwed a hex fill plug into my new drain hole and hand pumped as much mineral spirits as I could into the case and let it sit for a couple of hours.9) Unscrewed the drain plug and let the mineral spirits rush out, washing any of the remaining debris out with it.10) Sprayed another 1/2 can of brake clean into the case to rinse off any left over mineral spirits out of the case.11) Refilled case with Royal Purple 75w-140 and closed and cleaned everything up.I'll drive it around for a while now before rechecking the contamination level, but so far so good. The engines oil life is directly related to the operating temperature, and the oil temperature varies with driving conditions. Find Oil Filter - Locate the oil filter, 6. Given The Wrong Abs Cable. Allow Necessary Cookies & Continue The engine oil life reminder light is designed to keep up on the maintenance Ford vehicles have a light that displays on the dashboard to alert the driver that the time has come to change the oil. Find Oil Drain - Locate the oil drain plug underneath the vehicle 4. The Ford Edge Forumis not affiliated with, sponsored, endorsed, licensed or approved by Ford Motor Company. They told me they thought that when the PTU seal leaks, it gets low on fluid and what's left gets too hot and turns gummy. Find the OIL LIFE XXX% HOLD RESET = NEW screen. How to Change Engine Oil 3.5 V62011 Lincoln MKX Oil Change. Or do you think it is still coming out of the vent. how to get free stuff for your dog on instagram. Because the same oil recirculates so much through the oil filter, they should be changed together to ensure that your vehicle can operate at top performance. Worked well enough but I was concerned about pushing the somewhat rigid and brittle plastic hose into the PTU and having it break off inside. Your email address will not be published. The oil life light on Your 2008 Ford Edge needs to be reset after every oil change so that the system can determine when the next oil change is due. Press and release the SETUP button to display "Oil Life XXX% Hold Reset = New". Thanks for your reply WWWPerfA_ZN0W. I'm an expert in the field of engine oils and lubricants. Our system selects the most applicable video for your car based, in part, on these characteristics. Use the controls on the left of the steering wheel to scroll through the message center. Appreciate any advice you have at this point. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Time will tell. Customers are invited to participate in a survey administered by MaritzCX, an independent, third-party supplier. The vehicle listed above is a Sport. Press and hold the RESET button for 2 seconds and release to reset the oil life to 100%. Quote ted rowe Budding Enthusiast 6 Name: ALAN leave 2 bolts on each end of the pan on for now. They said that the only Ford approved oil is a full synthetic. Ford Edge Warning Lights Oil Life Reset Oil life indicator and reset MCARMONA MEMBER 2009 FORD EDGE 3.5L V6 2WD AUTOMATIC 140,000 MILES The vehicle listed above is a Sport. It all depends on how it's driven and what kind of journeys you do. Sanstrom has undergone advanced automotive training at the Dunwoody College of Technology, holds an Associate of Arts in general studies from Century College and has more than 10 years of experience in all aspects of automotive repair and diagnosis. Hey MacT, you're going 10k miles on the PTU oil changes? But since I just took a look at mine this weekend I have a couple of questions.

Drift Hunters Hacked Game, Dr James Conyers Houston, Articles OTHER